THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

"13's swerving on purpose, got your ***** nervous but she learning if it's risky then it's probably worth it"

Ullllltraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Random story but back in 2008 I was Myspace friends with $pitta and I'm not sure if anyof you guys remember but he used to post his new videos in Myspace bulletins. This is back when it was cool to put videos on your Myspace page so I wanted to put the "Raegan Era" video on my page. I started ripping every video he posted, because they weren't Youtube vids, and re-uploading them on Youtube. I logged into my Youtube account one day and I had dozens of messages from dudes thinking I was $pitta 
laugh.gif
. If you search on youtube I'm 90% sure the first Curren$y video ever uploaded on Youtube is from my account 
pimp.gif

"The Explanation" played on my phone a few minutes ago and reminded me 
laugh.gif

Anyway, new tape is dope 
pimp.gif

3 just isn't enough. But gun to my head..

Smokee Robinson
Covert Coup
Drive In Theatre

Honorable Mention: Pilot Talk 2

Every project has at least 1-2 gems but these three I just press play and zone out.

Pilot Talk is an album though...still listen to it! Can't really go wrong with any Spitta. I've been rocking with him since his Young Money days, but he officially became my favorite rapper with Welcome to the Winners Circle. That's still a special tape to me.

Carrollton Heist is slowly becoming....better than Covert Coupe :nerd:.

Black Rally Stripes has automatically become a top 10 Curren$y track

The homie skated on that last hook

Ride out, roll another one
We gonna stay outside till them ******* helicopters come
I learnt that from a Cali cousin
I got my first set of Dayton's from him
Now I'm skating on them
In New Orleans
Thinking about major money
Safe money, escape money
Big weight money
Diamond heist in broad day
Walk away from it
Huh
:smokin
And I been trying to tell y'all. Carrollton Heist > Covert Coupe

Carrollton Heist is slowly becoming....better than Covert Coupe :nerd:.

Black Rally Stripes has automatically become a top 10 Curren$y track

Man idk. I got em on a CD back to back & theyre bout even now...dude really is the most consistent in the game smh

They're about even but my only criticism for both tapes is song duration. Covert Coupe only has 3 songs over 3 minutes. Carrollton Heist has 5.

I would love an extended version of Double 07 and 500 Pounds of Gas. Those are two of my favorite beats and they always cut out before I can really get into it. Like I can zone out to The Type because the beat is insane and it's so long, plus how the beat fades out and in in the middle of the song.

I can go back to Covert Coupe after listening over a hundred times and if I :pimp: enough I swear I still pick up on sound effects or parts of the beat I've never noticed before. Alchemist put a lot of work into perfecting these beats. Dude is incredible. I didn't realize that he made the beat for We Gonna Make It by Jadakiss. He almost gave that beat to Jay-Z. Thank god he didn't.

Ja-da muahhhhh I'll kiss you you ***** *** ***** :nthat: wow never even knew that beat almost went to hov. Even though the song is perfect as is would have been interesting to see what jay would of did on it. Also we all know its magic every time alchemist and spitta link up but man I'd lose it if he ever did a tape with madlib. Tape would be beyond flames.

Last edited:
Ja-da muahhhhh I'll kiss you you ***** *** ***** :nthat: wow never even knew that beat almost went to hov. Even though the song is perfect as is would have been interesting to see what jay would of did on it. Also we all know its magic every time alchemist and spitta link up but man I'd lose it if he ever did a tape with madlib. Tape would be beyond flames.

Jay had Izzo (H.O.V.A.). It would be straight up unfair if he had that beat (along with all the other bangers like Renegade, Heart of the City, etc...) and We Gonna Make It on The Blueprint. Can you imagine? I'm sure he'd kill it. I'm a Jay-Z fan also but what Jada and Styles did on that beat was magical.

"Might find your man dead in the ocean
[SP]
He be aight though
[JK]
You know dead rappers get better promotion"

Beatsmith Alchemist has worked with Hip Hop titans like Nas, Eminem, Prodigy and Action Bronson, among others. Aside from producing four studio albums, Alchemist has contributed to over a dozen more.

During the debut episode of ItsTheReal's podcast, "A Waste Of Time", the Beverly Hills-bred beat maker told the hosts Eric and Jeff Rosenthal about a Jay Z collaboration that never came to fruition. Instead, the track, "We Gonna Make It" ultimately landed in Jadakiss and Styles P's hands.

Before Jay Z or Jadakiss heard the track, Nas had a chance to make the song his.

"I laid that beat for Nas," Alchemist recalls. "I had the beat, I knew it was dope. I played it for Nas... He and Horse said it's gonna be a solo song."

Two weeks later, Alchemist returned to find out the track had been given to another artist. He declined that collaboration and was introduced to Jadakiss by a friend.

Alchemist played several tracks for Jada at the studio in Yonkers and the Lox rapper turned his favorite beat into "We Gonna Make It", a single off of his debut album Kiss Tha Game Goodbye.

This is just further proof that as much as I love Nas, dude can't pick the right beats to save his life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom