The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Am I the only person who really cannot get into One Piece?

I've given it numerous tries but it just never appeals to me.
nah ive been saying that. i started after the time jump over a year ago and quit after a few months.

i just don't think it's good... it's kind of corny to me to be honest.

and i've said numerous times that i think the art is just plain ugly :lol: but that's personal taste.
I think Oda has art that stands with the other two, especially with backgrounds (love the Spanish influence of the current island) and the variety of male character designs, but as you said, that's personal preference. The only beef I have with Oda's art is that all his attractive women look like Nami in different wigs.
exactly. the art is corny. Luffy is really annoying. I mean more annoying than naruto and ichigo combined. It does have its redeeming qualities, but it drags on so much.
I really like Luffy because he isn't as brooding as the other two, and he actually seems to be having fun on his adventure.

Just saw the new episode of Psycho-Pass....
So Makishima is now dead. killed by Kogami, like it was always mean't to be. And I knew Ginoza was gonna go latent after his father's death.
Also, The ending confused me a little. Were they setting up Kogami to be the new "bad guy"?

Just saw the new episode of Psycho-Pass....
So Makishima is now dead. killed by Kogami, like it was always mean't to be. And I knew Ginoza was gonna go latent after his father's death.
Also, The ending confused me a little. Were they setting up Kogami to be the new "bad guy"?
Psycho-Pass
I want to start off by saying that I thought we were going to end up with Akane's brain inside the Sibyl System once I saw she was meeting with them again. :lol:

The eyes comment Ginoza dropped in that car ride hit me right in the feels man. :frown: :frown:

I feel like it's definitely Kogami as the new "antagonist." Can't really say bad guy in this show because of the conflicting moral lines involved. Was Makishima overthrowing the Sibyl System really a bad thing?

The last moments with Makishima stuck with me. 'Everyone is alone in their world and anyone can be replaced'. He also asks if Kogami thinks he'll be able to find someone to replace him. He responds that he hopes not, but what if the damage has already been done and Kogami goes down that path since he is so far gone now. He won't necessarily do the same things as Makishima, but he'll be that presence that he was.

I don't think we'll really figure out what that last moment means though until someone really analyzes how that book he was reading "Swann's Way" relates to all of this.

People are saying that this ending means a season 2 is coming. I actually hope it won't.

The whole ending part with everything coming full circle was :pimp: :pimp:

If anyone didn't notice it, the new inspector is the girl who's best friend got killed by the psycho art girl.

Last edited:
Robotics;Notes just came out as well.
Their final robot is pretty underwhelming looking compared to the real gunravel which I thought is what they'd achieve at the end of the series. :lol: I guess it makes sense that the blocky robot is what they could get to with their resources and experience though.

Not the finale I thought the last episode had hyped it up to be. Still a nice ending for a good show, but a bit... rushed?

There was no consequences for Kai using the device 3 times without any really lasting effects. That was pretty weird.

I feel like they could have wrapped everything up nicely and in a timely manner if they had gone 24 episodes rather than 22.

Goodbye Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes :frown:

Last edited:
Psycho-Pass
I want to start off by saying that I thought we were going to end up with Akane's brain inside the Sibyl System once I saw she was meeting with them again. :lol:

The eyes comment Ginoza dropped in that car ride hit me right in the feels man. :frown: :frown:

I feel like it's definitely Kogami as the new "antagonist." Can't really say bad guy in this show because of the conflicting moral lines involved. Was Makishima overthrowing the Sibyl System really a bad thing?

The last moments with Makishima stuck with me. 'Everyone is alone in their world and anyone can be replaced'. He also asks if Kogami thinks he'll be able to find someone to replace him. He responds that he hopes not, but what if the damage has already been done and Kogami goes down that path since he is so far gone now. He won't necessarily do the same things as Makishima, but he'll be that presence that he was.

I don't think we'll really figure out what that last moment means though until someone really analyzes how that book he was reading "Swann's Way" relates to all of this.

People are saying that this ending means a season 2 is coming. I actually hope it won't.

The whole ending part with everything coming full circle was :pimp: :pimp:

If anyone didn't notice it, the new inspector is the girl who's best friend got killed by the psycho art girl.
After seeing the episode over and thinking a bit, i don't think that Kogami is going to become the antagonist in the classic sense. The Sibyl System will always see him as the "bad guy" and still keep the execution order on him, while the rest of the team still see him as one of them.

One of my favorite parts of the episode is when Akane tells the system that they will be replaced one day, and all the minds collectively laugh at her proclamation, effectively sealing their future fate through their arrogance IMO. :pimp:

Also, I didn't notice that the rookie was the girl from the art murders. It seems that her and Akane share something in common. Full circle indeed. :pimp:

i want to see if I can get that book to check it out now. I'm interested in what It has to do with the whole series.

Robotics;Notes just came out as well.
Their final robot is pretty underwhelming looking compared to the real gunravel which I thought is what they'd achieve at the end of the series. :lol: I guess it makes sense that the blocky robot is what they could get to with their resources and experience though.

Not the finale I thought the last episode had hyped it up to be. Still a nice ending for a good show, but a bit... rushed?

There was no consequences for Kai using the device 3 times without any really lasting effects. That was pretty weird.

I feel like they could have wrapped everything up nicely and in a timely manner if they had gone 24 episodes rather than 22.

Goodbye Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes :frown:

R;N did feel rushed to me. I think they omitted a Stein's;Gate reference (Daru the super hacker was supposed to make a cameo, unless I missed it).

The blocky robot was a good way to end the series. it was a project that her sister started, and they used it to save her in the end. It appears that this series also came full circle. :lol:

i will miss both of these series dearly. :frown:
Although I hope that Psycho-Pass gets some kind of a sequel, like a movie or something. A second season wouldn't be too bad. We'll just have to wait and see.

who were those astronauts in the very end of R;N?
or better yet... what was that whole rocket scene about?

nvm... read the comments... can't believe that was Kai :wow:

Last edited:
Am I the only person who really cannot get into One Piece?

I've given it numerous tries but it just never appeals to me.
nah ive been saying that. i started after the time jump over a year ago and quit after a few months.

i just don't think it's good... it's kind of corny to me to be honest.

and i've said numerous times that i think the art is just plain ugly :lol: but that's personal taste.
I think Oda has art that stands with the other two, especially with backgrounds (love the Spanish influence of the current island) and the variety of male character designs, but as you said, that's personal preference. The only beef I have with Oda's art is that all his attractive women look like Nami in different wigs.
exactly. the art is corny. Luffy is really annoying. I mean more annoying than naruto and ichigo combined. It does have its redeeming qualities, but it drags on so much.
I really like Luffy because he isn't as brooding as the other two, and he actually seems to be having fun on his adventure.

whaaaat. Imo its the exact opposite.
something decent happens every chapter.

fights are epic. characters are vast. story is more fun imo.

Compared to the other two, the art work lacks. In the anime, it was visually poor at first...so poor :lol: but it's the most consistent out of the 3. Anime hardly has any fillers. The world Oda has created isn't as limited as the other two. A lot more possibilities. So I don't think it drags on. There's just a lot to it. The characters aren't confined to one area or only a few areas. I find Luffy to be more genuine but I can understand how he can be annoying at time. I hope he gets Boa preggo tho. Each series has some sort of corny/cheesy factor to it. The times he's lost battles were more interesting to me....but to each own

who were those astronauts in the very end of R;N?
or better yet... what was that whole rocket scene about?
That's what Kai decided to get into as a career. Not sure if Aki joined him in that or is the one piloting the Gunravvel you see watching the rocket blast off.

The whole scene was pretty much a 'few years later' thing.

I have a lot of animes i want to have continued but i promise you this, if Kimi Ni Todoke doesn't get a 3rd season i'm gonna freaking lose it. :smh:

Last edited:
I don't mind if there's another season of Kimi ni Todoke, It's probably going to have more seasons because there's more content from the manga. I like the approach of taking breaks so the manga can be ahead by a decent amount rather than the anime having it's own spin and end up messing up the ending. They have a Live action version of it, so I'm sure it's popular enough to have another season. There should be more focus on remaking anime series that were great, but had a botched ending because the manga didn't end yet, but they're now finished so they can have a proper ending.

Fairy Tail
I bet Lucy shuts the door in a way that's not on purpose. Like she gets knocked into it.

I don't mind if there's another season of Kimi ni Todoke, It's probably going to have more seasons because there's more content from the manga. I like the approach of taking breaks so the manga can be ahead by a decent amount rather than the anime having it's own spin and end up messing up the ending. They have a Live action version of it, so I'm sure it's popular enough to have another season. There should be more focus on remaking anime series that were great, but had a botched ending because the manga didn't end yet, but they're now finished so they can have a proper ending.

Agreed i don't mind the breaks at all as long as the show does come back at some point and gives us enough material to get a good amount of eps. I enjoyed the movie a lot more then i though i would, pretty good watch.

Last edited:
Anyone familiar with that Railgun series, do I have to watch the Index series to enjoy it or can I just stick with the Railgun series itself?

Anyone familiar with that Railgun series, do I have to watch the Index series to enjoy it or can I just stick with the Railgun series itself?
i would say watch index because the characters from railgun are introduced in that series, albeit with minor roles most of the time. Also, it's a good series. Technically Railgun is a spinoff so you don't really need to watch index, but you might be confused about things that they talk about in reference to any events in Index.

did any of the reanimated ninjas use kuchiyose no jutsu. if so how would they have contracts dead

also has anyone else notice the 2nd tshuchikage said the 2nd hokage must of been up to that...and oonooki must of been pretty young back in the day with the 2nd.
but does this mean that 2nds reanimation jutsu would have already been powerful enough to reanimate kages also

Last edited:
Damn Gundam Unicorn is pissing me off. It is like a chick leaving you with blue balls. Gets you all worked up and then makes you wait until next time. But in this case next time is like a year away.

damn Psycho-Pass... no one got a happy ending :frown: and sometime that's a good thing
really good anime right there.
i'm glad Kagari was still alive, wonder why they said he was dead... they searched for 2 months and when they called it quits they're all like " we can't find him, oh well let's just say he's dead" :lol:

damn Psycho-Pass... no one got a happy ending :frown: and sometime that's a good thing
really good anime right there.
i'm glad Kagari was still alive, wonder why they said he was dead... they searched for 2 months and when they called it quits they're all like " we can't find him, oh well let's just say he's dead" :lol:
Wait, when did they say Kagari was still alive? I thought they really couldn't find his body because Sibyl was covering up killing him by saying he ran.

i'm horrible with names... kagari is the ex cop right?
they showed him in a boat reading a book... right? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom