*THE OFFICIAL APPLE iOS 7 THREAD*

Soooooooooooooooo...............REAL TALK
im happy with ios 6 should i upgrade to 7 or no??????????????

I wouldn't. I liked how 6 was too, but i think it's all about preference.

that and maybe it's because we know how ios6 works so well.....

i think I might go back to 6 lol.. I just used my dads phone ( still has 6) i def like it better..

Last edited:
^This guy...

...doesn't know what he's talking about.

iMessage is in fact web based, however that's not the reason it uses your Apple ID. It's a setting.

Then why don't you tell them how to do it instead or running your mouth about someone actually trying to help?

Here's some actual help :wink:

1. Settings->Messages-> Make sure iMessage is turned on

2. Settings->Messages->Send and receive-> Under "You Can Be Reached By iMessage at" uncheck your e-mail addresses so only your phone number is checked

3. Profit.

View media item 584136

Last edited:

^This guy...

...doesn't know what he's talking about.

iMessage is in fact web based, however that's not the reason it uses your Apple ID. It's a setting.
Then why don't you tell them how to do it instead or running your mouth about someone actually trying to help?
Here's some actual help
wink.gif

1. Settings->Messages-> Make sure iMessage is turned on

2. Settings->Messages->Send and receive-> Under "You Can Be Reached By iMessage at" uncheck your e-mail addresses so only your phone number is checked

3. Profit.
good looking

Anyone have issues with your music and movies? For whatever reason for my movies, I can only seem to upload things that I bought off iTunes. Also I updated my phone twice and had some issues with getting all my music on cause it literally bricked 4 GBs of music that I cannot play on my phone.

Any way to set up wallpapers? Ios6 I could resize and move around or whatever, but on ios7, it's like zoomed in. Can't really crop or anything. Tried the general - accesibility - reduce motion turned on to see if it did anything but not really.

i'm having trouble getting my phone to fully charge.. the wire I have is from the OG IP 5 too.. it's not a knock off, though it is a bit ripped where you plug it in but I was having no problems before the update. I read they'd crack down on using third party chargers but the fact that it's only charging a little, and I have to keep touching the wire for it to keep charging is annoying.

Sorry this may be in the wrong place guys

I have a 64 gig 4s that is constantly overheating I need to take it to an applestore this week but I hear they don't sell or make the 4s anymore in 64 gig. Will apple just fix my phone or throw me something else? I am still covered under Applecare Plus (thank God)

As far as iOS 7 I think its okay, has anyone figured out if we can use Facetime Audio off wifi. I will be traveling soon and that will be so clutch overseas.

Sorry this may be in the wrong place guys

I have a 64 gig 4s that is constantly overheating I need to take it to an applestore this week but I hear they don't sell or make the 4s anymore in 64 gig. Will apple just fix my phone or throw me something else? I am still covered under Applecare Plus (thank God)

As far as iOS 7 I think its okay, has anyone figured out if we can use Facetime Audio off wifi. I will be traveling soon and that will be so clutch overseas.

^^^^^They might just send it in. Hard to say if they would replace it with a new phone but it has happened before. People at Best Buy always tell me to get a warranty and just break the thing I buy at the 3rd year of the warranty and you'll just get a new currant device.

Man I aint letting nobody send **** in. I know that sounds crazy but this my phone I can't really fade them sending it in unless they plan on offering me some sort of loaner phone.

How long ago did apple discontinue the 64g 4s?

Just backed up my 5S and it said that there was an update to fix bugs so did you update to IOS 7.0.1

Never entered a pw for my voicmail before but when i updated to ios 7 it keeps prompting me to enter a pw. anbody know how to disable the prompt?

Any way to set up wallpapers? Ios6 I could resize and move around or whatever, but on ios7, it's like zoomed in. Can't really crop or anything. Tried the general - accesibility - reduce motion turned on to see if it did anything but not really.

What I did was get the image online on my phone, saved it, and then went to the image in photos, took a screenshot and it worked

Does anyone know how to get weather onto the thing for when you swipe down?

Before the update, when I swiped down on the main screen it showed weather and some other misc stuff

Now it just shows my calendar. How do I get weather to show there?

To the ones that have iphone 4 with ios7, would you recommend upgrading to ios7?
i updated it and it's a bit more annoying now. The phone seems  to run a bit slower. 

One thing that really annoys me is that with mail, in the past i can just swipe and press delete. Now when i swipe, there's no delete button and i would have to press edit at the top and then select the message and click trash on the bottom to delete it. I guess it's easier this way if you're mass deleting but im someone who needs to check email every 10 minutes for work or other stuff so it's annoying to me

Edit: forgot to mention: i used to have like the most recent 50 emails from each email on the phone but now it has all the emails and i dont think i can make it back to 50 emails per email

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom