The official DC Animated movies thread

Guys please don't troll me, but what the heck is the difference between the new 52 and rebirth????

i'm so confused....

It's weird, New 52 is technically a reboot of everything, everyone got new origins, stories, etc...

Rebirth is somewhat of a way to bring back everything that happened before the New52 reboot.

They are pretty much combining the New52 being with the old continuity, at least that's how I understand it.

Guys please don't troll me, but what the heck is the difference between the new 52 and rebirth????

i'm so confused....

The New 52 was a universal change to all of their titles, DC's grand experiment so-to-speak, in order to make the stories more accessible to new readers, by erasing the years of continuity and stories that had existed beforehand, which they felt made it difficult for new readers to jump into the books. As such, titles were cancelled, characters disappeared into limbo, and things were started from almost zero, with the idea being that the universe, or at least heroes existing in the DCU, was only 5 years old. So, per the New 52, Superman and the others all started operating only 5 years ago. There were a lot of changes that took place in the universes of specific characters, such as both of Superman's parents being dead, The Flash (Barry Allen) no longer being married to and having kids and grandkids with Iris West, Wonder Woman dating Superman, etc.

DC Rebirth is basically DC admitting that they maybe, sort of, possibly ****** up with the New 52, or at least went too far in their attempt to reboot things. So, they're now taking the New 52 and returning to basics, with the return of a number of old concepts that were loved before the New 52, but not carried over to it. This includes the return of the original Wally West as The Flash (Barry Allen is still around too of course), the return of Pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois Lane, who are married with a son, the reformation of the classic Birds of Prey, the revelation that the original Teen Titans did exist and were/are a team, Green Arrow and Black Canary getting back together, etc.

So, Rebirth is continuing after the New 52. The former still happened, but the latter is explaining in-universe why it happened, with the reveal that it was Dr. Manhattan who transformed the world before the New 52 into the New 52, by stealing approximately 10 years from the world.

WTH? Sounds like a mess. So they did the reboot but didn't do it well or people weren't feeling it so they mixed it up with some of the OG stuff and now connected the before and after by saying Doctor Manhattan caused it? That's a fox studios xmen kinda move.

WTH? Sounds like a mess. So they did the reboot but didn't do it well or people weren't feeling it so they mixed it up with some of the OG stuff and now connected the before and after by saying Doctor Manhattan caused it? That's a fox studios xmen kinda move.

Pretty much.

They didn't do it well and people weren't feeling it. Granted, the entire thing wasn't trash. There were some genuinely good, if not great, storylines/titles that came out of it. However, the entire thing was doomed from the start in my opinion, because of poor planning. Both Dan Didio and Geoff Johns have admitted that there was a lack of unity regarding what direction writers were supposed to take and it shows across multiple series. People were predicting for a while that something like this was going to happen. I applaud them for being willing to, at least, own up to it and actively try to change the direction. And thus far, Rebirth has been great. Only thing i'm not really feeling is bringing Doc Manhattan into all of this.

Wonder Woman and Batman >>

Best thing from the New 52 when I was reading it was the Court of Owls.

The Green Lantern books were never really affected by the Flashpoint. The main GL series dipped in quality after Geoff Johns left, but the other books were all great. Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians, Red Lanterns, Sinestro, and the minis.

Superman and Wonder Woman > Superman and Lois, IMO.

I agree to some extent, though i'm not a big Superman fan, so it typically doesn't matter, because i'm not reading his stories anyways :lol: Solid arguments can be made for both relationships in my opinion, that Lois Lane grounds Superman with humanity, reminding him of their best qualities, while Wonder Woman has the ability to stand with him as an equal and fully take part in the fantastic nature of his stories, etc.

i'm so confused....
honestly it sounds like Flashpoint 2.0 then an uh oh we fkd up. redo it one more time cuz people getting pissed yall lol

honestly it sounds like Flashpoint 2.0 then an uh oh we fkd up. redo it one more time cuz people getting pissed yall lol

It's best to just take the stories as they come and judge them on their merits.

The problem with 70 year old characters is the ever-present issue of the sliding timeline and new reader accessibility--but this is one of those rare situations where it goes away if you just ignore it.

Take Marvel. They give no real damns about their timeline and generally just give us new stories and characters without a bunch of unnecesary extra editorial/in-universe context.

What meta streamlining Marvel does perform (Secret Wars) is usually done in a minimal sense (therefore done well) and never a matter of astronomical editorial changes or rebooting

Last edited:
Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment have revealed a new image from the upcoming Teen Titans: The Judas Contract and announced its annual WonderCon tradition will continue as the exclusive World Premiere for the film will happen at the convention. The animated original movie will premiere on the evening of Friday, March 31, 2017 at WonderCon Anaheim in the Arena of the Anaheim Convention Center. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will screen at 6:00pm in the 4,000-seat Arena, followed by a panel discussion amongst the film’s acting stars and filmmakers.

The entertaining post-screening panel will feature Sean Maher (Firefly/Serenity, Batman: Bad Blood), the voice of Nightwing; Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story) as Raven; Jake T. Austin (Wizards of Waverly Place, The Fosters) as Blue Beetle; Brandon Soo Hoo (Tropic Thunder, From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series) as Beast Boy; Kari Wahlgren (Phineas and Ferb, Legion of Superheroes) as Starfire; and Stuart Allan (Batman vs. Robin, Batman: Bad Blood) as Robin/Damian; plus director Sam Liu (Batman: The Killing Joke), supervising producer James Tucker (Batman Bad Blood, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders) and character designer Phil Bourassa (Justice League Dark, Young Justice).

Inspired by the 1984 DC story arc from Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract finds the Teen Titans – Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Blue Beetle, Robin and the just-returned Nightwing – working as a cohesive team in their never-ending battle against evil. But their newest teammate, the mysterious and powerful Terra (voiced by Christina Ricci), may be altering that dynamic. Meanwhile, an ancient evil, Brother Blood (Gregg Henry), has awakened, and familiar foe Deathstroke (the late Miguel Ferrer) is lurking in the shadows – both waiting to pounce. Ultimately, the Teen Titans will need to battle their enemies and their own doubts to unite and overcome the malicious forces around them in this twisting tale of intrigue, adventure and deception.

Fans will have the opportunity to meet the cast on Friday, March 31 when all of the Teen Titans: The Judas Contract panelists will sign limited edition, WonderCon Anaheim exclusive mini-posters at the DC Entertainment booth. An encore presentation of Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (without an accompanying panel) is slated for Sunday, April 2 at 3:15pm in the Arena.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract will be distributed on Digital HD starting April 4, 2017, and on Blu-ray Deluxe Edition, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD beginning April 18, 2017.

View media item 2366429

Last edited:
Preview Image From Upcoming “Batman and Harley Quinn” Animated Movie

A preview image from the upcoming Batman and Harley Quinn animated feature is spotlighted on the iTunes Extras page for the Teen Titans: The Judas Contract animated feature. Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is set to hit shelves come April 2017. No official details for Batman and Harley Quinn have been released as of yet, save for the movie title and Bruce Timm’s involvement as Producer, but that is expected to change in the coming weeks. Early details – including a trailer, cast, creative team and release date – are expected to be announced shortly. Until then, continue below for a first look at the upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie title.

View media item 2380526

Last edited:
:lol:. I like how they addressed what the audience would think. Like what if she was some intergalactic baby murderer?

Seeing some of the classic Titans together always makes me want to read the New Teen Titans era again.

ya know I heard that. the BM & HQ  movie is supposed to be a step up from killing joke because that movie wasn't received well and Bruce Timm aint goin out like no ***** lol

I'm feeling this Judas Contract. Nightwing finally getting his shine. Animation is great. And only 20 mins into it.

Back
Top Bottom