The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Going after the Gawd??? :nerd:
Kind of, more or less regarding his health and the breaks. If you are sick man take a break and get better, the fans would be mad at the hiatus. However I would much rather that than the frequent breaks because of his poor health. I have sympathy up to a point for an illness or poor health. However over time you need to take better care of yourself.

To be honest I don't even mess with One Piece like that. I use to be so excited for the next chapter, now with other manga to read. I often forget to go read it until Sunday.

download.jpg
A female friend posted this video in her FB story. She calls herself the ultimate waifu?

THESE DUDES DONT MISS this was a great ep

Hey bro, I dont appreciate you posting my Waifu Senpai Woe in here like that
lol
check out her "content"
She use to be way more slim. had a kid and that is the result...
OH, one eyebrow or two eyebrow worthy
59b1c3acd68d8a1aa6e87b2fb3043367.gif

Kind of, more or less regarding his health and the breaks. If you are sick man take a break and get better, the fans would be mad at the hiatus. However I would much rather that than the frequent breaks because of his poor health. I have sympathy up to a point for an illness or poor health. However over time you need to take better care of yourself.

To be honest I don't even mess with One Piece like that. I use to be so excited for the next chapter, now with other manga to read. I often forget to go read it until Sunday.
Japanese Asian comic creators but mangaka specifically have the insane work ethic. They all work weekly with like one or two days off dropping like 40 chapters a year. Its not just Oda.

I got nothing but respect cuz American comic artists do not work anywhere near as hard on corporate owned or creator owned work for the most part. Granted American artists (pencilers and inkers) do all of the art while mangaka have assistants doing background and stuff it's still adds up as more work when you look at the pace they release work.

They reject the American artist work ethic. You'll find very like Togashi that has no problem releasing a fire story and then go on multiple several month long breaks.

Japanese Asian comic creators but mangaka specifically have the insane work ethic. They all work weekly with like one or two days off dropping like 40 chapters a year. Its not just Oda.

I got nothing but respect cuz American comic artists do not work anywhere near as hard on corporate owned or creator owned work for the most part. Granted American artists (pencilers and inkers) do all of the art while mangaka have assistants doing background and stuff it's still adds up as more work when you look at the pace they release work.

They reject the American artist work ethic. You'll find very like Togashi that has no problem releasing a fire story and then go on multiple several month long breaks.

There's also the weekly competition/ranking to stay published so most can't afford a break. Then the pay isn't that great I hear. Think they get paid by page, then 8-10% of volume sales, then licensing fees for merch, video games, anime, movies, but no royalties for that. Oda may not have a contract like that these days, but seems to be pretty standard even for the dude who wrote Gintama. I think the mangaka pay the assistants out of their earnings as well. Each one uses assistants differently. Like Oda draws anything in a panel that moves, so workloads can vary. Some are also doing side projects as well.

It's a crazy industry.

There's also the weekly competition/ranking to stay published so most can't afford a break. Then the pay isn't that great I hear. Think they get paid by page, then 8-10% of volume sales, then licensing fees for merch, video games, anime, movies, but no royalties for that. Oda may not have a contract like that these days, but seems to be pretty standard even for the dude who wrote Gintama. I think the mangaka pay the assistants out of their earnings as well. Each one uses assistants differently. Like Oda draws anything in a panel that moves, so workloads can vary. Some are also doing side projects as well.

It's a crazy industry.
Oh well yeah, for the average creator the pay is not that good. Thats pretty much the same here in America.

However, Oda is in a different stratosphere. Along with his peers. Unlike over in America, working for JUMP doesn't mean you give away 100% ownership of your creation. He sees money from merch, the anime, movies, and anything else.

Oda, Kishi, and Kubo are super rich now. Oda's strictly doing this for the love of it and to finish his story. It's why I brought up Togashi. Fam is paid twice over now. He had to be pushed to finish Yu Yu Hakusho. He'll create something incredible like Hunter × Hunter and not worry about finances cuz he put in enough to still get royalties (but I don't want to make it seem like doing 300 or even 100 chapters is some easy feat).

That competition doesn't/didn't phase them cuz they knew their manga was never gonna be cancelled.

Its the beginners and life longers trying to get a hit who have that extra burden.

Last edited:
Oh well yeah, for the average creator the pay is not that good. Thats pretty much the same here in America.

However, Oda is in a different stratosphere. Along with his peers. Unlike over in America, working for JUMP doesn't mean you give away 100% ownership of your creation. He sees money from merch, the anime, movies, and anything else.

Oda, Kishi, and Kubo are super rich now. Oda's strictly doing this for the love of it and to finish his story. It's why I brought up Togashi. Fam is paid twice over now. He had to be pushed to finish Yu Yu Hakusho. He'll create something incredible like Hunter × Hunter and not worry about finances cuz he put in enough to still get royalties (but I don't want to make it seem like doing 300 or even 100 chapters is some easy feat).

That competition doesn't/didn't phase them cuz they knew their manga was never gonna be cancelled.

Its the beginners and life lingers trying to get a hit who have that extra burden.

Yeah, definitely different terms for the dudes on top to make sure they're taken care of. The dudes who don't get long running series are pressed for sure.

Togashi's wife also got that sailor moon money. Togashi has been complaining about the work culture since Yu Yu Hakusho. He said he was budgeting 4 hours per page not including scripting then 5 hours per sleep a night to determine how much free time he'd get. But it was causing him health issues by the dark tournament. Told Jump if they let him end Yu Yu Hakusho he'd give them another hit to replace it.

I don't begrudge any of these dudes who decide to take breaks when they can get them.

Who's that in the last panel? Is that hair or an ear? :wow:
But for real, who can that be? :lol:

Last edited:
According to Parrot Analytics, Attack on Titan was the most polar show in the United States during the week of Jan. 31 - Feb. 6, the same week as its series final. It had 110.5 times the demand of the average series — an increase of 10.5 percent from the previous week — beating out the second place Spongebob Squarepants (87.9) by over 15 percent. NBC's Saturday Night Live came in third place with a score of 77.6, while My Hero Academia scored 71.2 to take fourth place.

Just caught up to some Black Clover eps.

:rofl: @ this new look for Asta. Only 6 months but man's transformed to a full on body builder and the way they show it off makes it look so cheesey.

One Piece 1004 though, last panel probably Hiyori

Black Clover has been absolutely lit.

Asta looking like he’s on the roids and wearing some weird tight AF shirt that barely covers his nipples.

Captain Yami a damn beast. Slicing up that spade devil posessed leader.

Find it interesting that none of the other devils know who it is in Asta’s grimoire giving him anti-magic ability. Wonder if it’d be a cool surprise or not.

The golden dawn got washed.

In comparison seems like the misfits of the Black Bulls got the better abilities and have a few more arcane stage members who match up better with the spade kingdom goons. Funny that the spade devil told Vanessa bae he wants her as his woman then told Grey he wants her too.

Find it interesting that none of the other devils know who it is in Asta’s grimoire giving him anti-magic ability. Wonder if it’d be a cool surprise or not.
I think a bit down the line Asta's demon in his grimoire and his background gonna be a bigger surprise than Yuno's.

I never used to pay attention to the intro to attack on titan..

but I can’t help thinking about the greatest boy band ever, new edition

when the got them soldiers throwing that leg, got me thinking about if this isn’t love

Back
Top Bottom