The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

What's the prophecy ? oh about the 9 people facing Kaido?
Yeah that's the prophecy. 9 scabbards liberating Wano.

I mean if they want to bring more people in you can bring in Hawkins, Marco can provide support, Drake could come up if him and Apoo stop fighting and Apoo decides to defect now that Queen wants him dead. Somehow Law's crew left the submarine and got on the island even though it's floating? Yamato is another option with Momo witnessing.
I definitely dont think any of these ppl will just be support.

I think its gonna take 9 ppl to beat Kaido at the least. Marco might show up to heal them at some point but I don't figure him in as one of the vital ppl to defeat him.

Doubt Apoo switches sides either.

I'm hesitant to say anymore external people are making their way to Wano with it busting at the seams already. But contenders are Urouge, last we saw was on a sky island where Kaido jumped from, so who knows how far that was. Bege left Dressrosa at some point recently and was on the move, blackbeard was leaving his island.
I don't think it has to be worst generation members either.

Some of them are there, but haven't arrived yet. Perospero left to come ahead of them, but Smoothie and a ship full of people are there including Flampe and some others, they just got knocked off the waterfall by Marco, so they're late arrivals.
I was thinking more Katakuri, Oven, and maybe Bruleé to easily transport more ppl over there.

Yeah that's the prophecy. 9 scabbards liberating Wano.

I definitely dont think any of these ppl will just be support.

I think its gonna take 9 ppl to beat Kaido at the least. Marco might show up to heal them at some point but I don't figure him in as one of the vital ppl to defeat him.

Doubt Apoo switches sides either.

I don't think it has to be worst generation members either.

I was thinking more Katakuri, Oven, and maybe Bruleé to easily transport more ppl over there.

Yeah I think if it was just support it'd only be Marco. If it's new generation folks they'd all throw down. I think this fight is supposed to be about ushering in the new era and the young guys taking over, so I don't think any older pirates will jump in. I've been trying to figure out how it'll all play out. The conclusion of the fight will be once Onigashima reaches Wano so all the citizens can see Kaido fall. But till then I can't guess anything with any real confidence, which is a fun spot to be in.

Katakuri got left on Whole Cake. Not sure if Oven or Brulee or Daifuku made the trip.

we'll def see katakuri again, possibly at the end.

If we actually do an Elbaf arc, I think things will conclude with Big Mom and her family there. She has unfinished business with them it seems.

But Oda's been changing the story. Apparently he originally planned for Doflamingo to fight on Kaido's side in Wano and the Joker nickname was leftover from that, so I'm not even confident we get Elbaf anymore.

If we actually do an Elbaf arc, I think things will conclude with Big Mom and her family there. She has unfinished business with them it seems.

But Oda's been changing the story. Apparently he originally planned for Doflamingo to fight on Kaido's side in Wano and the Joker nickname was leftover from that, so I'm not even confident we get Elbaf anymore.
I think we can still do elbaf.

Big mom sneaks off to steal Kaidos poneglyph in this arc and goes off to find the last missing road poneglyph which may or may not be in Elbaf which also happens to be Shanks territory :nerd:

We're definitely getting Elbaf. Dunno if Big Mom will be there though.

She kinda has been out lasting every failed plan. She wanted to steal the Vinsmoke army and technology, now wanted to team up with Kaido another emperor. Maybe she tries to make the giants allies again and Luffy beats her to it.

We're definitely getting Elbaf. Dunno if Big Mom will be there though.

She kinda has been out lasting every failed plan. She wanted to steal the Vinsmoke army and technology, now wanted to team up with Kaido another emperor. Maybe she tries to make the giants allies again and Luffy beats her to it.

I think if we do Elbaf it comes out that Pudding messed with Big Mom's memories to make her remember it as the giant prince wanting to marry Lola then she ran off. Maybe she also unlocks her memories about her childhood. Just feels like there's more story to tell with her. The only reason I'm doubtful about it being told is the path to the end seems to be accelerating and Elbaf might become a shorter arc like Zou.

I think if we do Elbaf it comes out that Pudding messed with Big Mom's memories to make her remember it as the giant prince wanting to marry Lola then she ran off. Maybe she also unlocks her memories about her childhood. Just feels like there's more story to tell with her. The only reason I'm doubtful about it being told is the path to the end seems to be accelerating and Elbaf might become a shorter arc like Zou.
Think everybody has been fooled about Oda's comments about the end of this story.

He already has backtracked about the 5 year talk.

I'm expecting 10 more years so I got no reason not to believe Elbaf wont be a decently sized arc. Definitely not a pit stop like Zou. Probably something like Punk Hazard or Dressrosa.

Found out Black Clover’s last episode airs on March 30. Been out of the loop and didn’t know it was ending. :frown:

Think everybody has been fooled about Oda's comments about the end of this story.

He already has backtracked about the 5 year talk.

I'm expecting 10 more years so I got no reason not to believe Elbaf wont be a decently sized arc. Definitely not a pit stop like Zou. Probably something like Punk Hazard or Dressrosa.

