The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

In my opinion the character development up to the most current point of the HxH anime that you see from Gon and Killua are by far greater than any other Shounen anime. Besides training and getting stronger, the point of views and demeanor as the main protagonist of the anime have changed and developed with every arc. If you didnt enjoy the first arc then I cant guarantee you'll love it later, but It does get a lot better with each arc.

You cant expect much if any character development from the first arc of most if any anime/arc. The first arc of HxH introduces more key characters that you see continuously through each arc then you see introduced in most anime/manga's first arc.

Last edited:
Naruto gets good when they fight zabuza ep 15 ish

Bleach is terrible

I don't watch OP but that would be 1/5 that could be named and you'd have to be nuts to watch 90 eps to wait till an anime gets interesting
Most people get into OP anywhere from episode 19 where the Baratie arc starts to the 30s where Arlong park arc starts. However in a story as long as OP that's not a lot of episodes. 

HxH I like for the most part, but I can easily get disengaged, especially since I don't feel any real attachment to the characters. I find Killua and Hisoka interesting though, but there's no real attachment. Kurapika was interesting at first, but I felt he boxed himself in with the rules to his powers and became less interesting. 

I liked the 1st couple arcs of HxH the most and the beginning of the chimera ant arc, but in the castle after the netero fight I started losing interest.

Everything isn't for everybody. 

I can understand where he's coming from though, because i'm someone who had the benefit of getting into series like Naruto and One Piece, long after they'd started, when I just happened to read a random article online, or see a fight on youtube. With both of those series I basically started in the middle, and then went back to catch up on the beginning. It'd be harder I think to start from the beginning if you don't find it to be interesting from the start. You see it a lot with people who are just starting to get into One Piece, and can't bring themselves to continue because they either don't like the story, or can't stand the art.

Hunter X Hunter is on my list though, and i've heard good things so i'll see for myself soon enough. (Just as soon as I finish Gundam AGE, Build Fighters, and my re-watch of Code Geass)

Most people get into OP anywhere from episode 19 where the Baratie arc starts to the 30s where Arlong park arc starts. However in a story as long as OP that's not a lot of episodes. 

HxH I like for the most part, but I can easily get disengaged, especially since I don't feel any real attachment to the characters. I find Killua and Hisoka interesting though, but there's no real attachment. Kurapika was interesting at first, but I felt he boxed himself in with the rules to his powers and became less interesting. 

I liked the 1st couple arcs of HxH the most and the beginning of the chimera ant arc, but in the castle after the netero fight I started losing interest.

Everything isn't for everybody. 
The chimera ant arc could have been so good, and it was good, but it was about 15-20 episodes too long for me :smh:
But then I started reading the manga and the next two arcs are fire :pimp:

In my opinion the character development up to the most current point of the HxH anime that you see from Gon and Killua are by far greater than any other Shounen anime. Besides training and getting stronger, the point of views and demeanor as the main protagonist of the anime have changed and developed with every arc. If you didnt enjoy the first arc then I cant guarantee you'll love it later, but It does get a lot better with each arc.

You cant expect much if any character development from the first arc of most if any anime/arc. The first arc of HxH introduces more key characters that you see continuously through each arc then you see introduced in most anime/manga's first arc.
Yeah, what character development are you excepting after the first arc? There's a lot to establish, you can't really do a lot character growth when the characters are just being introduced. Characters like Illumi and Hisoka who I thought we would be done after one arc become crucial plot points later on. And I agree, it's crazy how Killua has changed and developed.
I kinda thought the hunter exams was a bit boring too, but york new city arc :x

the phantom troupe :x :pimp:

Bruh. The chimera ants were sooooo OP. I hated that arc
mean.gif
literally one second they just regularly fighting, next second they could use nen expertly, next second they can take on seasoned hunters

I'm only into the first couple of episodes of season two of hxh (first fight of floor 200) and I must say I'm liking the pace so far. I kind of wish the 'end goal' was a bit more meaningful but I'm sure the story will develop as we go along.

I thought the anime ended already. Is it still going on? I'd rather finish animes that has an ending and that's why I got into it in the first place. Lol

I'm only into the first couple of episodes of season two of hxh (first fight of floor 200) and I must say I'm liking the pace so far. I kind of wish the 'end goal' was a bit more meaningful but I'm sure the story will develop as we go along.

I thought the anime ended already. Is it still going on? I'd rather finish animes that has an ending and that's why I got into it in the first place. Lol
It ends in like 4 or 5 episodes, but the series as a whole is still ongoing through the manga. The anime is just getting to a point where it will soon catch the manga, so they decided to end it rather than put in a lot of filler episodes or change the episode pacing drastically. 

It ends in like 4 or 5 episodes, but the series as a whole is still ongoing through the manga. The anime is just getting to a point where it will soon catch the manga, so they decided to end it rather than put in a lot of filler episodes or change the episode pacing drastically. 

Oh I see. I knew the manga was ongoing but was not sure about the anime. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm late on answering the question but I think I'd have to give Itachi the edge vs Jiraiya. I love me some Pervy Sage but when I think about the abilities of both the edge goes to Mr Uchiha. Besides the fact he had taken out Orochimaru in an instant where Jiriaya and Tsunade fought him together. (Granted they weren't at max power either) And that Amaterasu burns literally everything it touches...I doubt he would have an answer for the Susano(probably spelled it wrong) at Max Power. Even Gamabunta ain't built for that. As well as the tsykuyomi. Itachi was super tough man. And I also think he was lying to Kisame as someone else referenced as well. He did so much to protect Konoha village man. Double spy, Uchiha massacre. Akatsuki infiltration etc. I love both characters for different reasons honestly. But Itachi wins in my opinion.

Y'all wanna talk about susanoo this and amateratsu that but I have yet to see sexy harem justu fail. Gotta give the win to frogman :lol:

Terror in Resonance is great this week too. People are getting caught up in it as well. :lol:

Finally watched this, so I can comment now :lol:

They're getting sloppy with it, and my man is catching feelings when he promised not to :smh:

****ing up the whole operation :smh:

Anyone else not really like Five from ZnT anymore ...

I thought she was going to be a cold intelligent opponent, but she's out here moving like a scorned ex :smh:

Last edited:
What Show Got You into Anime? 10,000 Japanese Fans Respond.

30. Puella Magi Madoka Magica: 192 votes

29. Digimon Adventure: 201 votes

28. Shakugan no Shana: 202 votes

27. Doraemon: 204 votes

26. Higurashi When They Cry: 207 votes

25. Angel Beats! 210 votes

24. YuYu Hakusho: 227 votes

23. Free! 254 votes

22. Naruto: 275 votes

21. Mobile Suit Gundam: 314 votes

20. Monogatari Series: 321 votes

19. Space Battleship Yamato: 323 votes

18. Case Closed (aka Detective Conan): 338 votes

17. Fullmetal Alchemist: 350 votes

16. Code Geass: 351 votes

15. Dragon Ball: 380 votes

14. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: 383 votes

13. CARDCAPTOR SAKURA: 392 votes

12. Attack on Titan: 399 votes

11. The Prince of Tennis: 411 votes

10. Clannad: 420 votes

9. Kuroko's Basketball: 450 votes

8. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: 465 votes

7. Sailor Moon: 492 votes

6. One Piece: 536 votes

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion: 552 votes

4. Gin Tama: 645 votes

3. K-On! 666 votes

2. Sword Art Online: 678 votes

1. A Certain Magical Index Series: 746 votes

^ The votes for K-ON! are spot on. :lol:

Moving on, This week's episode of [COLOR=#red]Space☆Dandy[/COLOR] is my personal favorite so far. :pimp:
First off, Dandy was right. A world without booze and boobies is not a world I want to live in either. :lol:
I love this episode, mostly because of the topic of life and death. I've always had an interest in that topic, and I feel like this episode did a good job talking about it while keeping a Dandy-esque twist on it. :lol:
I also liked it because they kept the Everett MWI theme going in this episode, where the planet spirit had to revive Dandy in another universe where his ship actually managed to escape the gravitational pull of the nebula instead of crashing, which confuses me since I don't know if this episode's events are canon now or not. :lol:
The ending confused me though. Did Dandy die again, or was he just visiting the spirit?

Also, Dandy in an Akatsuki robe. :pimp:
I wish Dandy was in Akatsuki. :lol:

Last edited:
wow had to rememmber that was in Japan, Was about to be like where the DBZ at.

but i think the first anime i ever laid my eyes on was either the old school transformers or Kenshin

Back
Top Bottom