The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I mean, what else was there to latch onto?

Even without the 4Kids dub, One Piece didn't exactly exude cool from the outset with its bright environments, cartoony designs, goofy powers, and the happy-go-lucky demeanor of its protagonist.

Bleach looked cool, but it never recovered storywise after the Rukia arc.

So of course teens would gravitate towards the ninja world with ninja school where you could hone your ninja powers along with its mildly angsty protagonist.
Well it started off with Big 3 that you mentioned. Any other potential competition finished too soon or went on crazy hiatuses.

There really wasn't anything else

Bleach fell off. One Piece is long form greatness that didn't capture minds in the same way. Naruto simply had the edge of being a smaller story in comparison to OP and finished

IMO though, everything after the time skip, most of Shippuden is trash. I wouldn't call it any better than Fairy Tale/Rave Master, Shaman King, Bleach, or Inuyasha.

I'd put underrated manga like Ao no Exorcist, Soul Eater, Witch Hunter, and D. Gray-Man over Naruto easily. Among many others.

i love gintama.

initially i didnt like it and thought it was stupid but everyday i would find myself watching an episode.

just watched the episode "nabe shougun" where they were making fun of death note looool

definitely going to finish this series.

the intro to the first 24 episodes is awesome too, only intro i dont skip besides beo bop.
hate this newer one

how many episodes do I have to give it before it gets good?

debating starting

I need help. I am shopping for someone who is into anime, but I know next to nothing about anime.
  1. What are the most popular anime franchises for Americans? (I am going to assume the ones shown on TV? I don't even know what those are called besides Natruro and Dragon Ball Z.)
  2. I am looking online for Video sets, and most are spoken in Japanese with English subtitles. Is this the way it is shown on American TV?
  3. Where would you recommend me to shop for Video sets?

I need help. I am shopping for someone who is into anime, but I know next to nothing about anime.
  1. What are the most popular anime franchises for Americans? (I am going to assume the ones shown on TV? I don't even know what those are called besides Natruro and Dragon Ball Z.)
  2. I am looking online for Video sets, and most are spoken in Japanese with English subtitles. Is this the way it is shown on American TV?
  3. Where would you recommend me to shop for Video sets?
does it need to be video sets? the best thing to do at this point is to maybe set them up a crunchy roll or funimation account.
if you insist on a dvd collection of some kind maybe amazon and My hero academia would be a good choice

Need to know more about the the person you’re shopping for.. like age and all that.. whether their heavy into action and type of movies they like

im an anime fan, but I watch zero of naruto or dragon ball

does it need to be video sets? the best thing to do at this point is to maybe set them up a crunchy roll or funimation account.
if you insist on a dvd collection of some kind maybe amazon and My hero academia would be a good choice
That sounds like a good idea. So you would need a TV, Internet Access, AND one of the devices listed on the bottom to watch?
funimation.PNG

That sounds like a good idea. So you would need a TV, Internet Access, AND one of the devices listed on the bottom to watch?
funimation.PNG
I mean they can just watch with a smart phone (as long as they have unlimited data) , but yea as long as something can log onto the internet they can watch.
and they can watch from anywhere

I mean they can just watch with a smart phone (as long as they have unlimited data) , but yea as long as something can log onto the internet they can watch.
and they can watch from anywhere
I barely watch TV so I don't know how this works. How about on a TV, is a Roku or Firestick required?

yea if you have a roku or a firestick those apps should be loaded or easy to download on there and they can watch that way.
Do you know if there are any shows that are not on these subscription sites? I was thinking about getting a movie set of something more exclusive and hard to find.

how many episodes do I have to give it before it gets good?

debating starting
It's like a love it or hate it thing.

Definitely not a binge watch series. More like a one episode a day thing imo.

Keep in mind it's a comedy and it's self aware.
I've only watched the first 26 episodes and the first movie.

If you watch the first 25 episodes and the first movie, you'll get a general idea of the show, but I've heard it doesn't get really good until episode 60.

It's like a feel good type comedy

Oh and Skip the first 2 episodes

The first opening sequence is my second favorite after cowboy bebop

Last edited:
Do you know if there are any shows that are not on these subscription sites? I was thinking about getting a movie set of something more exclusive and hard to find.
i dont actually know,
I'm not sure if the older anime are on there yet or stuff like Berserk.
Difference between crunchy roll and funimation
funimation will have most of the dubbed english shows.
crunchy roll has more variety.
(i believe)

I feel like I've seen that statement almost yearly now :lol:

I see that they're actually calling it a day this time though, R.I.P indeed.

I've been using AnimePahe and mostly MangaDex for a minute, and haven't used either KA or KM in probably a good 2-3 years; but those used to be the go-tos so it's sad to see the end of that era.

Randomly saw an episode of parasyte on Cartoon Network and didn’t think it would be for me.. but starting from the beginning shh is pretty good

also ran through all the episodes of infinity train

Yorknew arc

The first arcs are solid tho.

Yorknew and Chimera ant are the only ones I would say are "crazy good" but they have flaws .

Last edited:
idk yall remember this or ever heard of this. but in korea "mine" sounds like the N bomb.
black dude on bus who was fairly new to korea didnt know and got aggressive and physical with an old dude. old dude was only saying like hey this is mine.
we got looked at like villans for damn near 4 months

I'ma spoiler tag this, i found that video,
dude really set us back wild thing is he knew curse words but not pronouns.
we were there fighting against this for so long. Koreans looked at black Americans super crooked for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom