The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

Crocodile and arkangel are definitely in the "the national anthem" and "hated in the nation" grouping for weaker episodes

Just watched Black Museum on the recommendation from a friend. Really surprised me in a good way. I’ve watched a few more episodes jumping around from season to season, mostly based on an article of all 19 episodes from best to worst LOL

Any recommendations? I’ve seen maybe 5-6: San Junipero, Arkangel, Crocodile, Be Right Back, and White Christmas, and I think one more. I’ll obviously watch them all but I’ve heard there are really bad ones and I’ll save those for last

Arkangel was dope to me. Definitely figured it would end with the mom watching her kid off herself via the 1st person view on the tablet. Surely I’m not the only person who thought it may go that way, right? :lol:

Would’ve made that whole episode insanely dark.

Ohh yeah, that’s the other one I saw. She was real cute, also the accent was

So is metalhead supposed to be some sorta allegory for Christmas shopping for a kid?

Big fan of this show.
Favorites are entire history, nosedive black museum. Still have to see 3 more from season four. The first episode doesn't seem appealing at all to me bc of the star trek theme.

Black museum was the best episode.. then hang the dj.. then uss callister

Didn't get metalhead, like the grander idea of it.. arkangel was predictable.. and other than the visuals, wasn't too much of a fan of crocodile

And the blind gut punch, just felt super duper unnecessary.. just felt lik more could have been done with it and even that point

Metalhead is about AI eventually taking over and wiping us out. Plus those dogs are based on robots being built now. I think it's also meant to be optimistic too, that despite the circumstances, people are willing to risk everything to maintain their humanity. They basically went on a suicide mission for stuffed animals. Dumb decision overall but I guess if they could bring joy to another person or kid then it would have been worth it. It's what separates them from the dogs- these things just track and kill living things in the coldest ways possible.

I really don't understand the, "I don't get the story of MetalHead" crowd.

Personally, I'm trying understand the risk/reward of the teddy bear at the end.. unless like I said above, it's an allegory for unsuccessfully trying to get the 'hot toy' for your kid on Christmas

I really don't understand the, "I don't get the story of MetalHead" crowd.

well, there isn't much of a story to it; i think i would have enjoyed this episode more if it didn't try such a half-hearted attempt to tell a story that is mostly unrelated to/doesn't effect anything in the terms of what the episode seems to be about...
it basically is one long suspenseful chase scene, minus the break it takes to get to nighttime...and if you are one of those people that gets into the story, the nuances of a character's motivation, metalhead prolly won't have a big appeal because it is basically straightforward: protagonist/main character wants to stay alive, antagonist/robot is trying to off the protagonist/her, chase ensues; but all the ways that the chase is executed & prolonged were kinda inconsistent...

why stop the car in the middle of a life & death getaway? maybe you chalk that up to being concerned for her fellow human...ok why use the radio when you have just successfully removed the tracker? maybe this is to have her communicate her hopelessness in that moment; neither decision is really that implausible but both are kinda unnecessary---it feels they they couldn't commit to the whole episode being just an all out chase & not having dialog/story---and the ending is so cheap...why wouldn't the robot shoot her fully of trackers when it is cycling between powering down & waking, the potential for her escape is basically the same as at the end?

the dialog at the beginning, the radio, shot of the teddy bears at the end are all attempts to get the audience to care about things that are off screen artificially, without doing the work; which i think was generally the case with this season as a whole...
...maybe we can assume it IS about human fragility and/or futility and the instinct/spirit to survive in spite of that vs. the cold relentlessness of technology, or maybe it is just as simply as it being a stylized techno-horror thing, but i'm not sure it does either of those things sufficiently well...

Personally, I'm trying understand the risk/reward of the teddy bear at the end.. unless like I said above, it's an allegory for unsuccessfully trying to get the 'hot toy' for your kid on Christmas

in an even more general way, you could say that giving someone a gift is a symbolic display/representation of love...so the risk/reward of obtaining this gift for a dying kid(?) was to maybe show love and/or maybe show the somewhat uniquely human quality hope, even when it doesn't make sense?

Are we sure about that? Pretty convenient given black museum.

uss callister - one of my favorite from the season.
arkangel - only okay. ending was a bit of a let down.
crocodile - should've ended with the blind baby but i guess there would've been no way pin the murders on anyone.
hang the dj - only okay to me. it was a bit expected.
metalhead - minus the visuals there's nothing really here for me. i get the robot dog thing but ehhh. maybe im missing the deeper meaning.
black museum - probably my favorite from the season even though the story telling was a bit reminiscence of white christmas.

good season overall but wasn't as satisfying as previous ones.

why black mirror always gotta have interracial relationships
always a black guy or girl with someone who isn't black
we need more instances of black love.......besides black museum of course

why black mirror always gotta have interracial relationships
always a black guy or girl with someone who isn't black
we need more instances of black love.......besides black museum of course

I think it's the English influence in the whole thing.. was pretty surprised with the amount of interracial dating that was going down over there.. but you can definitely see it in some of the English actresses becoming more popular, like ole girl from San junipero

Back
Top Bottom