* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Not one negative comment yet? Something is TERRIBLY wrong.
laugh.gif

You know how these things go... first the "OMGZ GOAT ALBUM EVERZ", then "OLD MAN JIGGA DONE" and everything in between is breaking down themetaphors & double entendres.

On that note -
Will not listen.
Word. I ain't listened to anything since DOA dropped.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by ZSong

::

Anyone know if Kanye is getting Co-Executive Producer credit on this album?
I got that impression from all the interviews with the way it seemed like he was finding/choosing all of the beats/producers for Jay to use

If you produce at least 7 songs on an album you can argue for executive producer credit.
laugh.gif
Yeah I ask because if so, the public opinion [and to alesser extent, actual sales] of this album will probably affect any future instances of artists letting Kanye take over their project...
or it *SHOULD*... because on second thought, Kanye might be a big enough name for folks to want his instant co-sign regardless of his actual input

but I can't even say anything about this album cuz I ain't get it yet or even bother with those Timbo leaks that have been thrown in the mud

I will say that the 3 red lines logo is ill

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Anyone know if Kanye is getting Co-Executive Producer credit on this album?
I got that impression from all the interviews with the way it seemed like he was finding/choosing all of the beats/producers for Jay to use

If you produce at least 7 songs on an album you can argue for executive producer credit.
laugh.gif
Yeah I ask because if so, the public opinion [and to a lesser extent, actual sales] of this album will probably affect any future instances of artists letting Kanye take over their project...
or it *SHOULD*... because on second thought, Kanye might be a big enough name for folks to want his instant co-sign regardless of his actual input

but I can't even say anything about this album cuz I ain't get it yet or even bother with those Timbo leaks that have been thrown in the mud

I will say that the 3 red lines logo is ill

The Tim joints aren't as bad as people are making it out to be.

Okay, a lot of songs on here are hit or miss. IDK what they were thinking with some of these beats. The timbo joints looking a lot stronger compared to therest of the album. Give it a couple more listens but this cd is all over the place. No direction.

"We blasting off like a laser...pew pew pew."

Word kanye? lol....

yea stop frontin, off that is cool

i finished this album and immediately wanted to play it again, thats usually a good thing

Thank You
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Empire State Of Mind
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Already Home
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Listening to the rest of the album now.......damn you timbo!

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

ok off that aint really wack... the beat... i just dont like the hook... its just so damn fast...
Word I agree, its too fast, like you hear the song fade like..."what the hell happened??"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

ok off that aint really wack... the beat... i just dont like the hook... its just so damn fast...

ain't none of the timbo beats wack on their own, but its overkill for a blueprint. 1, maybe 2. It does sound better within the flow of the album.

then again, im only speaking from my expectations of the bp series.

My overall opinion after a few spins..."at least its better than KC"

I just think musically, Jay had found his "old man" niche on American Gangster. That's my main letdown.

it's a solid album, nothing spectacular, but nothin very bad. it's def. better than most of the stuff hip hop produces.

alicia keys def. was on point.

I'm probably going to play the devil's advocate here, but he should have just gotten No I.D. to produce the whole album. I hate the Young Jeezy featureand the wack Timbo and Swizz beats.

Back
Top Bottom