**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Bape was beyond bigger than LRG ..

Bape is a lifestyle/culture brand in Asia/Japan. Where it was just a novelty/fad here in the states, Nigo had hair salons and coffee shops ect. under the bape umbrella.

And ... how do I say this?... Asian culture are extremely obsessive about certain brands , Bape was/is one of those brands..

Old folks and young are still rockin Bape.

I wanted to ask in this thread, is there a way you can overlay gold onto another metal? 

Its called gold plating...its type bang bang swag thou..

For instance, lets say I have a chain that is a specific metal (non-gold) and id want to overlay 10k or 14k gold on it, is that possible?

Bape is a lifestyle/culture brand in Asia/Japan. Where it was just a novelty/fad here in the states, Nigo had hair salons and coffee shops ect. under the bape umbrella.

And ... how do I say this?... Asian culture are extremely obsessive about certain brands , Bape was/is one of those brands..

Ok, so basically what you are saying is that LRG was to BAPE, what Icee Fresh is to Jacob & Co. Correct? :nerd:

In Ben's very own words

I never admitted this before; But these are the pieces of custom jewelry that really made me want to get in the jewelry game. I was a big fan of Jacob the Jeweler until I got in the game. Then I hated him and when he went to jail it opened the door for me to kill the game. My ego exploded and I was out of control. We finally met in 2007 at the NBA all star game in vegas and I stunted on him. I thought that was so cool. My inspiration and lightweight idol in the game knew who I was and recognized me. Later I realized how much of an immature prick I was and it was too late to apologize or show weakness. If he only knew that he's 1 of maybe 2 or 3 jewelers I've ever respected in the world. The other inspiration in this pic is the person who owns these chains. That's Nigo and honestly? No other Asian I've seen has ever **** or flexed like dude has. From the insane toy collection. To the cars to the ridiculous amounts of Andy Warhols and other art to the insane amounts of jewelry dude had. I have to give props. Cats used to compare me and Jonas to Nigo and Pharrell and I'd laugh, not because I thought I was better. But because I was still far away. Now? I'm sitting in a cool lane. A great position. Got a ton of haters... But peep game; Without these 2 cats I wouldn't have had an inspiration to design or make jewelry; Jacob created a lane for a cat like me to get $. So RESPECT your elders. They know way more **** about business and life than you do. Sit back and learn. [emoji]9996[/emoji]&[emoji]10084[/emoji] P.S look at these bape heads. Look at the detail in the chains even. Super crisp. Nobody really today even has necklaces this nice.
fd53e06ea76f11e2a8b922000a1f8ac2_7.jpg

Why did Bape sell for under 3 million then? Sorry I am not knowledgeable about this type of stuff, seems extremely low.

Because Bape was in debt, I don't know how much. But Nigo walked away with 2 mil and change and the buyer took on the debt. Pretty good deal IMO. He also stayed on the board of Bape for 2 years after the sale.

^did he just put this up? He must be lurking this thread.

He looks at this thread every day. That's why he came back when everyone was talking about him last time. :lol: Ben never fronted on Jacob's work though. He always admitted that Jake is the upper echelon, he just said that his company does the same quality work and is on the same level. Jake will always be the top dog in the jewel game to me, because of how he revolutionized it, but Icee Fresh quality is always on point too.

He looks at this thread every day. That's why he came back when everyone was talking about him last time. :lol: Ben never fronted on Jacob's work though. He always admitted that Jake is the upper echelon, he just said that his company does the same quality work and is on the same level. Jake will always be the top dog in the jewel game to me, because of how he revolutionized it, but Icee Fresh quality is always on point too.

:lol: I have a ton of respect for Ben, but I clearly remember Ben bringing up the incidents when a few of Jacobs customers got fugazi stones.

:lol: I have a ton of respect for Ben, but I clearly remember Ben bringing up the incidents when a few of Jacobs customers got fugazi stones.

He has said quite a few questionable things on here over the years.

I think some of it was well documented though. Like Nas ring for Kelis and perhaps a few others. I even recall NLV saying he saw some rapper's chain that was clearly fake and was from Jacob.

I think some of it was well documented though. Like Nas ring for Kelis and perhaps a few others. I even recall NLV saying he saw some rapper's chain that was clearly fake and was from Jacob.

Let's not forget the 100k ice pick that he sold Method Man that should have cost around 20k.

"Wow this Mr Flawless x Ben Baller collab dropping soon and wow! Hahaha. Damn"

From Baller's twitter.

Let's not forget the 100k ice pick that he sold Method Man that should have cost around 20k.

i wanna say i read/saw a vid with meth saying it was supposed to be solid then it broke and he found out part of it was hollow. this rolling stone article make passing reference to it. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/method-man-puts-on-a-happy-face-20060731

Nigo also has hands in a lot of other ventures, Music, management, He owns another clothing line called "Human Made", I've heard he has his hands in some japanese TV networks.

Bape was and is still huge in Japan. I had always said this, i even posted it previously, NIGO HAS THE BEST JEWELS IN THE GAME... his money is extremely long. He's a collector of many things including Warhol paintings, murikami art pieces, vintage collectors toys, etc.....

Bape, as mentioned above, was beyong bigger than LRG.

His dollar sign piece is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom