The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I’m on the Ant arc of HxH and it’s already boring and I’m only on episode 3. Does it get better because **** is boring? :lol:

Yea I was out on assassination classroom soon as i found something else to watch

right now I’m on gleipnir and deadman wonderland.. just started one piece, so I just throw that on when I want something on in the background now that I can get the dubbed version
I love Deadman Wonderland's OP. :pimp:

I’m on the Ant arc of HxH and it’s already boring and I’m only on episode 3. Does it get better because **** is boring? :lol:

it gets alot better but yeah its slow at times.

i liked assasination classroom.
it has a twist i didnt expect and a really great ending.
but i can see how it could be offputting

Reactions: Ube

For sure. Yo how big is the phantom troupe in this anime because they seem bad *** and a waste if that’s it for them.

They're in there for just a couple episodes and one of them has a crazy fight.
But they're not in it much.

• Sad
Reactions: Ube

Main reason I stick with it. Ppl told me the ending was really good.

It's been a bit of a struggle getting through most of these one and done learn a life lesson episodes though.

They're in there for just a couple episodes and one of them has a crazy fight.
But they're not in it much.
I forget the anime has not caught up to the manga.

PT get more involved later on after the whole Kurapika revenge arc.

dgar08 dgar08 your list :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp: - by my estimation, the only absolute must-see on the longer form side that you're missing is Hunter x Hunter

Also, co-sign on Great Pretender for whoever mentioned it. Great short form anime that can be binged in a day.

Oh yeah, I tried all of those Fate series. Like the first episode for each. Was not in the right headspace for any of them :lol:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I tried all of those Fate series. Like the fiest episode for each. Was not in the right headspace for any of them :lol:
Honestly feel like once you've watched one, you've kinda watched them all. There will be different twists and stuff, but they just feel like re-skins. Animation budget is pretty lit for a lot of them though, so if you like fights then they can be fun.

Honestly feel like once you've watched one, you've kinda watched them all. There will be different twists and stuff, but they just feel like re-skins. Animation budget is pretty lit for a lot of them though, so if you like fights then they can be fun.
I remember 3 distinctly. One a girl summoned a dude(a demon I assume) by accident or something and that dynamic went on for a while, another got right to business with a war, and the third one had an insane amount of dialogue throughout to the point I fell asleep. Think that last one was like a hour long too :lol:

That does remind me I gave Kabaneri a shot for a grip of episodes a while back and the fights for that were lit. Lil girl was putting in work.

dgar08 dgar08 your list :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp: - by my estimation, the only absolute must-see on the longer form side that you're missing is Hunter x Hunter

Also, co-sign on Great Pretender for whoever mentioned it. Great short form anime that can be binged in a day.
Appreciate it fam! Only know like 2 other people info anime but I’m glad I found y’all. Hunter x Hunter is on my radar but I’ll probably only watch it if ever finishes. Anyone read Kaiju no. 8?

Wow you annihilated that.

Thoughts?

I thought it was great. Definitely gonna be a short series cause they don't add any fluff. Also felt like when I finished I was like I could have waited to catch up. Like it's a perfect catch up spot as it goes into a new arc, but I could have kept waiting to let the chapters build and not had to wait. When I finished my first thought was I have no idea where the series goes from here, but thinking about it I do maybe have some idea.

I thought it was obvious enough Makima wasn't to be trusted from the get go. So, they'll have to take out Makima, that seems obvious enough. We saw from the Angel Demon that it's possible to eventually break free of Makima's control. It also seemed like her control over him wasn't quite perfect yet either. We also know the old man demon hunter who trained Denji and Power wants to kill Makima. It seems like that high school civilian Demon Hunter that briefly fought the Hunter from China is also onboard. They'll probably get Kenboni onboard.

We also know Demons in hell get killed and go to the human world, it seems a lot of them were killed by the chainsaw demon in hell, so obviously Denji can get much stronger. He's probably pretty high up in the pecking order for some reason - maybe horror movies. I assume that's why Makima targeted him, probably some fear of him. So I think those factors come together in some way. The problem is Denji himself. Like I said there's no fluff in this series so it'll be interesting to see how Fujimoto handles having to show Denji's emotional growth to break free from the manipulation and live with himself going forward and how does he deal with abandonment or attachment issues or lack of self worth issues. I'm sure Pochita will be making an appearance in his mind.

What I'm curious about it Makima said she wanted to break Denji's contract with the pochita. What's the recourse for Denji if that happens? What's the outcome? And mainly what's the end goal of this series? I think that might be the most interesting thing about this series, the lack of clarity of the end goal. Especially when arc and situations get settled so quickly.

I keep forgetting to watch that.

I haven't seen anything as horrible as what the villain in the made in abyss movie did :sick:

I got that in line, but was debating on it.. how is it?
It's good.

Just be prepared to be in store for a real bleak premise for a bunch of nice orphans and it gets darker before anything good happens to them.

The bulk of s1 just involves a lot of strategy and manipulation for them to succeed at their goal.

I thought it was great. Definitely gonna be a short series cause they don't add any fluff. Also felt like when I finished I was like I could have waited to catch up. Like it's a perfect catch up spot as it goes into a new arc, but I could have kept waiting to let the chapters build and not had to wait. When I finished my first thought was I have no idea where the series goes from here, but thinking about it I do maybe have some idea.

I thought it was obvious enough Makima wasn't to be trusted from the get go. So, they'll have to take out Makima, that seems obvious enough. We saw from the Angel Demon that it's possible to eventually break free of Makima's control. It also seemed like her control over him wasn't quite perfect yet either. We also know the old man demon hunter who trained Denji and Power wants to kill Makima. It seems like that high school civilian Demon Hunter that briefly fought the Hunter from China is also onboard. They'll probably get Kenboni onboard.

We also know Demons in hell get killed and go to the human world, it seems a lot of them were killed by the chainsaw demon in hell, so obviously Denji can get much stronger. He's probably pretty high up in the pecking order for some reason - maybe horror movies. I assume that's why Makima targeted him, probably some fear of him. So I think those factors come together in some way. The problem is Denji himself. Like I said there's no fluff in this series so it'll be interesting to see how Fujimoto handles having to show Denji's emotional growth to break free from the manipulation and live with himself going forward and how does he deal with abandonment or attachment issues or lack of self worth issues. I'm sure Pochita will be making an appearance in his mind.

What I'm curious about it Makima said she wanted to break Denji's contract with the pochita. What's the recourse for Denji if that happens? What's the outcome? And mainly what's the end goal of this series? I think that might be the most interesting thing about this series, the lack of clarity of the end goal. Especially when arc and situations get settled so quickly.

A lot to reply to here, I love it.

Yep, Makima has always been shady, but I think it was always thought that she was the necessary evil to kill the Gun Devil. Obviously that's not the case. One interesting thing here is that it's clear that Makima's powers do NOT work on Denji. It's likely the reason why she has had to go to such lengths to try and control and ultimately break him. His compliance throughout the series has been internally motivated, and not result of her mind control - including now. That said, given his current state, I doubt he has the will to oppose her at all. I'd also imagine that he'll be working with an entirely new team once he starts devil hunting again - it'll take some really crafty planning for another party to either manipulate him against her, or somehow heal his broken mind at this point.

Yeah, it's very clear that Denji has room for further growth. I actually have a theory about his power: if Devils' fear can also enhance Devils in the same way that Humans' fear does, then if the Chainsaw Devil were some kind of executioner or other badass in Hell then it makes sense why he would still be powerful in our world even though people don't really know who he is. I kinda doubt the horror movie theory only because organizations the world over aren't dedicating significant resources to secure the Axe, Knife or Machete devils haha. I'm also really curious how Fuji will write Denji's recovery though. I do believe a third party is going to get involved though - Fuji loves to bring in random new characters, and I think there's an opening to do that here. See below.

But first, to answer the contract question - typically whoever breaks the contract will die. That said, the contract they have is super loose, so I think it can be maintained through pretty much any circumstance - something Makima may not have accounted for, which is why she added the addtl threat of saying she'll continue to try to break him. I think there's no clear "goal" in this series, only a set of circumstances that will likely continue to shift, but whose conclusion we'll want to see through. Right now, the goal is to stop Makima, but I can see that easily changing depending on how she's stopped, or if we learn something new about her goal that shifts our perspective. It's very loose at this point...which I think can be a fun opportunity in Fuji's hands - we'll see though. I'm good as long as we don't get a Fire Punch ending...way too existential for me.

My theory on the next arcs is that a third party will appear in some shape or form to secure Denji. I think there's a big door that's been left open to perhaps setup this possibility: how tf did Beam know Denji? All we know is that Beam "worked" with Chainsaw in the past; Beam called him "Master Chainsaw" and had clearly seen him in combat before. If he and Beam were comrades, where was Beam when Pochita was shot? Also - why did they never even attempt to talk about the past? My guess is that Beam was captured by Makima and seen as useful for his skills and also his knowledge on the Chainsaw Devil. Makima paired him with Denji to help him achieve his potential with the Chainsaw ability, but likely kept Beam from bringing up anything problematic about their actual past together. It sort of begs the question then: if Beam calls Denji "Master Chainsaw", does that imply a master/pupil relationship between the two, or does it almost make more sense that "Master" Chainsaw was used as a title or rank within an organization (think: Master Yoda). Also given what we know about how the Gun Devil was subdued and held in large part by a few nations, with the remainder spread out among random devils or unknown holders, if Pochita WAS actually involved in taking down the Gun Devil (implied by the bullet holes in Chapter 1) then it's likely he was either working directly with a national govt organization, a clandestine organization with ties to national govts, or a complete third party (and perhaps this third party has something to do with the fragments being spread among devils everywhere?). Either way, I think a new party enters the scene at this point and stands on footing that can at least threaten Makima, and they move to secure Chainsaw for their own purposes - likely by manipulating Denji to see how bad Makima is, only to then try to manipulate him for their own aims.

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk :lol:

Last edited:
Promised neverland is baller I really liked it. It’s on Netflix subbed and dubbed for those that haven’t seen it

A lot to reply to here, I love it.

Yep, Makima has always been shady, but I think it was always thought that she was the necessary evil to kill the Gun Devil. Obviously that's not the case. One interesting thing here is that it's clear that Makima's powers do NOT work on Denji. It's likely the reason why she has had to go to such lengths to try and control and ultimately break him. His compliance throughout the series has been internally motivated, and not result of her mind control - including now. That said, given his current state, I doubt he has the will to oppose her at all. I'd also imagine that he'll be working with an entirely new team once he starts devil hunting again - it'll take some really crafty planning for another party to either manipulate him against her, or somehow heal his broken mind at this point.

Yeah, it's very clear that Denji has room for further growth. I actually have a theory about his power: if Devils' fear can also enhance Devils in the same way that Humans' fear does, then if the Chainsaw Devil were some kind of executioner or other badass in Hell then it makes sense why he would still be powerful in our world even though people don't really know who he is. I kinda doubt the horror movie theory only because organizations the world over aren't dedicating significant resources to secure the Axe, Knife or Machete devils haha. I'm also really curious how Fuji will write Denji's recovery though. I do believe a third party is going to get involved though - Fuji loves to bring in random new characters, and I think there's an opening to do that here. See below.

