The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

the OG Basilisk is one of my all time favorites.
Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 07-09-09 Basilisk The Kouga Ninja Scrolls (2005).png

God of Highschool
God the anime adaptation of that was so bad, easily one of the worst anime series I’ve ever seen period. The only redeeming quality was that it at least had fantastic animation.

If I remember correctly, it was SC kid SC kid who first recommended Gintama to me.

My mom insisted on watching it together so we’re progressing pretty slowly, we’re 15 episodes in.

Every single episode has been a fun ride so far and my mom seems to be having a great time as well. She’s been under a lot of stress recently due to work (she’s a nurse), my seizure etc. Some Gintama very noticeably brightens her day.

If I remember correctly, it was SC kid SC kid who first recommended Gintama to me.

My mom insisted on watching it together so we’re progressing pretty slowly, we’re 15 episodes in.

Every single episode has been a fun ride so far and my mom seems to be having a great time as well. She’s been under a lot of stress recently due to work (she’s a nurse), my seizure etc. Some Gintama very noticeably brightens her day.

It's a great show.
Gets better and funnier

When you get to episode 60ish....you're going to love it.

Last edited:
It's a great show.
Gets better and funnier

When you get to episode 60ish....you're going to love it.
Oh best believe I’m loving it already, every episode is consistently funny and some scenes truly made me burst out laughing uncontrollably.

One scene in particular really had my ribs hurting, it’s when Katsura is introduced to the crew while there is a manhunt for a terrorist.

Katsura takes them to an appartment and Kagura asks Gintoki what kind of person [Katsura] is. The camera pans to Gin’s face, laying down with a blank expression, and he just casually responds “a terrorist” without changing his dry expression. With text and having to rely on memory, it’s hard to get across how funny that scene was. My mom bursted out laughing at the exact same time I did from that scene

I know some of you guys swear by the Chimera arc but right now it’s trash. Kite is currently being controlled and Killua is taking this beating from marmot. Like dude you really haven’t gotten strong enough to beat this dude. Meanwhile Gon out here going on dates. 😂

I know some of you guys swear by the Chimera arc but right now it’s trash. Kite is currently being controlled and Killua is taking this beating from marmot. Like dude you really haven’t gotten strong enough to beat this dude. Meanwhile Gon out here going on dates. 😂
... YOU LEAVE GON ALONE! You seen what Palm looks like done up? Homie killing the game. I'm not accepting any Killua slander either

... YOU LEAVE GON ALONE! You seen what Palm looks like done up? Homie killing the game. I'm not accepting any Killua slander either
How about the phantom troupe? For me personally, I find them overhyped and make them appear stronger than they seem. Would have loved to see them go against the royal guards rather than those midtier ants.

Blasphemy
HxH is perfection start to finish, especially that arc.

Naw ya'll wildin arc is dragging and Killua and Gon just having stupid fights. Dude fighting him with fish darts. The fights are boring as hell against the low level chimera arcs. Never thought I would get tired of fights, dudes taking all this damage, and just keep going and fighting. Gon out here breaking bread with chimera iguana out here following him. Son worse than Goku.

How about the phantom troupe? For me personally, I find them overhyped and make them appear stronger than they seem. Would have loved to see them go against the royal guards rather than those midtier ants.
Naw they weren't doing anything with the royal guard the way they were struggling against the midtier guys.

Blasphemy
HxH is perfection start to finish, especially that arc.
Hard to say anything about "finish".

That's H×H main problem. 10-15-20 years later and its roughly the same unfinished manga.

I can understand ppl starting to criticize the chimera ants or Phantom troupe. Not enough feats and/or just a flash in the pan.

I say this as in watching the H×X anime in English for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom