The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

New chapter of chainsaw man was pretty funny.

for those who didn't get what she was singing, here it is. :lol:

It makes the scene way more chaotic and I think it'll translate very well into the anime once it gets to this point.

I was thinking about this chapter and I know some people don't like Garp's portrayal, but I think it's great. He won the battle. Lots of battles in One Piece are about ideology and his ideology won out.

He successfully bet on the future. Looking at Kuzan crying at the end, I feel a big part of his tears is regret that he couldn't be the future of the marines in the way Garp hoped for his 1st protege. Now I think Kuzan has an alternative goal and wants to bring down Blackbeard, but I think this is him being conflicted that the route he had to take forced him to fight his mentor in this way rather than support him or let him retire or even let Garp pass on his will to him. Instead Garp's will gets passed on to Koby and a new generation of Marines. However, Garp saying "All of you are the future of the Navy" could be a secret message to Kuzan as well.

One other thing, I had forgotten Tashigi was there. Smoker however isn't. I wonder if Tashigi is also supposed to represent Smoker here or if he was intentionally excluded.
I love Garp. My issue wasn't with his showing at Pirate Island. I think he put in work for his age and who he's up against. He pretty much solo'd the island. I only had a couple of issues. I wish he would have at least taken one person out. At the end of the chapter, they all look unscathed after all of that.
I don't think Garp is dead yet but I hope his final words reach more Marines. Roger spoke to pirates that launched the new age of pirates, Whitebeard reinvigorated them at Marine ford by announcing the one piece is real. I think if they go Garp execution route. That is his opportunity to start a new age of Marines. I get he did that with Koby and the people there, but they're SWORD right? so technically he inspired ghosts. The Hero of the Marines should be able to go our speaking to all Marines.

It makes the scene way more chaotic and I think it'll translate very well into the anime once it gets to this point.

I feel like I’m constantly bewildered by how different CSM2 is compared to the first :lol:

IMG_4278.jpeg

I love Garp. My issue wasn't with his showing at Pirate Island. I think he put in work for his age and who he's up against. He pretty much solo'd the island. I only had a couple of issues. I wish he would have at least taken one person out. At the end of the chapter, they all look unscathed after all of that.
I don't think Garp is dead yet but I hope his final words reach more Marines. Roger spoke to pirates that launched the new age of pirates, Whitebeard reinvigorated them at Marine ford by announcing the one piece is real. I think if they go Garp execution route. That is his opportunity to start a new age of Marines. I get he did that with Koby and the people there, but they're SWORD right? so technically he inspired ghosts. The Hero of the Marines should be able to go our speaking to all Marines.
I agree I think he's alive and think he'll have a bigger send off. I'd love to see an interaction with him and Luffy and Dragon before all is done. The only non-SWORD marine there I believe is Tashigi. I think it makes sense though regarding him inspiring a smaller group. Those are the marines most like him. The larger marines I feel are influenced by Akainu, they couldn't understand why Garp would hate the celestial dragons, etc.

But I'm excited to see how things play out with this and the rest of egghead.

This definitely helps because I was sittin there like “bruhhh wtf is goin on?!” 😂

Is it the full season or is it going to be episodic?
Full season of 15 episodes. Kind of surreal seeing this play out on tv as opposed to when I reading it years ago. I also never realized pickle is only listed as 6'1

Still don't understand the Mushashi **** that's next

Full season of 15 episodes. Kind of surreal seeing this play out on tv as opposed to when I reading it years ago. I also never realized pickle is only listed as 6'1

Still don't understand the Mushashi **** that's next
I only see 13 episodes where I normally go watch anime, but I'm happy new episodes are out. Time to go watch it all. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom