The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Just finished hunter hunter and wow... where have I been all these years, that ant arc was the best I ever seen in any anime I ever watch which wasn’t much other than naruto, dbz and one punch man lol. Nonetheless, never knew a anime could have me in my feelings, that arc was well written, now sad I have nothing else to look forward to.

D11E2E60-335A-4672-8851-8C76066D1D96.gif

I've never had any issues with OP. Just never had the desire to start before and the number of eps turned me off from starting it.

Chris Sabat is the voice of Zoro? Is there a big series he doesn't do voice work for?

I wish I started one piece now. Entertainment for months.
Years really.

Whether you read or watch the anime.
I can’t get past 10 episodes. I’m upset I wasted my time with that garbage
I just finished Nami's backstory along with Arlong park arc.

OP is FINALLY getting good after grinding through the first 30-40 episodes
I always recommend reading the manga.

I couldn't imagine starting from the beginning with the early days of the anime. I've technically still haven't watched the East Blue saga in its entirety.

All I know is Baratie arc 🔥

If you not on board by then you probably a Bleach/Naruto fan and Fairy Tale fanatic.

I've never had any issues with OP. Just never had the desire to start before and the number of eps turned me off from starting it.

Chris Sabat is the voice of Zoro? Is there a big series he doesn't do voice work for?
same here. while OP was ok for me, I never really grew into it as much as other anime shows like HxH which I have been following since the early 2000s. then came to a stop when the anime series was halted just before the supposed Ging reunion which turned out to be Kite. it took 10 years of waiting til it finally was remade and concluded. I noticed it was a remaster since the artwork and some missing scenes that I remember were not in the remake version. I was so glad that the series was atleast concluded and what a disappointment of sorts Ging was, lol. was expecting him to be someone like Yujiro but it turned out, Leorio had more fight than him. I guess that was intentional. :lol:

I have to rewatch and continue watching the OG Macross.

I always recommend reading the manga.

I couldn't imagine starting from the beginning with the early days of the anime. I've technically still haven't watched the East Blue saga in its entirety.
It's rough but I expected it to be In the beginning.
So far it's not bad. However it does feel like they have been fighting the Black Cat pirates forever and it's only been a few eps.
Are there filler arcs in OP and do I need to watch them? Are they good? Are the movies canon?

same here. while OP was ok for me, I never really grew into it as much as other anime shows like HxH which I have been following since the early 2000s. then came to a stop when the anime series was halted just before the supposed Ging reunion which turned out to be Kite. it took 10 years of waiting til it finally was remade and concluded. I noticed it was a remaster since the artwork and some missing scenes that I remember were not in the remake version. I was so glad that the series was atleast concluded and what a disappointment of sorts Ging was, lol. was expecting him to be someone like Yujiro but it turned out, Leorio had more fight than him. I guess that was intentional. :lol:

I have to rewatch and continue watching the OG Macross.
Is there more HxH anime after Gon heals from the Ant Arc and finally meets Gin? If I remember right it ended right when they were about to explore the dark continent (i think its called)

So far it's not bad. However it does feel like they have been fighting the Black Cat pirates forever and it's only been a few eps.
Are there filler arcs in OP and do I need to watch them? Are they good? Are the movies canon?

Is there more HxH anime after Gon heals from the Ant Arc and finally meets Gin? If I remember right it ended right when they were about to explore the dark continent (i think its called)
not yet in my recollection, and this was 6-7 years ago. we'll probably see in 3 more years since that was the waiting time for the Chimera Ant arc to be made. lol

not yet in my recollection, and this was 6-7 years ago. we'll probably see in 3 more years since that was the waiting time for the Chimera Ant arc to be made. lol
on the otherhand, you can always watch DB and Bleach since those two keep on getting remade and extended. for me, those two went from awesome to nauseating.
just-die-why.jpg

I use to follow bleach and naruto as they were airing and the filler arcs from both made me sick so I switched to just reading the manga.
Quit reading Bleach partway through the Soul King arc.

I use to follow bleach and naruto as they were airing and the filler arcs from both made me sick so I switched to just reading the manga.
Quit reading Bleach partway through the Soul King arc.
I stopped when Naruto became the 7th Hokage. although Shippuden really made me laugh and became one of my guilty pleasures especially this particular scene.

Skip ALL One Piece filler arcs. If you end up loving the show you can go back and check them.

The movies aren't canon but just keep getting better and better.

You'll be rewarded for sticking through the Kuro arc with the next arc; Baratie arc. Thats when some world building really starts and some better characters are introduced.

I watched a few minutes of episode 1 and never continued. I don't have the attention span to watch hundreds of episodes.

I've noticed that when people are catching up to one piece the early part of the series people struggle with more because they want to catch up to what's currently happening. It makes sense, all that feels like prologue or less relevant since there's so much other content to engage with that represents the story. After they catch up if they revisit the early stuff I tend to see that they enjoy it much more because there's not that feeling of oh I'm missing out by seeing all this old stuff.

That said Syrup village is the worst east blue arc, so if you get through that you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom