The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Nah shakycam raw because folks in Japan are sneaking cameras into the theaters.

Like 8 chunks of the movie were on YT but they're down already. One or two clips might still be up if you search for "Naruto vs Toneri" or something like that but no promises.

Fights were okay, but the whole vibe most of the time was DBZish. The movie isn't about the fights anyway, it's basically a shoujo love story

Real talk I have no idea how you guys can simultaneously follow these many animes and mangas. Whenever I pick up a new tv show I have to push one to the side, but to carry as many as some of u do is astonishing. Do you just not really watch other tv?
The only time I watch normal TV now is when I check the news, watch Top Gear on BBC or Star Trek reruns :hat, and watch Supernatural on The CW. Other than that it's anime, manga, and actual literature. :lol

Real talk I have no idea how you guys can simultaneously follow these many animes and mangas. Whenever I pick up a new tv show I have to push one to the side, but to carry as many as some of u do is astonishing. Do you just not really watch other tv?
I'm behind on most things so I can binge watch 1 thing before moving to another. Once I'm caught up though it's easy enough to maintain a schedule. Usually I go through phases of watching anime or regular tv shows. I've switched to reading more manga because it's less of a time commitment. The only problem really comes if I lose my list of shows I'm planning to watch in the future, which happens more than I like, or if I take an extended break from something and forget a title because it was in Japanese. As for remembering information from each series I've never had much of a problem with that. But yeah reading more manga has cut down on my actual anime watching time, unless its a series I really like I can skip the anime or I don't feel a need to watch it week to week and can watch it later and not be spoiled. 

What's a really good anime w/ girls and guns? No bad stuff please.  Want to DL complete set w/ SUBS, no VOICE OVER.

Also, I heard Saint Seiyas gonna make a new movie?

What's a really good anime w/ girls and guns? No bad stuff please.  Want to DL complete set w/ SUBS, no VOICE OVER.

Black Lagoon and Gunslinger Girl come to mind.
I also recommend Jourmungand, even though it also has dudes in it. Valmet though... :evil

I actually am the opposite, I watch reg TV shows all the time and read Manga but I don't have time to really sit and watch Anime since you have to read subs

I'm always multi tasking. so listening is important to me or if im at work and cant watch i can still read manga while I do my work.

i wish i had time to just marathon anime. if they had Dubs I would but i dont really have time to read subs.
plus i always find myself reading ore than looking at the action and i hate that.

Black Lagoon and Gunslinger Girl come to mind.
I also recommend Jourmungand, even though it also has dudes in it. Valmet though...
devil.gif
I had watched Black Lagoon which is why I wanted to see something similar.  I googled Valmet, the girl is albino and blind. LOLZ  Black Lagoon reminds me of Tomb Raider. LOLZ

I also recall watching this Vampire anime where they go by 'Prefect'.  Something about the girl being 1/2 and 1/2?  I forgot the name of it.  Do you know?  And is there a part 2 for it?

Most of all, where can I dl the COMPLETE HIGHER Q shows?  PM me if not avail to post here.  THANKS

I forgot to say that I finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and the accompanying movie last week. The series was cool, definitely got better as it went.

Haruhi was a character that I found consistently annoying though, and Asahina's moan-screaming grew tiring too. Outside of that it was interesting and something a little out of the ordinary within the slice-of-life genre.

The movie was dope as hell though. Dope enough to have me anticipatingThe Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan

Trigun's the first thing that comes to mind. Also Cowboy Bebop and Lupin lll.

Watched the last episode of Akame Ga Kill last night and that **** was wild trash :{

Everything felt so corny and forced.

I also recall watching this Vampire anime where they go by 'Prefect'.  Something about the girl being 1/2 and 1/2?  I forgot the name of it.  Do you know?  And is there a part 2 for it?

I looked up "Vampire prefect anime" and Vampire Knights came up, is that what you were thinking of? That one does have a second season called Vampire Knights Guilty

Last edited:
Watched the last episode of Akame Ga Kill last night and that **** was wild trash
mean.gif

Everything felt so corny and forced.
I looked up "Vampire prefect anime" and Vampire Knights came up, is that what you were thinking of? That one does have a second season called Vampire Knights Guilty
How did you know?  I don't know if the animes for like FF and such to be any good. I think I saw Star Ocean LOL.  Wasn't badish ish.

I like the Gun, Action thing, but anything w/ a good fe-male lead or supporting character would be good too.

Where can i DL the torrents?  Is it a secret?  LOL  I tried googling, but the stuff stalls 2% in. =(

Please fam. why people ignore. haha

Next ep of OP looks fire
sick.gif
young kyros
smokin.gif
The Ussop situation was handled nicely in the anime just cause they let the whole thing play out at once so you don't have made people complaining because of the cliffhanger when Usopp ran. Also Sugar is one of my favorite character in the Doflamingo family, so it's nice she gets more screen time in the anime than the manga.

OP anime is still trash.

Toei on the whole is awful. They ruined Toriko and are ruining One Piece.

Just give the damn series a filler arc or three.

I wonder if ya'll realize the actual episode starts maybe like 7 minutes in
laugh.gif
after the too long intro, then the random *** "Monkey D Luffy wants to be pirate king!" narration, and then the recap of the previous episode
mean.gif
  so you're watching like 14 minutes of One Piece
laugh.gif

Last edited:

OP anime is still trash.

Toei on the whole is awful. They ruined Toriko and are ruining One Piece.

Just give the damn series a filler arc or three.

I wonder if ya'll realize the actual episode starts maybe like 7 minutes in
laugh.gif
after the too long intro, then the random *** "Monkey D Luffy wants to be pirate king!" narration, and then the recap of the previous episode
mean.gif
  so you're watching like 14 minutes of One Piece
laugh.gif
Man everyone knows how bad the OP anime has gotten. Fans don't front like the quality is up to par, I was just saying the handling of those scenes was better than the way the manga handled it cause it wasn't cut in a way that would make people complain. Toei if they don't want to do a filler arc they could easily go back and animate or expand on cover story arcs. They did it one time early on and it wasn't received well so they stopped, but it'd probably be better received now that the series is way more popular than when they last tried. Plus Toei just doesn't care at all. if you look at the director list theres a couple that every time they're up to direct the episode the animation quality is gonna drastically drop. 

I'm praying for a real filler arc, which is sad, but they'll probably do one of those 3 episode joints. Also I'm hoping in February they change the opening sequence since the 15 year anniversary will be over, which is why they have that specific opening. 

Back
Top Bottom