The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm about to dive back into 20th Century Boys. People rave about Urasawa's work but the only thing I've finished of his is Pluto, which reminds me I need to go back and finish Monster.
Monster is probably my fav Urasawa work. So sprawling in story and depth and yet singularly focused on regret and righting a wrong.

I'd also suggest Billy Bat if I haven't already which is more like 20th Century Boys

Monster is probably my fav Urasawa work. So sprawling in story and depth and yet singularly focused on regret and righting a wrong.

I'd also suggest Billy Bat if I haven't already which is more like 20th Century Boys

I have Billy Bat on my list too. I was reading Monster and enjoying it then got busy and forgot to get back to it. How's the anime for it?

Pluto was incredible too if you haven't checked that out. It takes place in the Astro Boy universe, tho I remember Atom having a relatively small role and since I wasn't familiar with the Astro Boy world I didn't even realize till Atom showed up, so it felt completely like it's own work. Thematically and philosophically it's similar to a lot of current works exploring what it means to be human thru the lens of robots and AI, also examining war, but in 65 chapters or so it does a lot.

Been saving Pluto for last cuz after that aint nothing else to.rrad for Urasawa until his current work is more available.

Never caught the Monster anime. I started off watching lots of anime but when I transitioned to manga I never really looked back except for movies and the more popular ongoing manga (OP, Naruto, etc).

During this whole pandemic, I've been watching so much anime that I'm forgetting what I saw in March and April :emoji_sweat_smile:

Ok hunter x hunter gets a hell of a lot better by each arc.. but huge jump to heavens arena then phantom trope

also jojo jumps a ton once it gets to battle tendency and Joseph/Caesar

I just said that about JoJo to my friend, if she starts at Battle Tendency and then goes back to Phantom Blood, she’ll stick with the series.

At least phantom blood is only 9 episodes.. Hunter exam is a whole 26 episodes and even heavens arena takes couple episodes

I never understood how or why they made the Naruto/Hinata relationship work.

Nothing was there the entire series then The Last movie drops and they force a romantic relationship.
What do you mean nothing was there, she always liked him. However she was shy, you can look back to the chuunin exam. He stood up to Neji for her and "protected" her, also after his match with Kiba she gave him the medicine to help heal his injuries. Naruto didn't realize it but Kurenai knew and told him just take the medicine, also he called her "weird" but told her he likes weird people. That was easily the best shot at a relationship he had, it certainly wasn't going to be Sakura.
who cares hinata busty af let my boy cook
Also she shy waiting to open up to him. :wink:

CF87BF55-885F-4C7B-90FA-A4B0C2F8710D.jpeg

Akame Ga Kill ****ed up with Damn near everybody dying by the end :lol:

Still lost why it's named after that one character.

feel like ending makes more sense when you remember who the series is named after.. but I saw they changed things up from the manga.. I wish they fleshed some thing out some more with it, could have easily had another season

Back
Top Bottom