The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

1309A0DD-C0C8-476E-9055-CCC48682017C.jpeg

The end of the hidden floor arc was insane. Bam turned the **** up. Jahad is a beast man. War is about to pop off. Bam killing Rachel sounds too good to be true so I know it won't happen anytime soon.

Just checking in to see if y'all still sleeping on Chainsaw Man :nerd:

82 chapters in and it's already a classic for me. What Fujimoto has been able to accomplish in those 82 chapters is far beyond anything else I've read up to this point. The tradeoff here is that this won't be a 300-400 chapter manga - it will definitely be on the shorter end - but what you get is so raw and unique that it really stands on its own. It's too different for me to compare it to many other shounen and try to rank it, so I won't, but it's certainly my favorite story at this point, period.

Edit: For any readers that haven't seen this summary of ch. 81...do yourself a favor and take a look :lol:

Last edited:
Chainsaw man is next on my list. I also have a feeling that Jump may actually be going for shorter, faster paced series these days like with Promised Neverland and Demon Slayer.

I usually don't start a series till it hits around 50 chapters, so a bit late to chainsaw man, but will be starting soon. Been hearing the past couple weeks have been really crazy.

Depending on Shanks and where he stands with the government that could be his goal. He may want to fight Shanks if he's been the center of the pirate government beef

That could lead to quite the interesting predicament for Luffy. Either fight alongside his father and oath brother or fight alongside the man who inspired him to be the person he is.

you may be right it wouldve been interesting to see dragon come and fight one of
the 4 yonkou.

Seems like the Revs are gonna probably be gearing up for something big with the world government based on what went down at the Reverie w/ Sabo and company. But they we're planning something big before that anyway when they had all the commanders around the world come together

Just finished reading all of chainsaw man and all I can is......what?
So I didn't trust Makima from pretty early on. At first I suspected she was the gun devil but then I let go of that theory and figured she was still a devil but I couldn't figure out what. I did not see this turn happening. I could tell she was grooming Denji for something but damn man. And she killed the best girl Power. Also of course the president of the US sacrificed American lives to the gun devil. There's a shocker. I just don't see how it's possible to stop her right now. I suspected she was in control of Japan before I found out who she was and now I'm damn sure she is.

#JusticeForPower #JusticeForAki

Just finished reading all of chainsaw man and all I can is......what?
So I didn't trust Makima from pretty early on. At first I suspected she was the gun devil but then I let go of that theory and figured she was still a devil but I couldn't figure out what. I did not see this turn happening. I could tell she was grooming Denji for something but damn man. And she killed the best girl Power. Also of course the president of the US sacrificed American lives to the gun devil. There's a shocker. I just don't see how it's possible to stop her right now. I suspected she was in control of Japan before I found out who she was and now I'm damn sure she is.

#JusticeForPower #JusticeForAki

Welcome, brother.

Yeah, I didn't see the Gun Devil twist happening at all, nor the Aki fiend scenario...but it all makes a ton of sense. Funnily enough, I don't even think what the US president did was so bad..he just took three months off of everyone's lifespan. Sure, if you only had three months to live that sucks, but in the grand scheme of things peoples' diets take more than three months off of their lifespan lol. And all that just so Makima could use the Gun Devil to get to the Chainsaw Devil....wild.

Frankly, based on how Fujimoto wrote Fire Punch and just thinking about logical progressions, I see Denji going back to soullessly working as a Devil Hunter and being put on a new team with new faces. I'd imagine someone either on the team or in another fashion will appear before him, asking for his help to take down Makima - likely less so because she's a bad person, and more so to achieve their own specific goal that are counter to or conflict with Makima's. The person could be someone new who doesn't seem like much at first, or it could even be someone like Kobeni who has been lying in wait for Makima to make a definitive move; either way, they'll probably either have a Makima trump card or be as strong as Makima under certain conditions. Then the next major arc would move forward.

That's all my prediction, but good chance I'll be wrong because this is Fujimoto.

You can tell some of these writers definitely have something internal going on while writing these mangas. I was reading Island of Giant Insects and the writer definitely needs to be investigated. Its so much random r*pe that it gets uncomfortable quick especially since the premise of the manga isnt sexual at all. Or maybe thats just how that genre of manga is idk.

Welcome, brother.

Yeah, I didn't see the Gun Devil twist happening at all, nor the Aki fiend scenario...but it all makes a ton of sense. Funnily enough, I don't even think what the US president did was so bad..he just took three months off of everyone's lifespan. Sure, if you only had three months to live that sucks, but in the grand scheme of things peoples' diets take more than three months off of their lifespan lol. And all that just so Makima could use the Gun Devil to get to the Chainsaw Devil....wild.

Frankly, based on how Fujimoto wrote Fire Punch and just thinking about logical progressions, I see Denji going back to soullessly working as a Devil Hunter and being put on a new team with new faces. I'd imagine someone either on the team or in another fashion will appear before him, asking for his help to take down Makima - likely less so because she's a bad person, and more so to achieve their own specific goal that are counter to or conflict with Makima's. The person could be someone new who doesn't seem like much at first, or it could even be someone like Kobeni who has been lying in wait for Makima to make a definitive move; either way, they'll probably either have a Makima trump card or be as strong as Makima under certain conditions. Then the next major arc would move forward.

That's all my prediction, but good chance I'll be wrong because this is Fujimoto.
With Power dead Kobeni is the best girl now. I definitely hope she's brought back, I liked her so much and found her interesting. She's definitely strong so maybe her massive cowardice is just a facade, or maybe she is a coward but her power is necessary to stop Makima. Either way, bring her back :lol: Her car too :lol:

You can tell some of these writers definitely have something internal going on while writing these mangas. I was reading Island of Giant Insects and the writer definitely needs to be investigated. Its so much random r*pe that it gets uncomfortable quick especially since the premise of the manga isnt sexual at all. Or maybe thats just how that genre of manga is idk.
There's an entire genre that has a ton of questionable sex and leaves the door for a lot of rape I came across. I'm seeing a lot of webtoons with that content now a d the way its talked about its been like this for a long time

You'll have your Perfect Roommates then way more wild questionable stuff like Lowlife and then no rules or morality in Project Utopia.

^^^^^^ have you seen steins gate or madoka magica ??

i stopped watching one piece at the whole cake island arc.
i might pick it up again,
this popped up on my suggestions and i was like :wow:

i also like watching these

Its been a struggle for me to finish Assassination Classroom. I dont even think its that good. Also kind of abandoned Tokyo Ghoul, Dorohedoro, and Ajin

Also for some other stuff where are the dubs? Things have changed for me. I could easily watch subs no problem but now I don't even got the attention span for them.

Been thinking of starting Stein's Gate, Darwin's Game, Great Pretender, and Promised Neverland. Recently finished the not quite anime The Last Air bender and currently watching Legend of Korra.

Currently reading Doko Mushi and Dead Tube

Yea I was out on assassination classroom soon as i found something else to watch

right now I’m on gleipnir and deadman wonderland.. just started one piece, so I just throw that on when I want something on in the background now that I can get the dubbed version

Back
Top Bottom