The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

"Put up or shutup" and "shut up and buy" is the same thing in the context of this discussion.... You're expecting people to either buy whatever crap they are handed and saying if they don't they have no right to voice their opinion.

Changes don't get made by "keeping it moving".

You say its complaining... I say its criticizing an inferior product and calling it like it is.

"Put up or shutup" and "shut up and buy" is the same thing in the context of this discussion.... You're expecting people to either buy whatever crap they are handed and saying if they don't they have no right to voice their opinion.

Changes don't get made by "keeping it moving".

You say its complaining... I say its criticizing an inferior product and calling it like it is.

No :lol:

Calling it like it is proving what? What are you gaining out of this? Self accomplishment?

Oh yeah, you told Nike bruh. They're feeling so guilty right now..

You're taking my post and making it mean what you want it to mean to try to further advance your points...

I'm never in a thread about some shoes I don't like or don't intend on buying complaining. Thats a waste of time.

I get what you're saying, g.

But "shut up and buy" and "put up or shut up" are different. Shutup and buy is me telling you to just buy the **** even if you don't like it. Put up or shut up is me saying, "yo, if you don't like it. Thats cool. But why do ya'll always have to complain? Keep it moving if you aren't happy with it."

I really don't think you guys realize how much you complain around here...

I'm over the discussion though.

Sorry for calling ya'll crybabies... Seeing as to how thats how I snatched up all them jimmies...

I even got BLATERCOMBO's jimmies. Who would have thought?..

Haha, no young padawan, you still have much to learn...... [emoji]128121[/emoji]

Its ok to be in denial :lol:

You jimmies are in good hands my brother...

Last edited:
PRIME PRIME you just said if someone doesn't like something why complain about it? Your logic is severely flawed. How else would a person bring about change if they say nothing? Niketalk is built off people with a passion for shoe collecting. If you don't like complaining this isn't the site for you. As long as Nike keeps tryna get over on consumers there will be complaining. Not everyone is willing to let a billion dollar company work em out of $210. I had OG FPs. I know better and won't accept just anything Nike throws out. Quality still matters to me.

PRIME PRIME you just said if someone doesn't like something why complain about it? Your logic is severely flawed. How else would a person bring about change if they say nothing? Niketalk is built off people with a passion for shoe collecting. If you don't like complaining this isn't the site for you. As long as Nike keeps tryna get over on consumers there will be complaining. Not everyone is willing to let a billion dollar company work em out of $210. I had OG FPs. I know better and won't accept just anything Nike throws out. Quality still matters to me.

What? :lol:

"If you don't like complaining this site isn't for you"... Really? I joined this site in 2003. Wasn't too much complaining going on.

So you're saying thats what NT is about now? A bunch of grown men complaining that they didn't get the shoes they wanted, the way they wanted them?

Thats what NT is about now?

Thats not the NT I joined over a decade ago...

And nobody said everyone is expected to let a billion dollar company work them out of $210...

You're only getting worked if you buy them with no sense of free will. You're only getting worked if Nike is controlling you, making you buy their products like so many sheep nowadays who buy every release.

Someone who likes the product, buys the product, and enjoys the product isn't getting worked for anything.

Someone who bought 4 pairs of Nike's product last year (myself), and enjoyed every single pair regardless of whether they were the exact same thing as the original or not isn't getting WORKED. They are a happy customer who didn't get bent out of shape over a damn pair of shoes.

:lol: Prime with the struggle troll

At least I'm not sad over a friggen shoe.

Last edited:

Calling it like it is proving what? What are you gaining out of this? Self accomplishment?

You're taking my post and making it mean what you want it to mean to try to further advance your points...

I'm never in a thread about some shoes I don't like or don't intend on buying complaining. Thats a waste of time.

Lol, you can't say something blatantly wrong and then when you're correct by a handful of people just say "I rustled your jimmies". Nobody cares if you bought them or not. It's your "minor difference", which happens to be about 85% of the shoe being changed, that everyone's talking about. You failed this time bud

Then you hit is with the obligatory "I'm done with this" post yet still talk about it. Lol

Last edited:
:lol: I dont think anyone here is sad over the shoe.

If you want to see people sad over some shoes, hit up the Yezzy thread.

Lol, you can't say something blatantly wrong and then when you're correct by a handful of people just say "I rustled your jimmies". Nobody cares if you bought them or not. It's your "minor difference", which happens to be about 85% of the shoe being changed, that everyone's talking about. You failed this time bud

Then you hit is with the obligatory "I'm done with this" post yet still talk about it. Lol

alonzo.gif

Then it is what it is bruh.

You right though... I pulled a ******* DJ PROTO.

That I am shameful for.

You can't compare Nike in 03 to what they do in 2014. Things aren't the same. YES your being worked. You just paid $210 for the FP exposed with a zipper thrown on with a terrible CF print and gloss finish. Your paying more for less. Spin it anyway you want but that's a fact. I gave up on retros a long time ago. I stick with the new sig lines and runners. Put some these Reebok or Adidas retros beside there OGs. Then put Nikes beside each other. Nikes getting over on the newer generation. As someone that's been a member since 03 you should be able to see that.

Last edited:
You can't compare Nike in 03 to what they do in 2014. Things aren't the same. YES your being worked. You just paid $210 for the FP exposed with a zipper thrown on with a terrible CF print and gloss finish. Your paying more for less. Spin it anyway you want but that's a fact. I gave up on retros a long time ago. I stick with the new sig lines and runners. Put some these Reebok or Adidas retros beside there OGs. Then put Nikes beside each other. Nikes getting over on the newer generation. As someone that's been a member since 03 you should be able to see that.

The hell are you in here for then? :lol:

Like I said before man. I got the shoe and I give no dambs. I'm not putting as much into this as some others may. I know that these shoes will be gone one day. I will wear them, and they won't be around when I look up 10 years from now. $170 in 2008 or $210 right now, either way I bought them and I plan to enjoy them. Theres no "getting worked" about it.

The hell am I supposed to do? Go buy the 2008 pair for double the price? $300 worn even?

Whats that? Getting worked twice?

Its a shoe. There are people paying 5 stacks for a pair of Nike's just because Kanye's name is on it, and I'm getting worked?

:lol:

Nike is charging this same price for a Lebron with equivalent materials and I'm getting worked?

If thats the case, EVERYONE is getting worked. So don't go pointing fingers when those new sigs and runners aren't worth their damn price either.

Hopefully the employee store has some, if not ima fork over that 210 easy held these in person and im really feeling em

Never had the OGs so i could care less about that midsole, even tho it does look worse now

View media item 820326

alonzo.gif

Then it is what it is bruh.

You right though... I pulled a ******* DJ PROTO.

That I am shameful for.
:lol: dont compare yourself to Proto man.... While its obvious you both are trying hard to justify paying too much for for some ugly sneakers... at least you got your ugly sneakers for retail :tongue:

Last edited:
I am about to cop need a quick answer.
Are these TTS ???

I would say try them on if you can honestly.

I got my usual size (11), but I know some people who had to go a half size up.

I would suggest that half size up to be safe. FP1's fit a little tight in the toes compared to some other shoes anyway

Everything that made this sneaker pop has been removed from it.

The carbon fiber print kills this retro more than the sole imo.

The original Carbon Fiber weave made these sizzle, they looked futuristic, super high quality and unique.

These just look like a bland pair of all black plastic sneakers now. Good enough to shovel snow in or hoop with, fresh out the box.

Crazy because these were models that I wanted to be retroed more than any other sneaker, period...but I have no desire for this 2014 abomination.

Look at these beauties bruh....

Carbon weave jumping out at you, medial sole wrapping around and completing the design.

View media item 820342

Last edited:
I'm in the thread because I still hold out hope Nike will one day get back to quality. Saw there was a CF retro and entered the thread. Saw the retro and voiced my displeasure. I've already said if you like em more power to you champ. I don't think people understand the weight and influence of Niketalk. If there's anyplace on the net where complaints will be heard it's here. This thread is the reason sites stopped showing medial side pics. Buying newer sigs are worth it. Their all OG with the latest Nike tech and innovation. You can't compare them to retros. PRIME PRIME

I'll end on this. I don't know anyone who wouldn't want retros to be identical to their OG counterparts. I think all of NT can agree on that. Nike has the resources to do so. Yet they give us half***** retros, sometimes the shape is off, it's missing something, material is poor, tiny air bubbles, fake CF (Griffy2) ect. On top of that they want more and more $. Js have gone up $10 2/3 years strait. At those prices, is asking for deceit quality to much from the billion dollar company I've spent almost 20 years supporting? The last truly great retro IMO was the royal Penny Foam in 07. It's been downhill since the 2nd Eggplant Foam retro. That's the moment IMO Nike knew the could get away with anything. Lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom