The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by VickBuck717

Jahvid Best for Mike Williams TB. PPR league where big play TD's are bonuses; is that an equal value trade?
Who are you getting? I prefer Williams...

are you in a sorority? how the hell did you get Rice, McCoy and MJD in a 12-team league?

Williams over Best, especially in PPR.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

are you in a sorority? how the hell did you get Rice, McCoy and MJD in a 12-team league?

Williams over Best, especially in PPR.
Exactly, you're already set at RB and you're getting a good team WR1

lol it was a 1 player keeper league, so i kept Rice.. Drafted Roddy, traded him for MoJo. Drafted Mike Wallace & Felix Jones & traded for Shady & Burleson.

Someone dropped Brandford in one of my leagues. I have Big Ben and Cutler at QB, should I pick him up?

My team:

QB: Big Ben, Cutler
RB: Mendenhall, MJD, Tolbert, Tate
WR: DeSeasn, Britt, Austin, Knox, Branch
TE: Finley, Tony Gonzalez
D: Eagles
K: Rackers

I was think of dropping either Tate, Knox or Branch? The league is 2 RB's, 2 WR's and 1 RB/WR. Is it worth holding onto 3 QB's tho?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^no not really worth it.

And for what it's worth, I'd do that trade for Jamaal Charles.

Your RB's are stacked, but Charles is a good RB. I had him last year and being a Raider fan, I made it a point to watch a lot of Chiefs games. He has talent that you don't just lose over a season.
His schedule is tough, but he is the Chiefs offense and I'll be tremendously surprised if they continue a 50/50 timeshare with Thomas Jones again. Jones' YPC is steadily declining and is just over 3.0 YPC. That's not going to get it done, plus Charles does a ton of damage out of the backfield as a receiver as well.

Plus you have Ray Rice. That's two bonafide RB's.

BUT, for that trade, I'd ask for Woodhead over Ochocinco. At least for now, Woodhead is a better play than Chad...until he becomes comfortable in that offense.

OH, and I'm also dropping Todd Heap for Ed Dickson. I'm also considering Scott Chandler in Buffalo. Bills fans are pretty excited about his preseason play and obviously his opening game. Apparently, he's a good blocking and receiving TE. Plus with Fitzpatrick NOT having a strong arm, he's looking for a ton of underneath and intermediate passes and hence Chandler being
a great target.

Tough choice.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^no not really worth it.

And for what it's worth, I'd do that trade for Jamaal Charles.

Your RB's are stacked, but Charles is a good RB. I had him last year and being a Raider fan, I made it a point to watch a lot of Chiefs games. He has talent that you don't just lose over a season.
His schedule is tough, but he is the Chiefs offense and I'll be tremendously surprised if they continue a 50/50 timeshare with Thomas Jones again. Jones' YPC is steadily declining and is just over 3.0 YPC. That's not going to get it done, plus Charles does a ton of damage out of the backfield as a receiver as well.

Plus you have Ray Rice. That's two bonafide RB's.

BUT, for that trade, I'd ask for Woodhead over Ochocinco. At least for now, Woodhead is a better play than Chad...until he becomes comfortable in that offense.

OH, and I'm also dropping Todd Heap for Ed Dickson. I'm also considering Scott Chandler in Buffalo. Bills fans are pretty excited about his preseason play and obviously his opening game. Apparently, he's a good blocking and receiving TE. Plus with Fitzpatrick NOT having a strong arm, he's looking for a ton of underneath and intermediate passes and hence Chandler being
a great target.

Tough choice.
Thanks for the insight man. Whoever I get with Charles, I don't think I will ever really need to start barring injury, except maybe week 5 due to bye weeks. But even then, whoever I am getting with Charles I am not too worried about other than trying to have a nice looking bench.
I will be staying up tonight waiting for waivers to clear and picking up a new TE for sure tho
laugh.gif

Anytime, I think you're fine with or without that deal being made, but having two Top 10 (maybe even 5) RB's presents your squad with more upside.

I'm a gambler so I'd roll with the potential.

Pick 1 RB:

Cadillac vs Giants
Knowshon vs Bengals
McGahee vs Bengals

Pick 1 D/ST:

Bears @ Saints
Cards vs Skins
Texans @ Dolphins
Bills vs Raiders
Or what other defense should I pick up?

Pick 1 and why:

Blount @ Min
- I'm so confused now after the last game. Earnest Graham??

Pierre vs. Chi
- Looks like an even split with the rookie... this dude's a hit or miss IMO

McGahee vs. Cin
- After Knowshon's non-existence and injury last week, and his proficiency at the goal line, I was thinking he'd be my RB sleeper

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Pick 1 RB:

Cadillac vs Giants

Knowshon vs Bengals

McGahee vs Bengals

Pick 1 D/ST:

Bears @ Saints

Cards vs Skins

Texans @ Dolphins

Bills vs Raiders

Or what other defense should I pick up?

Caddy.... He'll be the workhorse. Knowshon/McGahee are gonna be splitting even more carries and McGahee will be getting more goalline looks. So its a roll of the dice with either one.

Texans D. Maybe Rams' D or whoever the Colts are playing.

Originally Posted by tHrAsHeR08

Pick one:

Kolb @ Washington

Fitzpatrick vs Oakland

and

Meachem vs Chicago

Burleson vs KC

Tough call, probably Kolb though. Oakland D line>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buffalo O Line

Berleson, but only by a small margin over Meachem. So you really couldn't go wrong with either one.

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Pick 1 and why:

Blount @ Min

- I'm so confused now after the last game. Earnest Graham??

Pierre vs. Chi

- Looks like an even split with the rookie... this dude's a hit or miss IMO

McGahee vs. Cin

- After Knowshon's non-existence and injury last week, and his proficiency at the goal line, I was thinking he'd be my RB sleeper

Blount is still your best shot. Earnest Graham is nothing to be worried about, he got touches cuz he is their passing down back. Pierre is in a 3 man committee
laugh.gif
McGahee isn't even worth looking at unless he proves he will start doing something with his limited touches, especially in goalline situations. But if Knowshon is out for a week or what not then sure.

Need help guys

In a PPR League

Rb: Pick 2
Hightower - vs Arizona
Reggie Bush vs Houston
MJD - vs NYJ

My take is Reggie and Hightower just because NYJ D is good and Reggie will hopefully get a ton of catches

WR:  Pick one
Sims walker vs NYG
AJ Green vs Denver
Anthony Armstrong vs Arizona

My take: Sims-Walker? talk of him getting the slot position so in a PPR league im thinking he may be good for 5+ catches

Originally Posted by tHrAsHeR08

Pick one:
Kolb @ Washington
Fitzpatrick vs Oakland

and

Meachem vs Chicago
Burleson vs KC
Kolb vs Wash
Burleson vs KC --- Berry out, KC defense is struggling, he's the clear #2 guy on DET, Brees spreads it around a lot, Meachem while good, is too risky.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Need help guys

In a PPR League

Rb: Pick 2
Hightower - vs Arizona
Reggie Bush vs Houston
MJD - vs NYJ

My take is Reggie and Hightower just because NYJ D is good and Reggie will hopefully get a ton of catches

WR:  Pick one
Sims walker vs NYG
AJ Green vs Denver
Anthony Armstrong vs Arizona

My take: Sims-Walker? talk of him getting the slot position so in a PPR league im thinking he may be good for 5+ catches
RB - Hightower and Bush.
WR - Green.

im in desperate need of a qb i have chad henne and bradford but i dont trust them yet

should i offer s.moss and todd heap for joe flacco?

is that a good deal for me? i have boldin and britt also picked up doucet

Looking for backup TE's and Olsen, Owen Daniels and Tood Heap are availiable. Not sure who to go with though
ohwell.gif
  all solid choices. 

Back
Top Bottom