Yeah I don't think 5 years is happening either. I was more thinking about his final stages comment, but he is awful at estimating how long it'll take him to tell a story. I do like his short and mid sized arcs though cause he tends to keep the writing tighter.

is elbaf the last island or something

No, Laughtale is the final island you need the red poneglyphs to get to. Lodestar is the last island you can get to following the log pose. Elbaf is the giant island we saw in Big Mom's flashhback, where Dorry, Broggy, and Harjudin are from. Ussop has said he wants to go there a few times.

Yeah I don't think 5 years is happening either. I was more thinking about his final stages comment, but he is awful at estimating how long it'll take him to tell a story. I do like his short and mid sized arcs though cause he tends to keep the writing tighter.
Yeah from my count we have:

Elbaf
Lodestar
Shanks
Poneglyphs/void century
Laugh tale and one piece
Dragon and the revolutionaries/Kuma
Vegapunk
The crew achieving their dreams;
- Zoro defeats Mihawk
- Sanji finds All Blue
- Nami maps the entire world
- Brook reunites with Laboon
Inevitable war with the Marines
Imu and the Gorosei
Blackbeard

With Oda's pace of 38 chapters a year. Maybe One Piece ends in 2032. He'd have to shorten quite a bit to finish this decade.

And he has so many other smaller reveals, possible fights, things he may fold in to that list like the 3rd admiral reveal, possibly taking on CP0, learn way more about Rocks, involving the rest of the worst generation. Plus there's more new characters to introduce. And if he adds two more nakama that's more of the crew to balance.

Yeah from my count we have:

Elbaf
Lodestar
Shanks
Poneglyphs/void century
Laugh tale and one piece
Dragon and the revolutionaries/Kuma
Vegapunk
The crew achieving their dreams;
- Zoro defeats Mihawk
- Sanji finds All Blue
- Nami maps the entire world
- Brook reunites with Laboon
Inevitable war with the Marines
Imu and the Gorosei
Blackbeard

With Oda's pace of 38 chapters a year. Maybe One Piece ends in 2032. He'd have to shorten quite a bit to finish this decade.

And he has so many other smaller reveals, possible fights, things he may fold in to that list like the 3rd admiral reveal, possibly taking on CP0, learn way more about Rocks, involving the rest of the worst generation. Plus there's more new characters to introduce. And if he adds two more nakama that's more of the crew to balance.

Yeah then if he gets into Rocks and God Valley there's that as well. Which is why I think he might shorten up some stuff or start cutting some stuff. Every year he talks about the series he sounds more and more eager to finish the series and has a different level of urgency than previously. Not that it won't take him longer than 5 years I just think he might start deciding to put some ideas on the chopping block or condensing things into one arc and making them bigger rather than spreading out over multiple arc and islands. But who knows, he also won't want to let the quality suffer.

Yeah then if he gets into Rocks and God Valley there's that as well. Which is why I think he might shorten up some stuff or start cutting some stuff. Every year he talks about the series he sounds more and more eager to finish the series and has a different level of urgency than previously. Not that it won't take him longer than 5 years I just think he might start deciding to put some ideas on the chopping block or condensing things into one arc and making them bigger rather than spreading out over multiple arc and islands. But who knows, he also won't want to let the quality suffer.
At the same time though he teases what's upcoming for the new year and he's ALWAYS behind :lol:

We were suppose to get the results of Sabo and Vivi at the Reverie last year. We're probably getting it end of summer :lol:

Last edited:
Found out Black Clover’s last episode airs on March 30. Been out of the loop and didn’t know it was ending. :frown:

Hate to see it but I’m sure it’ll be back.

They really should of made this show a seasonal one. Animation would be a lot better instead of jus the fight scenes.

At the same time though he teases what's upcoming for the new year and he's ALWAYS behind :lol:

We were suppose to get the results of Sabo and Vivi at the Reverie last year. We're probably getting it end of summer :lol:

True and we're supposed to see a lot of Shanks this year, so that'll probably be next year

Hate to see it but I’m sure it’ll be back.

They really should of made this show a seasonal one. Animation would be a lot better instead of jus the fight scenes.
It was also announced that there will be an “important announcement” on March 30. I doubt it’s actually a permanent cancellation.

Since the anime has progressed close to the manga, maybe they need a break. That’s my guess.

Other possibilities could be that they’re switching to a seasonal anime, or perhaps taking the Demon Slayer approach and progressing the story with a movie.

I don’t know how popular the anime actually is though, especially in Japan. Maybe it’s just not doing as well as I assume it does and it really is the end for the anime.

It was also announced that there will be an “important announcement” on March 30. I doubt it’s actually a permanent cancellation.

Since the anime has progressed close to the manga, maybe they need a break. That’s my guess.

Other possibilities could be that they’re switching to a seasonal anime, or perhaps taking the Demon Slayer approach and progressing the story with a movie.

I don’t know how popular the anime actually is though, especially in Japan. Maybe it’s just not doing as well as I assume it does and it really is the end for the anime.

Popularity for Black Clover has been through the roof as of late. So when the anime ends where I think it’s gonna end I’m sure the popularity will go even further.

A movie would be nice to wrap up this current arc because I actually like this Dark Triad arc. Lots of crazy fights and insane power ups.

I do hope they switch to seasonal tho that way we can avoid filler and get better animation quality in the end tho

Back
Top Bottom