*THE OFFICIAL APPLE iOS 7 THREAD*

laugh.gif
some people really prefer this over android??
Shouldn't be hard to believe at all.  Apple has always been about letting the competition come out with new hardware and software and then adopting it later on when it becomes more mature and stable.  This may be what Android was a year or two ago, but Apple is gonna make sure it runs smoother and more efficiently than it did a year or two ago.

I'm a huge fan of the swiping gestures that Blackberry implemented with BB10, but they dropped the ball with their phones.  Glad Apple is starting to implement these swiping gestures as well.  I'm gonna wait for the official iOS 7 release to try it out, I've always hated beta testing, but I'll happily read about you guys doing it
laugh.gif

After a full day basically of using it and running it, a few conclusions for those just reading the stories-

I've gotten tiny crashes about 4 or 5 times today (screen goes black and i hit the home button and it takes me home, NBD)
Siri really doesn't work, not even for my friend who has an iPhone 5.
My music app runs laggy because the song listing now shows album covers on the left hand side..
Turning on "Reduce Motion" in Accessibility (turning the moving background off) saves battery, as well as turning off location services on the apps that now use them.
Battery life is jumpy.. when i unplugged it earlier, it sat at 100% for about 30 minutes or so with me using my phone multiple times for apps. Then when i use it to text it went from about 90-70% in a span of 40 minutes to an hour. Don't know what's going on.

Now, the good-

Safari is an absolute hit. The tab feature actually runs very smooth and with no lag at all, plus it looks and works great. The full screen browsing when scrolling down a webpage is also very nice.
When you hit the sleep button, it now fades into a black screen instead off simply shutting the screen off. Same thing when you wake the phone. It fades back on instead of just turning on.
The look and feel of the opening and closing of apps feels much better, with apps actually minimizing to where they're located. (You'll see what i mean if you don't get it already)
iTunes radio is basically Pandora in the music app, but now you can create a playlist from any song in your iPod.
Weather app- gorgeous. Well done.
New compass is actually a good compass, as my friend said "Now we can go get lost in the ocean and s***." :lol:

Everything is very detailed and it almost feels like they set someone to each aspect of every base app and said "Look at every detail and make sure its smooth / stunning in its functionality."

A bit long, so i put it in a spoiler. :tongue: Hopefully beta 2 comes out soon.

does anyone have a full read out of what ios 7 beta 2 fixes?

like battery life, reminders app being buggy, and music app search being unresponsive is what made me switch back to ios 6 

Installed Beta 2 OTA and definitely happy with it. My iMessage works now and lots of the small quirks have gone away. Feels much faster. Safari though seem so be a bit buggy and freezes time to time though.

Instagram seems to be properly working again with beta 2 :pimp:

ebay is still not functional, I'm convinced it's the way they wrote their code :smh:

Installed Beta 2 OTA and definitely happy with it. My iMessage works now and lots of the small quirks have gone away. Feels much faster. Safari though seem so be a bit buggy and freezes time to time though.
Do you have a link to the Beta 2?

Do you have a link to the Beta 2?

If you have Beta 1, go to Settings / General / Software Update / and it should come up.

I'm trying to install it right now. It said estimated time: 4 hours remaining.. then just now went to 1 hour remaining. :x good lord.

Crossing my fingers that it'll fix some things. Siri, some lag, and the crashes. :D

Will check back in.

Just finished updating to Beta 2.

Playing music and looking at the lock screen is fixed. Album cover is in the right spot now and it looks good.
I've lost a bit of lag that i was experiencing, it seems to be running a bit smoother now.
Siri is finally back! Working again and I will be writing a bit about that probably later.
New Voice Memos app looks sickkkkkkkkk. :smokin I use it to record music and guitar so I'm stoked.

Just a few things i noticed off the nut, ill update if anything comes up .

If you have Beta 1, go to Settings / General / Software Update / and it should come up.

I'm trying to install it right now. It said estimated time: 4 hours remaining.. then just now went to 1 hour remaining.
sick.gif
good lord.

Crossing my fingers that it'll fix some things. Siri, some lag, and the crashes.
happy.gif

Will check back in.
+1 thanks for the help!

Just finished updating to Beta 2.

Playing music and looking at the lock screen is fixed. Album cover is in the right spot now and it looks good.
I've lost a bit of lag that i was experiencing, it seems to be running a bit smoother now.
Siri is finally back! Working again and I will be writing a bit about that probably later.
New Voice Memos app looks sickkkkkkkkk.
smokin.gif
I use it to record music and guitar so I'm stoked.

Just a few things i noticed off the nut, ill update if anything comes up .
Biggest thing I've noticed. Ebay still crashes for me tho
ohwell.gif

Yeah, not sure why you find that funny. Is everyone just supposed to automatically like android? Fanboys are annoying no matter what company they root for.

all of this. i have an iphone 5 and a note 2 and prefer the ip5. they both do the same ****, people make it out to be way more than it is

Back
Top Bottom