The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

new fairytail out. 
mean.gif

The guild is supposed to be over and done with again but some how Lucy gonna save the day? I dont even 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
Yeah, man that chapter was awful in every way. And you expect us to believe Lucy, who has never really done anything is supposed to save everyone when mira and erza and everyone else was having trouble? Hiro Mashima figures out a way to mess up arcs almost every time.

Yeah, man that chapter was awful in every way. And you expect us to believe Lucy, who has never really done anything is supposed to save everyone when mira and erza and everyone else was having trouble? Hiro Mashima figures out a way to mess up arcs almost every time.

yes this man has been straight consistent on turning the arcs in to pure crap. after so much potential and epic fighting.
2 things need to happen in FT
1. someone needs to die.
2. fairy tail needs to just flat out lose instead of getting a power of friendship and love power up EVERY TIME.
or atleast introduce Gildartz to come save the day or another ex fairy tail or something.

and why does Natsu break barriers every single damn time. like come on yo . you got him on Goku status every fight.

yes this man has been straight consistent on turning the arcs in to pure crap. after so much potential and epic fighting.
2 things need to happen in FT
1. someone needs to die.
2. fairy tail needs to just flat out lose instead of getting a power of friendship and love power up EVERY TIME.
or atleast introduce Gildartz to come save the day or another ex fairy tail or something.

and why does Natsu break barriers every single damn time. like come on yo . you got him on Goku status every fight.
1. He's never gone kill anyone off except maybe the master when he develops someone to take over. He couldn't even kill of Happy when he had the chance. 

2. Exactly, its the same thing every time or Natsu eats something he shouldn't be able to eat. Gildartz is never around for anything, I don't really understand the point of his character except as a peg for how strong people can get.

The worst thing about Natsu is they have clear established ranks in the guild and he's not even in the top rankings with erza, mira, laxus, and gildarts, but he's still winning fights he shouldn't be winning at all. Why even establish a powerscale if you're not gonna abide by it or stick close to it? 

1. He's never gone kill anyone off except maybe the master when he develops someone to take over. He couldn't even kill of Happy when he had the chance. 

2. Exactly, its the same thing every time or Natsu eats something he shouldn't be able to eat. Gildartz is never around for anything, I don't really understand the point of his character except as a peg for how strong people can get.

The worst thing about Natsu is they have clear established ranks in the guild and he's not even in the top rankings with erza, mira, laxus, and gildarts, but he's still winning fights he shouldn't be winning at all. Why even establish a powerscale if you're not gonna abide by it or stick close to it? 

I think that's what makes me the most upset about this series.
the S rank mages you talked about (who none of them we really seen lose (except this arc with mira about to lose it) and I do personally like this rivalry between Erza and Minvera)
but Natsu is beating guild leaders. Guild S class people but still considered A class. Grey is damn near considered same level he gets minimal love.
and then lucy comes in and is like the savior of every damn arc some how some way. like come on son. get your story together.

Started reading Terra Formars last night because of this thread. Pretty good so far. Those roaches are too OP :x

Last edited:
the S rank mages you talked about (who none of them we really seen lose (except this arc with mira about to lose it) and I do personally like this rivalry between Erza and Minvera)
but Natsu is beating guild leaders. Guild S class people but still considered A class. Grey is damn near considered same level he gets minimal love.
and then lucy comes in and is like the savior of every damn arc some how some way. like come on son. get your story together.
Weren't Gajeel and Juvia both S class in their old guild? Then they had Gajeel go undercover with raven tail or whatever and that had 0 payoff. I think he planned to do an arc on that then was like eff it i'll just have the ENTIRE guild be beat easily by Laxus. 

And now that time travel has been introduced the whole story is messed up. Got future Grey walking around the same building as Present Grey, but that's never brought up by Natsu. 

Lucy spends half the story just in the way, but the she's supposed to be a main figure in the guild? I don't understand the need to reach to make her important in every arc, like he doesn't have plenty of other characters. 

Also what do the other guilds do when all this stuff goes on? He makes limited use of the world he's built. He made a story with plenty of potential and he just wastes it every week. It makes no sense. 

Weren't Gajeel and Juvia both S class in their old guild? Then they had Gajeel go undercover with raven tail or whatever and that had 0 payoff. I think he planned to do an arc on that then was like eff it i'll just have the ENTIRE guild be beat easily by Laxus. 

And now that time travel has been introduced the whole story is messed up. Got future Grey walking around the same building as Present Grey, but that's never brought up by Natsu. 

Lucy spends half the story just in the way, but the she's supposed to be a main figure in the guild? I don't understand the need to reach to make her important in every arc, like he doesn't have plenty of other characters. 

Also what do the other guilds do when all this stuff goes on? He makes limited use of the world he's built. He made a story with plenty of potential and he just wastes it every week. It makes no sense. 
I think all that you talked about is why him and the one piece author beefed for awhile.

but you're completely right, Juvia and Gajeel were S class.
its easy to say Fairy tail is a bunch of Natsu and Plot no jutsu .

I think all that you talked about is why him and the one piece author beefed for awhile.

but you're completely right, Juvia and Gajeel were S class.
its easy to say Fairy tail is a bunch of Natsu and Plot no jutsu .
Idk i heard the rumor they beefed, and probably mentioned it, but I never looked into why or anything. I couldn't tell you what the reason for the conflict was. At this point I feel I've come to far to drop it, plus at the end of arcs I'm always like "ok im done" then the next one starts and I'm like "hmmm this has potential to be good, I'll stay a little longer". 

I think the last thing i stopped reading midway was Feng Shin Ji, but that was more just me losing interest at the point they were at in the story than having a problems with the plot and development. Plus I didn't care for the main character too much. Oh I stopped reading Gintama after a couple chapters, but that's just because I didn't feel like going through 400+ chapter at that time.

Going to stay away from fairy tail manga, as well as any other manga for an ongoing series. Just strict ing watching anime. Unless it's one piece, then I have to both :smh:

Last edited:
Its been awhile since I posted anything on NT, figure I needed to start posting again with all the media Ive been reading/watching catching up with
How is everybody been in this thread?

Anyways, Any one read the new chapter of Claymore??
The new chapter has so many feels with Teresa coming back. I still remember when she died and it was one of those feels you got like when Ned Stark got dealt with on Game of Thrones. :wow:

For those thinking about reading Terra Formars, series is very ******* dope. art work and violence are turned up to 11. Heres a link from Kotaku about it:
http://kotaku.com/cockroaches-from-mars-are-out-to-kill-you-1557436080

Totally agree. I usually can get over the terrible writing once the fighting begins though. I thought Zero was Grey dad though... ?

Totally agree. I usually can get over the terrible writing once the fighting begins though. I thought Zero was Grey dad though... ?
It could be, but Grey's parents are supposed to be dead, and Natsu said he had the exact same smell as Grey. Zero also recognized Natsu. Then Zero or Silver was the one who froze Atlas, and when Gray unfroze him he said the magic was the same as his but a higher level or something and Gray learned ice magic from that lady who also taught Leon, not his dad. So I just assumed it was future Grey. 

It could be, but Grey's parents are supposed to be dead, and Natsu said he had the exact same smell as Grey. Zero also recognized Natsu. Then Zero or Silver was the one who froze Atlas, and when Gray unfroze him he said the magic was the same as his but a higher level or something and Gray learned ice magic from that lady who also taught Leon, not his dad. So I just assumed it was future Grey. 
Makes sense. Would make sense of him getting all bent out of shape because Natsu said "grey". Possible name change in future because of some regrets?

Makes sense. Would make sense of him getting all bent out of shape because Natsu said "grey". Possible name change in future because of some regrets?
Possibly. I never can really guess what's going on in FT, because the only way I see future Grey being there is if he came out with the Eclipse thing, when the dragons attacked, but idk if that makes sense. But that future was supposed to be a dystopia due to the dragon attack and only like Levi and Lucy survived I thought. All I know is when the arc started I thought it was gonna be good, but now I don't think it will be. 

At this point I just want to know what Lumen Histore is, and why Zeref says only Natsu can beat him. 

Possibly. I never can really guess what's going on in FT, because the only way I see future Grey being there is if he came out with the Eclipse thing, when the dragons attacked, but idk if that makes sense. But that future was supposed to be a dystopia due to the dragon attack and only like Levi and Lucy survived I thought. All I know is when the arc started I thought it was gonna be good, but now I don't think it will be. 

At this point I just want to know what Lumen Histore is, and why Zeref says only Natsu can beat him. 
They never did touch on why Natsu scarf turned black after that first exchange with Zeref. And Zeref doesn't even seem like a villain tbh. Also, its too damn deep in the manga for them to still be dropping breadcrumbs about the dragons when all these new dragon slayers be popping up. God Slayers haven't really been explained either. If I try to make sense of it I want to stop reading it. 
mean.gif

They never did touch on why Natsu scarf turned black after that first exchange with Zeref. And Zeref doesn't even seem like a villain tbh. Also, its too damn deep in the manga for them to still be dropping breadcrumbs about the dragons when all these new dragon slayers be popping up. God Slayers haven't really been explained either. If I try to make sense of it I want to stop reading it. 
mean.gif
They never explained the significance of Edolas either, other than it was a connected, but alternate reality or something. I feel like I should stop looking for answers after the whole Raven tail thing got glossed over and they tried to make that seem like it would be a major plot point. The worst part is they found that dragon graveyard and got barely any answers that mattered. 

At least the fights are good usually. The anime has the advantage but being able to use nice animation to distract from the plot flaws, but in the manga it all stands out. 

indifferent.gif

See ya'll next week.

About to start reading Fairy tail though...
It's a very good series.  It is currently my favorite anime/manga out right now.  Also check out the author previous work "Rave master" Also a masterpiece

indifferent.gif

See ya'll next week.

I'd watch Fairy Tail instead of reading it, all it's problems are way more glaring when you read it. But if you're gonna start a long ongoing shounen series might as well go with One Piece over Fairy Tail.

:stoneface:

See ya'll next week.

It's a very good series.  It is currently my favorite anime/manga out right now.  Also check out the author previous work "Rave master" Also a masterpiece

Will look into that one as well. Thanks :smokin

:stoneface:

See ya'll next week.

I'd watch Fairy Tail instead of reading it, all it's problems are way more glaring when you read it. But if you're gonna start a long ongoing shounen series might as well go with One Piece over Fairy Tail.

Hmmm... Damnit, but I'm going to feel so behind every week if I read it now.

**** it. Ima do it anyways :lol:

you'll catch up quick. I think i started one piece when it was in the 300-400s and i read them all in about a month in a half

Back
Top Bottom