The Official iPod Post - *Please read the first post.*

Question?

Ok so I turn my ipod on today and I notice a big problem....the music plays but the screen is blank but the light turns on. So i make nothing of it and turn it off. I try to turn it back on again and it doesn't turn on. Does this mean the battery is done? I tried to recharge it but its not even recharging.
FS:​
CURRENT STUFF FOR SALE​

-NADA​

how high does the volume go up without distortion as compared to a regular Discman/CD player?
depends on headphones, but the volume goes to max without distortion for me

-does is have strong bass sound? the e.q. helps with that, but i have yet to find good headphones for bass

-can it playback WMA format music files? yes

-is there enough RAM to properly play a Lossless quality file with a very highbitrate? Like 1000 kbps
yes

I don't really feel like running through the sites posted so I'll ask this right off the bat.

I bought a 4th gen 20 gb click wheel from a friend about a month or 2 ago and it works awesome. But the thing is that I see pictures of my model ipod and I'm sure it's not the video one, with color on the screen, and the screen size is exactly like mine. The thing is that mine is black and white and that was how I got it, is there some way to switch or color or is it a completley differnt model?

Quote:
I bought a 4th gen 20 gb click wheel from a friend about a month or 2 ago and it works awesome. But the thing is that I see pictures of my model ipod and I'm sure it's not the video one, with color on the screen, and the screen size is exactly like mine. The thing is that mine is black and white and that was how I got it, is there some way to switch or color or is it a completley differnt model?
Your iPod is an old model. The newer 20gb click wheels had color displays and could show photos.

So, If you have a back-up of all your songs on a Disc, and set your IPOD on manual update, you should be able to delete the songs off your computer, and add new ones without the other ones deleting?
These words of wisdom, bought to you by,Carnage

Quote:
you make all these post about Ipods and you don't even have one yet?

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2 things I never seen
a UFO and a chick I need

Music... yes i want to erase everything.. But in itunes and regular use it shows nothing is on there but the space is being took up.
y0u aint fly
tryna blame it on 9/11​

Quote:
Oh, and you CAN'T trade your ipod in for a brand new one for free. They use the apple recycling program in which you trade in your old ipod and they take off 10% towards a new one. So whatever your "boy" told you was a fib...

well in a way, you can and you cant. they will replace it for free if its a hardware problem that you didnt cause (IE, random shutoff, cant play music, etc.) but they will nto replace it for free if you broke it by dropping, leaving near water and it messes up from falling into water or any other user cause problem. my ipod would change songs while i was in the middle of listening to one song, and randomly shut off. so they replaced mine for free because it was an apple hardware problem.

they will only replace it so many times. if you drop it, or cause any effect to it yourself however, thats when they give you the 10% discount, OR if you want to upgrade ipods ( say you have a 20 gb, and you want to upgrade to a new 30 gb color. you would get 10% off the new ipod)

Quote:
Music... yes i want to erase everything.. But in itunes and regular use it shows nothing is on there but the space is being took up.

if you want to erase all your music off an ipod, just connect it to another pc with itunes that has no music in its library. it will erase it all if you have the automatic update settings.
[/b]​
<br>

Some of the accessories that are sold on ebay, those legit?
Like the ac adapter, screen protector, cover etc...

Seem pretty cheap. Will they cause any mishaps since they are not made by Apple?
.::HOUSTON::..[/center]

Quote:

Start, all programs,Ipod,ipod updater, then restore.

everything gets deleted and its good as new.

im having trouble with the volume on my ipod, its mad low. i was listening to it yesterday and it was nice and loud but today its all low and @#%$. @#%$.

well w/e. just do the freeipods things, use my link...(check sig)
[/b]​
s?ref=kHPSjJVKzV7biEuZBPftUHy7Qx8]Blingo![/url][/b]​

What should I use to conver videos into the format that can be used in the iPod video?

^ try:
psp video express
psp video 9
videora
avs video converter
cucusoft converter

psp video 9 worx best

THE PROUD.
THE U.​

Mine's coming today or tomorrow! Can't wait - 30gb Black Video.

Already got some stuff ready to throw on it when it arrives.

Just hope the stores around me aren't sold out of all the protectors (would like to get the Agent18 Video Shield).

Mdiddy.

My Hardrive completely screwed up so now my laptop is blank and i have all this music on my ipod now that i want to put more music on my ipod will i have to delete all the music i currently have, because that's what'll happen once i update right is there anyway i can save my music?

Back
Top Bottom