The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Binge watched Tower of God and loved it. Started to read the webtoon because I needed to know what happens next. Saw there was no official announcement about a season 2 yet.

The anime seemed to get high ratings everywhere but then I read on reddit people had problems with it. Not surprised with reddit people. :lol:

The anime def could’ve cleared up a few things that weren’t really explained clearly or at all. There were a few lines of dialogue in the webtoon that could’ve been added to the anime to clear a lot of stuff up.

Miz Charmy is a damn beast. Mess with her food and she’ll try to kill you.

Only 6 eps left of Black Clover. Seems a short time to wrap stuff up.

Binge watched Tower of God and loved it. Started to read the webtoon because I needed to know what happens next. Saw there was no official announcement about a season 2 yet.

The anime seemed to get high ratings everywhere but then I read on reddit people had problems with it. Not surprised with reddit people. :lol:

The anime def could’ve cleared up a few things that weren’t really explained clearly or at all. There were a few lines of dialogue in the webtoon that could’ve been added to the anime to clear a lot of stuff up.

Glad someone else is picking up Tower of God. Just a heads up the webtoon is expected to be on hiatus another 4 months as a doctor told SIU he needed a half year break for his arm to recover from whatever issues he's having when drawing.

I agree I think the anime did a decent job, but in some parts missed tone or lines that really gave insight into characters. The final couple episodes of the season were really well done. Seems for all the webtoon series Crunchyroll had adapted they decided they were going to push the pace as much as possible for better or worse.

**** Rachel

Did not like the anime really but I only had access to the dub and was too lazy to find the sub. Did not like the VA choices for some characters.

So happy I found the webtoon first. Cuz that's great.

Similar issues I hear with the God of High School anime.

Noblesse might have gotten the worst webtoon treatment. They did an entire season in an OVA then episode 1 jumps into season 2 of the webtoon. I decided not to watch after that.

**** Rachel
The final episode really had me thinking about what kinda person she was.

Did she help Bam out before when he was all by himself because she was a good person or did she just want someone to basically be her pet / worship her. A decent person wouldn’t have abandoned him like that or would’ve at least tried to bring him with her. Then you hear how she became so jealous of him and how he was loved by everyone.

As I was watching the episodes I did start to wonder how Rachel kept advancing when she hasn’t shown any type of skills.

Rachel is a leech.

I thought at some point she reveal some power since technically she is an irregular too but nope still lame 100 of chapters later and not to spoil anything but she's given power. Never earns it or works for it.

Rachel doesn't have any power even though she's an irregular is because the Tower didn't choose her, she slipped in when Bam opened the door apparently.

They at one point make a good point when Rachel is complaining why is she hated when people have done worse than her, and it basically comes down to the fact they all know and accept they've done terrible things and they're actually trying and working while she's hiding, getting carried by others, and trying to act innocent that makes her more repulsive.

Rachel gotta be top 10 in my most hated characters of all time and I'll be glad when she's dead

Anyways, read Jujutsu Kaisen. And Legend of the Northern Blade.

Was not expecting Bungo Stray Dogs to be this good. Like really good.

The vibe and style quickly reminded me of Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Megalo Box, Gundam Wing, Trigun, etc.

Back
Top Bottom