The official DC Animated movies thread

got the same one and that thing is awesome

replaceable eyes, mouth and hands are great too

yup, no SDCC though :frown:

'Dexter' Star Cast in Gotham:Gaslight Animated Film!

Revealed by Jennifer Carpenter herself during her Q&A panel at Wizard World St. Louis, the talented actress will be providing the voice of 'Catwoman' in the animated adaptation.

Gotham by Gaslight is an "Elseworld" story by Brian Augustyn and Mike Mignola where in the Victorian Era, a string of murders has the city on edge. The targets are all women and the suspect is none other than the "Bat-Man". However, the real killer is alot closer than the dark hero thinks and he must act fast to clear his name before it's too late.

Fans of the story know that Catwoman wasn't in the "Gotham by Gaslight" story, so it's interesting to see how she will fit into a universe where the women are being murdered. Popular website IGN said the comic is" as taut and well-conceived a graphic novel as you can find-Elseworlds or otherwise."

Yooooooo! If they're really going to start animating the Elseworld's comics I need a film for Superman: Red Son and Vampire Batman ASAP.

Poison Ivy with that New Batman Adventures style design though
smokin.gif
You know, Bruce Timm and Paul Dini should really be proud of themselves for creating Harley Quinn. Random character who appeared in the original animated series, who has become, by far, one of the most popular female characters at DC. At this point she might even be the most popular female character in fact. I think Wonder Woman's the only other female that's competing with her. Kevin Conroy will always be the person I associate with Batman's voice. Same with Loren as Robin/Nightwing. This looks like it'll be really good and will wash away the stink of Timm's failure with Killing Joke.
Loren did a great job as robin. but id let DC get away with Will Friedle being the voice of Nightwing too.

Saw Judas contract over the weekend....it was good my only gripe is they need to chill out with all the sex jokes man. I get it, theyre damn near adults, SF and NW got something goin on but damn this aint sausage party. I dnt need a sex joke every other scene man

You uncomfortable about sex or something? They didn't say much. I was more uncomfortable about Terra/Slade than jokes.

You uncomfortable about sex or something? They didn't say much. I was more uncomfortable about Terra/Slade than jokes.
Nah, just felt like the jokes were too forced. But yea even though it's comic accurate that terra slade ish was kinda.....

Nah, that was straight Pedo status with Slade. Terra coming out in the night gown . Smh

Last edited:
The Batman/Batgirl thing in the Killing Joke was way more awkward than Slade getting in Terra's head imo ....*cringe*

judas contract was cool, only had slight issues.. didn't read the original comic so didn't expect that the terra/slade thing

also the transition from the beginning to main story was a little awkward, so wasn't sure how old exactly robin was when him and SF went at it

also having beast boy on both squads seemed kinda odd considering they were going with a whole new squad with NW and SF being a bit older than they were in the original

and killing joke terrible and takes the cake, that shhh wasn't necessary  

Is Warner Bros. planning an R-rated Watchmen animated feature?

FilmBuffOnline is reporting that one may be on the way, via an online marketing survey a reader forwarded to the site. According to the survey, which you can see below, Warner Bros. is looking at interest in a direct-to-video feature. In it, the Watchmen animated feature is referred to as “upcoming.”

It also states that this would be, “A faithful adaptation of the Watchmen graphic novel executed in an animation style that mirrors the source material,” as well as saying that the film has an, “anticipated MPAA R rating.”

View media item 2404592

Last edited:
I checked out JC yesterday and I enjoyed it. I just wish Grayson can get that illusive win in a fight. I know Deathstroke is Deathstroke but even Dame gives Richard them hands. Speaking of Dame, has his fighting skills regressed under Bats? Maybe it's because he ain't kill dudes but he just isn't what he used to be.

If I didn't already own that on DVD i'd cop it too. Hell, I might cop it again just because of how good it is :lol:

What are the odds that they transfer Sub-Zero too? I never got them on DVD. Been holding out for too long for Blu-ray's. So hyped for Phantasm.

Back
Top Bottom