The Official Fantasy Football Thread

^ok ok. I will side with you guys. I like Britt and Felix's potential to be RB/WR1> Charles' current situation
ohwell.gif

Just sucks cuz I'm the biggest Charles fan in the world
laugh.gif

You guys dont think steve smith will get big yards and rec's on greenbay? I mean yea Woodson but idk lol

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I just wrote up a Power Rankings for my $$ league that I do with a bunch of friends from home... Am I the only one that does that?
laugh.gif

I'm commish for my work league and we do that
laugh.gif
. We have each league member send in rankings to me, I averaged them up, rank them and write commentaries
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

So I guess Charles 5.6 YPC last game was a fluke too? 

Jags offense has been atrocious for years...MJD has still been a top 5-10 back every year. Titans offense is garbage too, CJ still gets his. McNabb threw for 39 $%!$#%! yards, are people panicking about AP?...What makes the Chiefs different?

look at the top 6 backs in the league:
AP
CJ
DMC
Charles
Rice
Shady

Outside of McCoy, none of those offenses are really anything to brag about. Those dudes still get theirs. Just flat-out do not agree with the assessment that since the Chiefs suck, so will Charles.

If you want to put all your eggs in the Charles basket, go right ahead.

Im telling you that Charles isnt the player he was last year.

I would trade for Charles but keep in mind who they play the 2nd half of the season. Last 7 weeks of the season they play: Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets, Packers, Raiders, Broncos. Other than the Broncos, I have a feeling points will be hard to come by for Charles.

I get:

Peyton Hillis

I give:

Jermichael Finley

My TE: Aaron Henandez
My RB: LeSean McCoy, Moreno, Lynch, Tate, McGahee, Michael Bush

I'm looking at picking up a qb the choices are orton cutler Fitzpatrick henne. I already know who I'm picking who would you guys pick up

Originally Posted by frankl1001

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I just wrote up a Power Rankings for my $$ league that I do with a bunch of friends from home... Am I the only one that does that?
laugh.gif

I'm commish for my work league and we do that
laugh.gif
. We have each league member send in rankings to me, I averaged them up, rank them and write commentaries
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I do this too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
most of the guys love it. I get thank you letters at the end of the year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Point taken blazin... I still think it's a crappy trade for sactown. 
laugh.gif
I appreciate the feedback and input from all of you!

Originally Posted by Durden7

Jags offense has been atrocious for years...MJD has still been a top 5-10 back every year. Titans offense is garbage too, CJ still gets his. McNabb threw for 39 $%!$#%! yards, are people panicking about AP?...What makes the Chiefs different?

AP
CJ
DMC
Charles
Rice
Shady

Outside of McCoy, none of those offenses are really anything to brag about. Those dudes still get theirs. Just flat-out do not agree with the assessment that since the Chiefs suck, so will Charles.

I don't have him on any of my teams, and I don't see how rcksactown's trade is putting "all his eggs in one basket" when he has Rice as well.

Outside of AP, McFadden and Shady, no other RB had a better YPC than Charles yesterday. I really don't see how he's regressing.
Their schedule is a legitimate point, but acting like he's falling off or some %#%$ is not justified at all. Track-star RB's who average 6 yards a carry for their career over three seasons, amassing 3,000 yards in under 500 carries...they do not come around every day. Charles is a rare talent and I'll bet anything that barring an inury, he will finish in the top 6 RB's.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I get:

Peyton Hillis

I give:

Jermichael Finley

My TE: Aaron Henandez
My RB: LeSean McCoy, Moreno, Lynch, Tate, McGahee, Michael Bush
doesn't sound like a bad trade at all, you can use Hillis as your #2

Better pickup

Tolbert or Fred jackson ?

PPR League

and would you drop Mark Ingram for either of those two ?

Originally Posted by Durden7

AP
CJ
DMC
Charles
Rice
Shady

I don't have him on any of my teams, and I don't see how rcksactown's trade is putting "all his eggs in one basket" when he has Rice as well.

Outside of AP, McFadden and Shady, no other RB had a better YPC than Charles yesterday. I really don't see how he's regressing.
Their schedule is a legitimate point, but acting like he's falling off or some %#%$ is not justified at all. Track-star RB's who average 6 yards a carry for their career over three seasons, amassing 3,000 yards in under 500 carries...they do not come around every day. Charles is a rare talent and I'll bet anything that barring an inury, he will finish in the top 6 RB's.

Here is my roster again for Durden to take a glance at, I'm pretty happy with it at the moment but always looking to improve.

PEYTON MANNING'S NECK (1-0)
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACQ
QBJosh Freeman, TB QB PTrade
RBTim Hightower, Wsh RBDraft
RBRay Rice, Bal RBTrade
RB/WRSteve Smith, Car WRDraft
WRMiles Austin, Dal WR PDraft
WRKenny Britt, Ten WRDraft
TETodd Heap, Ari TEFree Agency
D/STGiants D/ST D/STDraft
KAdam Vinatieri, Ind KDraft
BenchFelix Jones, Dal RBDraft
BenchMichael Bush, Oak RBDraft
BenchJay Cutler, Chi QBDraft
BenchJared Cook, Ten TEDraft
IR

Here are a few other rosters in my 16 team league just to get a feel for how thin this league is/how I did compared to these folks. The last roster is the guy I'm trying to trade with.

ONE-MAN WOLF PACK (1-0)
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACQ
QBTony Romo, Dal QBDraft
RBMichael Turner, Atl RBDraft
RBRyan Mathews, SD RBDraft
RB/WRDonald Driver, GB WRDraft
WRA.J. Green, Cin WRDraft
WRBraylon Edwards, SF WRDraft
TEKellen Winslow, TB TEDraft
D/STChiefs D/ST D/STDraft
KRyan Longwell, Min KFree Agency
BenchSteven Jackson, StL RB QDraft
BenchSidney Rice, Sea WR QDraft
BenchSteve Breaston, KC WRDraft
BenchEarl Bennett, Chi WRDraft
IR

HUNGRY HIPPOS (0-1)
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACQ
QBJoe Flacco, Bal QBDraft
RBFrank Gore, SF RBDraft
RBShonn Greene, NYJ RBDraft
RB/WRMario Manningham, NYG WRDraft
WRCalvin Johnson, Det WRDraft
WRMike Williams, TB WRDraft
TEJimmy Graham, NO TEDraft
D/STChargers D/ST D/STDraft
KRob Bironas, Ten KDraft
BenchWillis McGahee, Den RBDraft
BenchBrandon Pettigrew, Det TEDraft
BenchCadillac Williams, StL RBDraft
BenchDevin Hester, Chi WRFree Agency
IR

HOLD MY ****! (0-1)
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACQ
QBMatt Ryan, Atl QBDraft
RBJamaal Charles, KC RBDraft
RBDeAngelo Williams, Car RBDraft
RB/WRDanny Woodhead, NE RBDraft
WRDwayne Bowe, KC WRDraft
WRMike Thomas, Jac WRDraft
TEZach Miller, Sea TEDraft
D/STRaiders D/ST D/STDraft
KMason Crosby, GB KDraft
BenchMarques Colston*, NO WR ODraft
BenchChad Ochocinco, NE WRDraft
BenchDexter McCluster, KC WR, RBDraft
BenchKyle Orton, Den QBDraft
IR

^I know
laugh.gif
I'm gonna drop Heap for Fred Davis
ohwell.gif
I'm still holding out hope that in a few weeks Cook is gonna blossom into a Finley Jr.

TE's available include:

Scott Chandler...
Fred Davis
Visanthe Shaincoe
Ed Dickson
Ben Watson
Evan Moore
nerd.gif

so the pickings are thin at TE.

Freeman/Rice/Charles/Hightower/Austin/Smitty is better than any of those other squads by a long-shot. I'm sorry, but I take that trade all day.

I'd drop Cook over Heap. Go for Dickson and Davis out of that bunch. the Skins offense will be a lot better this year, and the same with the Ravens. both of those dudes are talented as well.

^even with my current squad I feel like I'm 3 levels above everyone else
laugh.gif
I guess I just like having a serviceable bench.

laugh.gif
Felix Jones would be starting on any of those other 15 teams easily

Yea I agree with blazin only others Chandler but he's iffy got to see another game with him and shaincoe

Back
Top Bottom