**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Fake Nikes look similar and are made of real leather.

Fake Cartier bracelets look similar and are made of real gold.

apples and oranges.

precious metals give jewelery their worth.

brand value gives leather & rubber their worth.

You're wrong again.

Look up intrinsic value. That is the worth Cartier has built with their trademark.

YOU value precious metals over the intrinsic value of Cartier. People who are buying Cartier because it's Cartier, it's obvious where the value is for them.

pawn that same cartier bracelet and see where that intrinsic value goes :lol:

these ain't paintings b.

The better analogy for the Jimmy Boi cartier bracelets would be like the Dapper Dan stuff where he used the material from real gucci/lV luggage and fabrics etc. to make the custom pieces or what Exclusive Game does now in the modern day today.  It's not made by the company but its using the same materials

This is why ninja wears fake, grey market, kicks. I used to buy that **** wholesale and sell it. Same material, but it's not legit, trust.

apples and oranges.

You're wrong again.

Look up intrinsic value. That is the worth Cartier has built with their trademark.

YOU value precious metals over the intrinsic value of Cartier. People who are buying Cartier because it's Cartier, it's obvious where the value is for them.

these ain't paintings b.

Since it's been faked. The intrinsic value is diminished.

You're reasoning is the same reason you think it's ok to wear grey market kicks. I mean, it is ok. They're still sneakers. The bracelet still gold. You just ain't official.

violating trademarks is illegal, not because da jimmy boi bracelets aren't real Jewelry.

Versace never made real solid gold jewelry, just plated bull ****, and none of it is better then solid gold Versace inspired version anything.

violating trademarks is illegal, not because da jimmy boi bracelets aren't real Jewelry.

Versace never made real solid gold jewelry, just plated bull ****, and none of it is better then solid gold Versace inspired version anything.

I'm not saying it's not real jewelry :lol:

I'm saying it's not real Cartier jewelry.

You're white cement 3s aren't real Nike sneakers.

Not hard to grasp.

This is why ninja wears fake, grey market, kicks. I used to buy that **** wholesale and sell it. Same material, but it's not legit, trust.
You guys are both right.  Whether its material value or brand value name it don't matter, as long as people think it has value. 

At the end of the day, whether its brand value or material value, we don't decide what has value.  The public will decide what has value.  Put your stuff up online to sell and you will know right away how much value it has in public.

I remember buying all these basketball cards when I was young.  Chris Webber, Penny Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn, Grant Hill, Jalen Rose....... Beckett had these cards at $50.  I thought I was card rich.  I can get these damn cards now for under $5.  

Yeah I get all of these players didn't turn out the way we hoped, but value is based on what the mass public sees.

You can't claim authenticity due to the use of the same premium materials, if intellectual property rights are at play.

Are they Nikes? No. Are they a sneaker? Yes.

Is is a gold Cartier bracelet? No. Is it a gold bracelet? Yes.

See where the trademarked name comes in? It's not hard to grasp.

You're wrong again.

apples and oranges.

You're wrong again.

these ain't paintings b.

You're reasoning is the same reason you think it's ok to wear grey market kicks. I mean, it is ok. They're still sneakers. The bracelet still gold. You just ain't official.

sneakers aren't even in da same conversation, you're only deflecting cuz u just lost da jewelry argument :lol:

intrinsic value ain't **** compared to stone cold market value.

its why i ain't pay 35k+ MRSP for my jacob Jesus.

once its off jacob's hands da piece floats on market value.

when to comes to Jewelry, brand takes a back seat to precious metal content, until it becomes vintage, then instrinsic value rises because of rarity.

The better analogy for the Jimmy Boi cartier bracelets would be like the Dapper Dan stuff where he used the material from real gucci/lV luggage and fabrics etc. to make the custom pieces or what Exclusive Game does now in the modern day today.  It's not made by the company but its using the same materials

Both are fake, once you use the trademark or logo then it's fake.

If you can't afford the 7k bracelet, why buy the replica? It's evident anyone whose buying the replica Cartier bracelet is gonna walk around with it as if they paid 7k and acting as if it's authentic.

apples and oranges.

You're wrong again.

these ain't paintings b.

sneakers aren't even in da same conversation, you're only deflecting cuz u just lost da jewelry argument :lol:

intrinsic value ain't **** compared to stone cold market value.

its why i ain't pay 35k+ MRSP for my jacob Jesus.

once its off jacob's hands da piece floats on market value.

when to comes to Jewelry, brand takes a back seat to precious metal content, until it becomes vintage, then instrinsic value rises because of rarity.

I'm not trying to win any arguments kid. I'm just stating facts.

You're making this into an argument by determining real value based on your own personal values. Real value is comprised of both material and intrinsic value. You are neglecting one for the sake of your argument. Then flip flopping when it comes to Nikes.

This is why you think you have a Porsche money collection of shoes. Take those off your hands and float your 3x resoled, 10 year old kicks, and float those on market value. you got some Jordan's that YOU value at $250 when they are worthless to the average human who is not a "prisoner of nostalgia".

You can't pick and choose when to apply principles just because it suits your current argument. You end up looking like a dumb hypocrite, ninjafish.

So I'ma tell you. Pawn your sneaker collection and see where THAT value goes :rofl:

Last edited:
You guys are both right.  Whether its material value or brand value name it don't matter, as long as people think it has value. 

At the end of the day, whether its brand value or material value, we don't decide what has value.  The public will decide what has value.  Put your stuff up online to sell and you will know right away how much value it has in public.

I remember buying all these basketball cards when I was young.  Chris Webber, Penny Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn, Grant Hill, Jalen Rose....... Beckett had these cards at $50.  I thought I was card rich.  I can get these damn cards now for under $5.  

Yeah I get all of these players didn't turn out the way we hoped, but value is based on what the mass public sees.

"THE PUBLIC WILL DECIDE WHAT HAS VALUE"

I could not have said it any better myself. I know ninja lacks the critical thinking and intelligence to understand. Thanks for reaffirming my point and stating facts.

guess someone doesn't know what market value is... :lol:

like i said, fake cartier but not fake Jewelry​.

guess someone doesn't know what market value is... :lol:

like i said, fake cartier but not fake Jewelry​.

I know what market value is.

Intrinsic VALUE is a component of MARKET value. You just choose to discount intrinsic as it suits your argument. Then you include it when referring to your dusty *** busted sneakers, which some are fake. You're a narcissistic hypocrite kid.

Market value and scrap value of precious metal are not the same thing.

Go requote your post for the 5th time :rofl:

Last edited:
and like i told u 1000 times already, Cartier bracelets aren't worth da 40+k MSRP.

once it hits da open aftermarket da value sinks to material value, until da items become vintage then da value rises again because of rarity.

Jimmy Boi is charging what a cartier bracelet would go for on a used open market of precious materials price with added labor costs.

Last edited:
Cartier bracelets aren't da worth 40+k MSRP.

They aren't worth it to you, no. To other consumers, it may be worth it because they are paying FOR the name.

YOU are paying for the jewelry. So when a fake is made, it diminishes intrinsic value of the OG and it may no longer be worth it when the consumer feels they are essentially getting the same thing. Like you and your cement 3s. You can brush off da fact they aren't real Nikes because the materials are the same.

This is why people get sued over IP. You can't see why this is an issue?

Last edited:
Jewelry is worth what it is because of its materials.

you're not gonna convince anyone otherwise :lol:

unless Jimmy Boi is purporting to sell genuine cartier and charging MSRP then all he's doing is crafting precious metals into familiar shapes.

unless Jimmy Boi is purporting to sell genuine cartier and charging MSRP then all he's doing is crafting precious metals into familiar shapes.

I think the thousands of sterling silver Tiffany jewelry fans are already convinced. But I'll let you tell it kid.

Last edited:

I think the thousands of sterling silver Tiffany jewelry fans are already convinced. But I'll let you tell it kid.

real gold fake cartier > real silver real Tiffany, so that settles that.

They aren't worth it to you, no. To other consumers, it may be worth it because they are paying FOR the name.

YOU are paying for the jewelry. So when a fake is made, it diminishes intrinsic value of the OG and it may no longer be worth it when the consumer feels they are essentially getting the same thing. Like you and your cement 3s. You can brush off da fact they aren't real Nikes because the materials are the same.

This is why people get sued over IP. You can't see why this is an issue?

Damn it Hennesey. Well put again,

Back
Top Bottom