The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Need help quick!

Do I do Felix Jones and Kenny Britt for Jamaal Charles..... this is in my 16 team league. here is my current roster:
My heart say this is a no brainer, but I am losing depth in such a deep league
frown.gif
I can't decide

PEYTON MANNING'S NECK (1-0)
SLOTPLAYER, TEAM POSACQ
QBJosh Freeman, TB QB PTrade
RBTim Hightower, Wsh RBDraft
RBRay Rice, Bal RBTrade
RB/WRSteve Smith, Car WRDraft
WRMiles Austin, Dal WR PDraft
WRKenny Britt, Ten WRDraft
TETodd Heap, Ari TEFree Agency
D/STGiants D/ST D/STDraft
KAdam Vinatieri, Ind KDraft
BenchFelix Jones, Dal RBDraft
BenchMichael Bush, Oak RBDraft
BenchJay Cutler, Chi QBDraft
BenchJared Cook, Ten TEDraft
IR
Stay away from Charles.

Have you seen that KC offense?  It's TERRRRIBLE.

I feel you on that. But I feel like even with an awful offense Charles is bound to make some noise right?

^So say no to that trade
nerd.gif

I think I was just really in love with the idea of having Charles and Rice on my squad
laugh.gif

Does anyone not like Frank Gore? I feel like that offense just blows and it won't be good for him.

No way I'm giving up on Gore yet. He is the Niners offense. Had a pretty poor showing this week, which you could partially blame to Ted Ginn going wild, but he still had 78 yards and 25 touches. He's a workhorse, and he'll get you a couple 20 point games. 

Never played in a league that deep before, but I'd definitely do it.
Rice/Charles/Hightower/Austin/Smitty. Pretty solid.

Your depth is shot, so bye weeks will be horrendous, but I'm sure that's nothing new in a 16-team league.

Swag, I wouldn't just because Woodhead's production is so unpredictable and Caddy had 140 yards in S-Jax's absence, who is perpetually injured. Caddy's stock is worth more than that right now IMO.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

No way I'm giving up on Gore yet. He is the Niners offense. Had a pretty poor showing this week, which you could partially blame to Ted Ginn going wild, but he still had 78 yards and 25 touches. He's a workhorse, and he'll get you a couple 20 point games. 

Almost half his yards came on two carries though.  Can't blame Ted Ginn for taking away from Gore when he had something like 25 yards on two carries and then another 34 on the other 20 carries.  I think he's in the same category as Charles, as the offense goes they go.  But they're both valuable in PPR leagues, that's where I got the majority of my points with Charles this week.  KC was a big matchups team last year and I think it's more the same this year.  An overall overrated team that piles on #'s when they face the bad teams.

Never played in a league that deep before, but I'd definitely do it.
Rice/Charles/Hightower/Austin/Smitty. Pretty solid.
Appreciate it man. My bye weeks are AWFUL with Austin/Jones already so it wouldn't really matter either way
laugh.gif

I feel you on that. But I feel like even with an awful offense Charles is bound to make some noise right?

Charles isnt that good.

He gad a great season last year under Weis, but with him gone and that team regressing, hes going to struggle big time.

NVM this guy wants to give me Santonio Holmes for Cadillac Williams straight up. Pull the trigger?
I already have Ray Rice, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Earnest Graham at RB, and Hakeem Nicks, Anquan Boldin, Julio Jones, Jacoby Jones at WR

Trying to swing Bowe/Lawfirm for Miles Austin/Ced Benson.

Owners a deadbeat though, didn't even start a QB for week1
grin.gif

Hillis and Brandon Marshall for Forte

I have Forte and I'm just skeptical of Hillis after his week 1 performance. And that Madden curse ain't no joke boooah
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

Hillis and Brandon Marshall for Forte

I have Forte and I'm just skeptical of Hillis after his week 1 performance. And that Madden curse ain't no joke boooah
pimp.gif
The Bengals were the only team to stop Hillis last year, he wasn't that bad.

Wash defense this weekend
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

yea i'm getting holmes..pull the trigger?
yes. Steven Jackson will be back eventually, making Caddy's value ZERO when that happens.

True
But what team would you rather have...?

Romo

Gore

Foster

Maclin

Bowe

Britt

Romo

Hillis

Foster

Miles Austin

Britt

Bowe

The trade would be Gore and Maclin for Austin and Hillis...or I could trade Bowe and Gore for hillis and Austin.

I'm not offering the trade, it's been offered to me, just looking for some imput but I'm leaning still towards no. I think I could get a better back.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Charles isnt that good.

He gad a great season last year under Weis, but with him gone and that team regressing, hes going to struggle big time.

No, he's THAT good. It's one game. Chiefs don't get him the ball enough. I watched almost that entire game Sunday and he got 4-5 yards it seemed every carry. 
He's not going to put up last years #'s though, but he's still good for 1,200 and 9+ TD's

Originally Posted by SCuse7

True
But what team would you rather have...?

Romo

Gore

Foster

Maclin

Bowe

Britt

Romo

Hillis

Foster

Miles Austin

Britt

Bowe

The trade would be Gore and Maclin for Austin and Hillis...or I could trade Bowe and Gore for hillis and Austin.

I'm not offering the trade, it's been offered to me, just looking for some imput but I'm leaning still towards no. I think I could get a better back.
Austin and Hillis. 

Yeah, take Holmes and never look back.
Charles isnt that good.
Strongly disagree. Skill-wise, he's at least a top-5 rusher (IMO he's 3rd right behind AP and CJ). The man averages 6 YPC, for his career.

The Chiefs were down by 30+ yesterday, so of course he only got 10 carries (for 56 yards, mind you) so that's not exactly his fault. He makes things happen when he gets the ball, period.

Y'all are so damn impatient man
laugh.gif
it's a 16-game season, you gotta keep things in perspective.

Back
Top Bottom