The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

AND THEY GAVE US A DATE, LFFFGGG!! Can't wait for next two weeks from tomorrow! Thanks for sharing, man.

I completed my re-watch. Going to post how I would tier the episodes. Probably going to get some big disagreements but we all have different tastes :lol: Trimming a list down to 7-8 Tier 1s might be difficult, though. A lot of them were better than I remember.

this including black museum

legit just love watching episodes over and over

That is a great list too! I love all those episodes too (lots of overlap with the other two lists). I I felt like I could watch them over and over too! It had been years for me and I had only seen some once so running through them again was a reminder how great this show is. I was looking up actors/actresses on IMDB and it was by far the highest rated show/movie EYE personally have watched and looked up at 8.8 stars :wow:

Looking at Season 6, just based off description, Joan is Awful, Mazey Dazey and Demon 79 sound right up my alley.

AND THEY GAVE US A DATE, LFFFGGG!! Can't wait for next two weeks from tomorrow! Thanks for sharing, man.

I completed my re-watch. Going to post how I would tier the episodes. Probably going to get some big disagreements but we all have different tastes :lol: Trimming a list down to 7-8 Tier 1s might be difficult, though. A lot of them were better than I remember.
Well there should only be one episode in tier 1. With 6-7 in the 2nd tier.

NEW SZN IS UP FELLAS
excited-nets.gif

I can't watch until the weekend but we've waited for new episodes for four years so what's a few more days :lol:

NEW SZN IS UP FELLAS
excited-nets.gif

I can't watch until the weekend but we've waited for new episodes for four years so what's a few more days :lol:
About to dive into them later on this evening/tonight. Pour something dark up and retire to my room to see what it is.

I watched the first 2 episodes.

First one was pretty good i thought.
atleast that entire concept and how its going to be a reality. It was pretty much a K trip to me

The 2nd was crazy.
Had an early morning today
and there was a point where should've just done to bed
ish kept me up another hour after finishing it.
:smh:

I miss the Sci fi stuff...

Is it totally absent from Season 5? I didn't mind most of the Sci Fi Stuff but I think some of my episodes were based on reality or just advanced technology (not totally Sci Fi) like

The Entire History of You
Shut Up and Dance
Nosedive
White Bear
Arkangel
Hated in the Nation

The Entire History of You and Arkangel technology legitimately seem like things that could exist in our lifetime but I am not sure of the world's appetite is for that.

I also think the infrastructure for a Nosedive societal system is in play with everyone having Bluetooth enabled smart phones but no one wants that type of smoke :lol:

this season was an L…1st & 3rd ep had promising traditional ‘black mirror’ premises but execution was ultimately lacking and kinda nonsensical, all the others were basically horror based with none of that obvious real word science & technology commentary/pondering…

First new episode of a Black Mirror.
:nthat:
:pimp:
:pimp:

MOFO Stremberry
I enjoyed four of the five episodes, Mazey Day was kind of meh to me. One plot point mentioned was pointless to me.

Don't understand the point of providing us with the time frame for this. Mentioning Tom and Kate's new baby Suri did nothing; technically this could have taken place today

Joan is Awful - 5/5
Loch Henry - 5/5
Nice little Easter egg in the second episode if you pay attention.

Beyond the Sea - 5/5
Mazy Day - 3/5
Demon 79 - 5/5

Joan is Awful was ****ing stupid. I liked Loch Henry a lot, but it wasnt very "Black Mirror". Granted I havent watched this show since the earlier seasons, Loch Henry felt like a cold case type of show.

Posted this in the NFLX Thread so sorry if you’ve read it before:
I really enjoyed the new Black Mirror season. I think I need to rewatch Demon 79 because I saw it in pieces and it didn’t pop out to me like it has for everyone else.

The plot twists in Joan is Awful, Loch Henry and Beyond the Sea were all :wow: :wow:

Mazey Day left something to be desired for me. I may need to read some reviews/recaps about the deeper meaning behind the twist.

One thing I love is that they’re able to get known actors and actresses from other shows/movies. They went all out this season with Annie Murphy, Selma Hayek, Michael Cera, Myha’la Herrold, John Hannah, Josh Hartnett, Aaron Paul, Kate Mara, Zazie Beetz and a bunch of others that I know I’m missing.

I guess I’m good for another four years :lol: |l

One thing I love is that they’re able to get known actors and actresses from other shows/movies. They went all out this season with Annie Murphy, Selma Hayek, Michael Cera, Myha’la Herrold, John Hannah, Josh Hartnett, Aaron Paul, Kate Mara, Zazie Beetz and a bunch of others that I know I’m missing.

didn’t mind this, but i don’t think it really helped from a storytelling perspective to have the bigger names this season 🤷🏿‍♂️

didn’t mind this, but i don’t think it really helped from a storytelling perspective to have the bigger names this season 🤷🏿‍♂️

When did it add to the storytelling in the past? BTW - I’m not trying to contend that it did in Season 6. I wouldn’t have felt differently about the episodes if they used randoms, I just personally enjoyed the familiar faces. Some of them even tracked with the history of characters they have played in other roles too.

Man ****, so good to have a Season of Black Mirror on deck. Crazy how time flew by, we all have our own way of remembering things, true or not but my memory has stored the nation that it was I was turned NT on to Black Mirror way back. Took a few Seasons before anybody would pay attention.

8minutes in to Episode 1 and boom, a nice little throwback Fifteen Million Merits to where Jessica Brown Findlay sings “Anyone who knows what love is” and Daniel is staring at her from back stage love struck as he gave up all his coin to get her to the final. By far my favorite scene from any Black Mirror. Put that song in heavy rotation in the Love Household.

When did it add to the storytelling in the past? BTW - I’m not trying to contend that it did in Season 6. I wouldn’t have felt differently about the episodes if they used randoms, I just personally enjoyed the familiar faces. Some of them even tracked with the history of characters they have played in other roles too.

can’t say it added and not that i can remember every instance but in the past it seemed like they used the familiar faces more like cameos & side characters, not the principal main actor(s). for this season in particular, and it could be my bias because i was not into any of the stories/my expectations of black mirror, but the established faces seems like cover for some mediocre narratives

can’t say it added and not that i can remember every instance but in the past it seemed like they used the familiar faces more like cameos & side characters, not the principal main actor(s). for this season in particular, and it could be my bias because i was not into any of the stories/my expectations of black mirror, but the established faces seems like cover for some mediocre narratives

That is fair. I will say that enjoyed this season but after having rewatched all the old episodes just a few weeks ago I can admit these weren’t on that level. If I though hard enough I could probably relate them to prior episodes that were similar but the OGs were better. For example, Beyond Sea had USS Callister vibes.

I think the reason why I may not be as critical is because since the end of Succession three weeks ago there hasn’t been much in the form of anticipated new television so I’m unconsciously giving Black Mirror extra praise :lol:

Back
Top Bottom