***The Official Chargers @ Raiders thread 9/14 Vol MNF***

Stayed up until 2am to watch the game here in Philly. I had to be up at 645 for work. So pissed we lost. It came down to one series and we couldn't get the$!%@+$% stop. WHY we started playing a soft zone instead of the man D that gave the bolts problems all night is beyond me. Oh well, at least I watched ameaningful close Raider game for the first time in 6 years. The Black Hole looked like it was ROCKIN out there!

Stayed up until 2am to watch the game here in Philly. I had to be up at 645 for work. So pissed we lost. It came down to one series and we couldn't get the$!%@+$% stop. WHY we started playing a soft zone instead of the man D that gave the bolts problems all night is beyond me. Oh well, at least I watched ameaningful close Raider game for the first time in 6 years. The Black Hole looked like it was ROCKIN out there!

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

weirdest thing is that he never overthrows zach miller. makes no sense
It is weird, he actually almost ALWAYS under throws Zach by a step or two and he has to adjust slightly to catch the ball.

Not sure what's been goin on in this thread but after a long day of tailgating and a hell of a game I don't know how I'm still awake.
I left the game feeling better than I've felt leaving a Raider game, win or loose in over 5 years. The place was nuts, lost my damn voice in the blackhole.
smh.gif

There was a lot of stuff I liked tonight, I'm sure most of it has already been touched on but the defense played great. Everything was there except thatlast drive when we needed it most. We were physical and played with a lot of speed. We were routinely getting to Phillip Rivers, something I haven'tseen us do to an opposing quarterback in a few seasons. It was great to see Seymour make an immediate impact. Chris Johnson played very well imo, as did justabout everybody else in the secondary but Namdi DID get beat by Vincent Jackson. Say what you want about Jamarcus but he showed the last quarter of 08 andthis preseason that he CAN make those throws. A lot of yall are confused and really think my dude is a bad quarterback but I honestly don't think gameslike tonight are going to be a routine thing for him. That being said, he missed a lot of open receivers.

Ultimately it really was special teams that killed us. If Sproles doesn't return the ball 50+ yards to end BOTH halves we win the game. If you watchedthe game and payed attention you know we were the better team but ultimately we came up short. I was listening to Greg Papas interview with Cable right afterthe game and I liked what Tom had to say, to quote him:

The Raiders are going to be a good football team...This year.

It is weird, he actually almost ALWAYS under throws Zach by a step or two and he has to adjust slightly to catch the ball.

Not sure what's been goin on in this thread but after a long day of tailgating and a hell of a game I don't know how I'm still awake.
I left the game feeling better than I've felt leaving a Raider game, win or loose in over 5 years. The place was nuts, lost my damn voice in the blackhole.
smh.gif

There was a lot of stuff I liked tonight, I'm sure most of it has already been touched on but the defense played great. Everything was there except thatlast drive when we needed it most. We were physical and played with a lot of speed. We were routinely getting to Phillip Rivers, something I haven'tseen us do to an opposing quarterback in a few seasons. It was great to see Seymour make an immediate impact. Chris Johnson played very well imo, as did justabout everybody else in the secondary but Namdi DID get beat by Vincent Jackson. Say what you want about Jamarcus but he showed the last quarter of 08 andthis preseason that he CAN make those throws. A lot of yall are confused and really think my dude is a bad quarterback but I honestly don't think gameslike tonight are going to be a routine thing for him. That being said, he missed a lot of open receivers.

Ultimately it really was special teams that killed us. If Sproles doesn't return the ball 50+ yards to end BOTH halves we win the game. If you watchedthe game and payed attention you know we were the better team but ultimately we came up short. I was listening to Greg Papas interview with Cable right afterthe game and I liked what Tom had to say, to quote him:

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom