The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Why does the writer insist on furthering the already beat to death horse story that is naruto? Like bruh, naruto is already solidified as one of the goats. Use your skills and expertise to make something new and refreshing. Nobody wanna watch a show about naruto and sasuke kids :smh: dude is trippin for real

Don't know about Naruto being "one of the goats", but I agree with pretty much everything else, minus the writer, since it's not Kishimoto. It really is just similar to Dragon Ball GT, where Toriyama just stepped aside and let new people do whatever they wanted. But Boruto is really just a symptom of the larger issue where people don't like to let a series/franchise rest and continue adding onto it after you've already reached, arguably in some cases, the pinnacle of what can be achieved with it. Terminator, Dragon Ball, Naruto, hell, even Harry Potter just got an 8th book :lol:

Why does the writer insist on furthering the already beat to death horse story that is naruto? Like bruh, naruto is already solidified as one of the goats. Use your skills and expertise to make something new and refreshing. Nobody wanna watch a show about naruto and sasuke kids :smh: dude is trippin for real

Don't know about Naruto being "one of the goats", but I agree with pretty much everything else, minus the writer, since it's not Kishimoto. It really is just similar to Dragon Ball GT, where Toriyama just stepped aside and let new people do whatever they wanted. But Boruto is really just a symptom of the larger issue where people don't like to let a series/franchise rest and continue adding onto it after you've already reached, arguably in some cases, the pinnacle of what can be achieved with it. Terminator, Dragon Ball, Naruto, hell, even Harry Potter just got an 8th book :lol:
No, Naruto has definitely solidified itself as one of the Goats. Its influence and reach is ridiculous. You could even say it was the DBZ for that mid 200's generation

How is Naruto not one of the GOATs? 
laugh.gif

Does any mess with crunchy roll??

Are the ads ridiculous? I'm tryna watch the new AOT when I get home.

The app has been malfunctioning on my PS3. Also trying to watch aot and berserk and the app keeps getting an error. When the app does work the ads aren't too bad, gives me time to check my phone.

Been watching Boruto and I think it's a solid spin-off so far, but it kinda annoys me that the kids have the exact same personality as their parents. They're pretty much the same characters.

I think they should've changed it up just a tiny bit, while still passing down the signature abilities.
The Boruto movie did a better job at that, if you've watched the movie..........you noticed that "the kids" had a slightly different aspect in their personalities in comparison to their parents.  Boruto in particular had the biggest personality difference from Naruto overall.

Whereas in this anime, Boruto still has "some" of the personality differences from the movie........BUT he has been nerfed down to be more "heroic" like his old man from back in the original series.

Last edited:

How is Naruto not one of the GOATs? 
laugh.gif
I can see how it isn't, but I guess it depends on the criteria for GOAT. I absolutely loved Naruto. I've read every chapter, but how the ninja war was handled and how it ended was mad disappointing. 

Disappointing enough for it not to be GOAT by my standards. 
eyes.gif

I think for us non Japanese GOaT in this instance would just be popularity. Sles. Tv ratings which in that case in America it certainly is at dbz levels

I can see how it isn't, but I guess it depends on the criteria for GOAT. I absolutely loved Naruto. I've read every chapter, but how the ninja war was handled and how it ended was mad disappointing. 
Disappointing enough for it not to be GOAT by my standards. :rolleyes  

Naruto was near perfect.

Shippuuden things started sliding real quick.

Shipuddens problem was going away from the genin 12. Adding more characters but not giving us good back stories. Or even good side fights. They gave us more original Jonin fights. Like Asuma RIP GAi. Plenty of kakashi.
We wanted to see our other 9 period.
Sai was practically useless they could've tied his anbu story and the Danzio story in much better.

We've talked about these things in length before. We love the countries they introduced to us. And giving us the new kages and past kages. Just he put too much on the plate and ignored it still.

Unlike the true goat One Piece that gives us a heaping plate of good food and makes sure we enjoy every bite.

Been slacking on AOT. Idk but I feel better watching every episode of a season at once as apposed to waiting weekly.

New chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin is out

So how much time has passed now in the manga since we last saw Eren and the crew?
And it's interesting to see that titans will soon become obsolete in the greater world.
But it's more interesting to see that the Ackermans are the result of human/titan experimentation. No wonder Levi and Mikasa are so OP. :lol:

New chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin is out
So how much time has passed now in the manga since we last saw Eren and the crew?
And it's interesting to see that titans will soon become obsolete in the greater world.
But it's more interesting to see that the Ackermans are the result of human/titan experimentation. No wonder Levi and Mikasa are so OP.
laugh.gif
WHOOOO BOY THIS **** LIT

To answer your questions:
It's been four years since Reiner and Bertholt's second attack on Wall Rose (battle of Trost, etc). So three years after the chapter where we last saw Eren and crew (when they saw the ocean for the first time), which was a year after Trost.
This was stated in the last chapter, but it was confirmed this month when it's stated that the initial attack by the Colossus and Armored Titans  (when Eren lost his mom) was "9 years ago".  Eren should be around 19 years old at this point

Cool things:

Mickasa and Levi are confirmed superhuman warriors

Marcel who was eaten by Ymir is the brother of Galliard

That weird titan who walks around on all fours and carries **** is a woman lol

Zeke and Reiner will soon die

Zeke alone can control Eldians injected with his spinal fluid because of his royal bloodline

Eren and Armin have become incredibly powerful 
pimp.gif
 and it is even possible that Eldia has taken control of Annie's Female Titan. Eren may even have complete control of the "Coordinate" by this point.

Zeke may not be just a complete genocidal psycho and may have his reasons for wanting what he wants.

YMIR MAY BE DEAD. I think the implication is that Galliard ate her.

Being a Titan warrior for Marley is really NOT a good look; it's a product of coercion and forced patriotism. Also speaking out against it will have your rights taken away and your whole family killed. 

There are dimensions to the Marleyan political system that make this manga that much more GOAT status. There could have been an entire manga written from the perspective of these Titan shifter warriors. 

IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL

Last edited:
You guys got me dumb confused lol. Maybe I should've read the manga
At this point, the manga is so far ahead of the anime that to most people, the spoilers won't really make sense. I would still advise not to read them though. :lol:

7 Deadly Sins

The sins are reunited at last. Da Gawd Escanor :pimp:
And it took 216 chapters for King to finally grow a pair... of wings that is. :lol:

I'm currently watching Yu Yu Hakusho again. I haven't watched in a minute. One of the greatest animes. I'm at the episode where Genkai and Toguro have their encounter.

I'm currently watching Yu Yu Hakusho again. I haven't watched in a minute. One of the greatest animes. I'm at the episode where Genkai and Toguro have their encounter.
dark tournament arc>>>

I'm still watching this final arc with like 5 episodes to go, and this tournament is not on par with the one that came before.

I am in the middle of hunter x hunter 2011 sub, I love it so far! anyone wanna talk about it? Lmao

Samurai Jack

Why is Ashi such a beast? :lol:
And Jack is back baby. :pimp:

Big Mom has to be the worst villain in OP. So incompetent and unaware of ****.

Somebody made a Photoshop compilation of all the times Oda draws Big Mom looking dumb as **** and confused about what's going on

Big Mom has to be the worst villain in OP. So incompetent and unaware of ****.

Somebody made a Photoshop compilation of all the times Oda draws Big Mom looking dumb as **** and confused about what's going on
I guess you dont have to be too smart when no one is stupid enough to **** with you.

What I wanna know is who keeps getting her big ugly *** pregnant? ***** got more kids than a kindergarten.

Back
Top Bottom