* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dude's might say I'm wildin' but this album is going to be a classic.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]This album is[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]THAT[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]good... [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]seriously...[/color]

pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]BP3[/color]
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]on a sidenote, what the hell is 'hate' doing on the album?[/color]
laugh.gif

Listening to it right now, as I said before, if Jay would of replaced off-that, hate, reminder, with history, bk go hard, and bk anthem, def would of been aclassic/solid album, there are about 4-6 songs that are holding this album back, I know I can't be the only one who feels this way

I feel the exact same way but hate is not that bad so i would just swap off that and reminder for bk go hard and history

and yeah i hear that skipping @@## too on Empire State of Mind idk what it is but your not the only one

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Listening to it right now, as I said before, if Jay would of replaced off-that, hate, reminder, with history, bk go hard, and bk anthem, def would of been a classic/solid album, there are about 4-6 songs that are holding this album back, I know I can't be the only one who feels this way
Haven't listened to it yet but I agree those are all solid songs and could definitely help out an album.

Still breezing through the album, but after hearing the first 2 Timbo tracks, they sound better to me now for some odd reason.

For the love of God, will someone tell Swizz Beatz to stop producing...? This %++! is TERRIBLE.

"Real As It Gets," however, is amazing.

What We Talkin Bout's beat is
sick.gif
...on some futuristic synthesizer type %%$. It's amazing this dude Shawn Carter, who turns 40 this year, is stillkillin this game.
smh.gif

J.Cole sounds better than Hova on "A Star Is Born" but still a good song. Real good album, No ID went in those tracks. If Timbo brought some heatthis would be closer to classic status. Kanye dropped the ball big time with "Haters", that shouldn't even be on the album.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

For the love of God, will someone tell Swizz Beatz to stop producing...? This %++! is TERRIBLE.

I feel the same way. Swizz is a hit or miss producer. It's even a nice track or trash. "Real As It Gets" is a hot joint. Jeezy heldhis own on it.

1. "What We Talkin' About" (featuring Luke Steele of Empire of the Sun) -
ohwell.gif
Lame, just not feeling this intro. Too long, why he aint just start this offwith Thank you? Actually if the beat was different maybe I could rock with it more.
2. "Thank You" -
pimp.gif
It's nothing that great but really good.Replay value is high
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

3. "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)" - Never loved this but it's good
4. "Run This Town" (featuring Kanye West and Rihanna) - Only heard this on the radio once. It's not as bad as yall made it out to be
laugh.gif
Kanye aint add nothing to this. I figure he on it for commercial pop appeal.
5. "Empire State of Mind" (featuring Alicia Keys) - Nothing like another hometown track to ride out too. I love Alicia
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

6. "Real As it Gets" (featuring Young Jeezy) - I don't like Young Jack @!*. Never have probably never will. Song is okay
7. "On to the Next One" (featuring Swizz Beatz) - I was not sure about this when it started
laugh.gif
but it's really good
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Swizz came through
8. "Off That" (featuring Drake) - Heard this once too. Meh. Listening to it a couple times no reason for Drake to be on it unless it's gonna behis next single so he can get more commercial appeal.
9. "A Star is Born" (featuring J. Cole) -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Probably my fav joint on the album and I don't know why. OlMan Jigga came through on this. J. Cole did his thing. He on his way with this feature
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

10. "Venus vs. Mars" - Nice joint
smokin.gif

11. "Already Home" (featuring Kid Cudi) -
pimp.gif
I like that heusing these dudes only for hooks
laugh.gif
Wouldn't be surprised if Cudi hadwrote up some garbage for this and Jay just scrapped it. He kinda talking about the same stuff on this song tho, beat saves it. I can see the stans quoting shhfrom this already
12. "Hate" (featuring Kanye West) -
grin.gif
This is kinda wasting abeat. I await other rappers killing this. This song is okay
13. "Reminder" - I really could've preferred anything but this trash.
indifferent.gif
Like I don't care if he put Jockin Jay-Z or a Brooklyn We Go Hardremix on this. This is not BP material
smh.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif

14. "So Ambitious" (featuring Pharrell) - I'm not really feeling this but maybe it'll grow on me. Beat is good.
15. "Young Forever" (featuring Mr Hudson) - What is this? I don't know what this is. Like really? He pushing this whole age thing and I'mstill young too much. I could've done without this and yea I'm sure the rest of yall will say I'm missing the point but I don't care for theactual message in this song. I can't even say it's terrible. It's just something I don't want to play.

Some things to mention is we don't want him to start rapping about what he was spitting on his old albums(He's mentioned this a couple times). We wantthe flow and delivery of your old albums. It comes off sad that he pitched this "grown up" ppl music shh and just cuz it aint go like he want it tohe went back to the drug talk. Just package it right and maybe that type of music can work. Homey gave up to quick.

This album don't got no real theme or correlation imo. It's solid. Definitely better than KC. Obviously not better than the previous BP's

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

I'm sorry but that Swizz Beatz track is fire. Real talk, that whole song could be directed at all the haters who flooded this thread oncethose Timbo tracks leaked proclaiming that he was done and the whole album was gonna suck.
laugh.gif

"Dame made millions..even Jaz made some scraps..
coulda made more but he aint sign his contract..
as far as street guys we was dealin crack...
just how da game goes, I don't owe nobody jack..
grown men...want me to sit em' on my lap..
but I don't have a beard..
and Santa Claus aint black..
I repeat..
can't sit on my lap..
I don't have a beard, now get off my sack.."
sick.gif

Kanye's production on "Forever Young" and "Hate" isn't very good. I like Hova's lyrics on the tracks but the beats are lacking.Big difference in quality between the No ID beats and Kanye.

I found the album underwhelming. I can't believe anyone could say this album is even anywhere near a classic. I guess the state of current music mustreally be in bad shape if an album like this can be called a classic. Terrible lyrics and delivery throughout most of the songs, listening to this album Icouldn't help but think how comfortable and lazy Jay's gotten over the years. The passions gone he should really just stayed retired. There's a fewdecent songs mostly saved by really good production but overall this album is pretty terrible especially when compared to most of Jay's other albums.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
@ ppl calling this classic already. This aint better than AG.

Dudes is getting emotionally attached already.
laugh.gif

This joint is "Grown up rap"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Ross and Jigga made another niche in the game who will follow
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom