The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Man, these just look cheap overall

Besides the shiny carbon fiber print and midsole changes. The shroud material is thin and cheap looking and feeling. :smh:

I used to hoop in my 99's. Can these be balled in, or is the tech too old?
Yes.  Derrick Williams of the Kings and Draymond Green of the Warriors recently played in them.  Nightwing did a review on them and apparently he really liked them.

6 mons from now?
mean.gif
 they better be retooling it back to the og's to make it that long a wait

The new medial is here to stay I see. No wonder they didn't label this a retro. Flightposite 2014 is right

Yep, y'all with your OG pairs better hang on to em. These new soles ain't going anywhere. I for one don't mind em. What pisses me off is the bait and switching with that "carbon fiber" print.

Last edited:
Man, these just look cheap overall

Besides the shiny carbon fiber print and midsole changes. The shroud material is thin and cheap looking and feeling. :smh:

Yep, I agree they feel really cheap. That's more of a dealbreaker to me than the midsole and carbon fiber changes IMO.

It sucks that having DS shoes illicit having to wear them with caution because of the materials potentially not holding together.

This guy I know has a crazy stockpile of OGs, he bought 2 pairs of every Posite released since the 90s. So maybe he can't even wear some of them.

Its one cuz you kinda HAVE to get it if you loved em back in the day, cuz it MIGHT be as close as we get to real ones.

Not great. Not good. Not horrible.

It sucks that having DS shoes illicit having to wear them with caution because of the materials potentially not holding together.

This guy I know has a crazy stockpile of OGs, he bought 2 pairs of every Posite released since the 90s. So maybe he can't even wear some of them.

I think the only problem he will have are the soles which can be glued back.

I think the only problem he will have are the soles which can be glued back.

Inner midsole can crumble too. Had a pair of white navy's do that a couple years ago. So bummed since I just got them and the fell apart and crumbled.

Interested in these for hooping. Is there anywhere to use a coupon/discount to purchase?

Interested in these for hooping. Is there anywhere to use a coupon/discount to purchase?

if you don't mind the looks then you can get the no-zips for about 1/2 of retail. the carbons haven't really been discounted since they are actually selling. the best prices ive seen is when someone buys a returned pair to the nike outlets.

Inner midsole can crumble too. Had a pair of white navy's do that a couple years ago. So bummed since I just got them and the fell apart and crumbled.

Were they DS?

I might need to make sure I wear mine more frequently then.

Were they DS?

I might need to make sure I wear mine more frequently then.

nope. I got them in the mail and immediately wore them to the grocery store. by the time I got home the sole was falling off. upon pulling the sole off, there was dust from the inside midsole crumbling.

first time I ever heard of that happening.

Back
Top Bottom