But first, to answer the contract question - typically whoever breaks the contract will die. That said, the contract they have is super loose, so I think it can be maintained through pretty much any circumstance - something Makima may not have accounted for, which is why she added the addtl threat of saying she'll continue to try to break him. I think there's no clear "goal" in this series, only a set of circumstances that will likely continue to shift, but whose conclusion we'll want to see through. Right now, the goal is to stop Makima, but I can see that easily changing depending on how she's stopped, or if we learn something new about her goal that shifts our perspective. It's very loose at this point...which I think can be a fun opportunity in Fuji's hands - we'll see though. I'm good as long as we don't get a Fire Punch ending...way too existential for me.

My theory on the next arcs is that a third party will appear in some shape or form to secure Denji. I think there's a big door that's been left open to perhaps setup this possibility: how tf did Beam know Denji? All we know is that Beam "worked" with Chainsaw in the past; Beam called him "Master Chainsaw" and had clearly seen him in combat before. If he and Beam were comrades, where was Beam when Pochita was shot? Also - why did they never even attempt to talk about the past? My guess is that Beam was captured by Makima and seen as useful for his skills and also his knowledge on the Chainsaw Devil. Makima paired him with Denji to help him achieve his potential with the Chainsaw ability, but likely kept Beam from bringing up anything problematic about their actual past together. It sort of begs the question then: if Beam calls Denji "Master Chainsaw", does that imply a master/pupil relationship between the two, or does it almost make more sense that "Master" Chainsaw was used as a title or rank within an organization (think: Master Yoda). Also given what we know about how the Gun Devil was subdued and held in large part by a few nations, with the remainder spread out among random devils or unknown holders, if Pochita WAS actually involved in taking down the Gun Devil (implied by the bullet holes in Chapter 1) then it's likely he was either working directly with a national govt organization, a clandestine organization with ties to national govts, or a complete third party (and perhaps this third party has something to do with the fragments being spread among devils everywhere?). Either way, I think a new party enters the scene at this point and stands on footing that can at least threaten Makima, and they move to secure Chainsaw for their own purposes - likely by manipulating Denji to see how bad Makima is, only to then try to manipulate him for their own aims.

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk :lol:

I think a 3rd party or random characters will come into play. Probably these other counties governments. Russia was able to get someone pretty close to Denji, Germany and the US were also gunning for Makima. I think Makima's powers influence Denji but are weak on him. Like you said most of him following her is how own doing, I think his power might just be an extra push. Like when he didn't want to open the door but did. If he didn't already want to serve her at that point her powers wouldn't have swayed him basically, but b/c he did they were just an extra push. I wonder how much time Fuji will actually focus on Denji's recovery, I feel like he'll speed through it. It will probably involve another woman coming in and "healing" him.

The horror movie line was a joke really to explain why a chainsaw might be considered such a powerful devil. He's definitely a badass in Hell. In Viz Beam calls him Lord Chainsaw and mentions how Chainsaw is the biggest badass. I'm curious to find out more about it all and if Hell is going to play a bigger role. Violence had a lot of his human memories left, Beam might have had a lot of his memories from Hell left. Beam knew more but mentioned if he said anything Makima would kill him when the Angel pressed him for more info. Pochita is definitely special and Makima obviously either needs him on her side as not a threat or needs him for a greater goal or just wanted revenge. Curious how Pochita died to come to the human world as well.

I mentioned the contract, b/c like you said usually when it's broken the person dies, but it seems like Makima doesn't want Denji dead even if she's trying to "break it" so my question on recourse was is this contract special in the sense that Denji won't die but Pochita won't protect him from her power or something. The contract of living a normal life is ambiguous, Denji is convinced he doesn't have a right to live a normal life at the moment, but obviously that's not enough to formally break the contract.

I think the old demon hunter might lead the charge. I thought it was mentioned there's usually not strong demon hunters among the civilians, I wonder if that high school demon hunter that's strong is with another group. Either way I think Fuji is going to blunt force his way through the rest of the story at high speed so whatever the explanation will probably be quick and straightforward enough. I don't have any strong feelings on what will happen next or how so much because of that style.

New One Piece chapter is out early

It feels like that last page has been years in the making. I'm so happy to have seen it. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom