**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

gold was cheap in da 90's. i had a 7mm cuban link in 10th grade.

look at da old reggaeton videos from late 99/early 00...when Don Omar was a Nobody state side he had huge Cuban Link.

every PR festival/parade them boys would show out.

I kick myself when i look at those historical charts

But platinum era got into full effect quick by those early dot com years ~97. Yellow gold was faux pax quick as far as the club scene and money scene. It got bougie as hell fast

I was talkin more like 85-95 era. Even shaq and tupac had machine made concave curbs

thats cuz jewelry just wasn't fashionable in general anymore...it was a backlash of da truck jewelry era of da 80's... wasn't till da mid 90's when chains started to get big again, and this is strictly hip-hop. in latin culture, having massive amounts of gold on was always a big deal.

Last edited:
ah the 90's. still remember my boy trying to talk a jeweler down to $4 a gram on a chain and they wouldn't budge below $6. this was late 90's and i think this dude always bought 10k if i recall correctly. wish i would have stocked up back then. no Cubans back then in my neck of the woods so i got a curb chain which was very similar.

Last edited:
thats cuz jewelry just wasn't fashionable in general anymore...it was a backlash of da truck jewelry era of da 80's... wasn't till da mid 90's when chains started to get big again, and this is strictly hip-hop. in latin culture, having massive amounts of gold on was always a big deal.
this is the truth... I'm a 90's kid and I bought jewerly for my mid-life crisis instead of a car thanks to nostalgia...

do you guys know anyone whos non-religious who rocks a Jesus piece? I'm not religious and thought about getting one, will people get offended? 

this is the truth... I'm a 90's kid and I bought jewerly for my mid-life crisis instead of a car thanks to nostalgia...

do you guys know anyone whos non-religious who rocks a Jesus piece? I'm not religious and thought about getting one, will people get offended? 

ni am not religious and rock Jesus piece cross, ect. i should say though that i grew up around a lot of Mexican and Puerto ricans which were my best friends so i was influenced by what i was around. back then you could not tell me there was anything better than a Jesus on the cross, those mother Mary pieces or the Sheppard with the dogs, ect.

as far as someone being offended, that's not my business. people are offended and triggered by just about everything these days. that's their problem not mine.

Last edited:

im not religious, catholic by default but shouldnt influence your jewelry purchases

If you rock a religious piece and you're not religious thats just dumb. Why? What's the point in representing something in which you don't even believe in? Just my opinion. If you buy a religious piece (and you're not religious) because its a cool fad or whatever then that makes you a follower. I don't know about the rest of you, but thats never been cool in my book.

If you rock a religious piece and you're not religious thats just dumb. Why? What's the point in representing something in which you don't even believe in? Just my opinion. If you buy a religious piece (and you're not religious) because its a cool fad or whatever then that makes you a follower. I don't know about the rest of you, but thats never been cool in my book.

Facts. Dudes buying the Asian Buddha :lol:

Same dudes who tat religious stuff.

Thanks for the opinion guys.  

I thought it was non-sense to rock a religious piece if I don't believe in it, but the discussions here made me respect the Jesus piece.  I thought all you guys were crazy when you argued about a Tito, Jacob, Icebox, IF... too me they all looked the same, like damn "what are these guys even talking about its all the same"

but now I get it.. the details that go into these things... it is a piece of art...

I'm a follower, I want one because biggie, mase, puff, and fab had one when I was in middle and highschool, and that was the coolest shot to me :lol:

But I hear your point though

Last edited:
i mean i think it's all relative. i'm technically jewish (had a bar mitzvah when i was younger) but i dont really practice the religion, or any religion for that matter now. however i still have bought jewish pieces because im proud of my jewish heritage, just dont care for religion. also i just got a jade buddha so i am now one of those "guys" with a buddha piece that's not buddhist, i just wanted a nice piece of jade since im chinese as well.

Compare a swastika to a Jesus peice brehs

I don't even know what you mean with this.

i mean i think it's all relative. i'm technically jewish (had a bar mitzvah when i was younger) but i dont really practice the religion, or any religion for that matter now. however i still have bought jewish pieces because im proud of my jewish heritage, just dont care for religion. also i just got a jade buddha so i am now one of those "guys" with a buddha piece that's not buddhist, i just wanted a nice piece of jade since im chinese as well.

I was born raised catholic. Went to private school, was an alter boy the whole 9. However college philosophy and anthropoloy classed opened my mind to new ways of thinking about religion, deities, etc. While I consider myself spiritual, i don't practice on the regular. For the most part I've always referred back to the line that Hyde from that 70's show said in regards to going to church:

"Although I respect the Judeo-Christian ethic, as well as the Eastern philosophies, and of course the teachings of Muhammad, I find that organized religion has corrupted those beliefs to justify countless atrocities throughout the ages. Were I to go to church, I'd be a hypocrite."

That said I've rocked a cross, JP and buddha pendants (both chinese and Thai versions) not only because it's fashionable but because I do believe in the spirit of these and all religions.

That being said, if you're an atheist or agnostic my personal belief is leave the religious jewelry alone. Why wear something you don't believe in or at the very least can identify with in a small amount?

Last edited:
I don't even know what you mean with this.
I was born raised catholic. Went to private school, was an alter boy the whole 9. However college philosophy and anthropoloy classed opened my mind to new ways of thinking about religion, deities, etc. While I consider myself spiritual, i don't practice on the regular. For the most part I've always referred back to the line that Hyde from that 70's show said in regards to going to church:

"Although I respect the Judeo-Christian ethic, as well as the Eastern philosophies, and of course the teachings of Muhammad, I find that organized religion has corrupted those beliefs to justify countless atrocities throughout the ages. Were I to go to church, I'd be a hypocrite."

That said I've rocked a cross, JP and buddha pendants (both chinese and Thai versions) not only because it's fashionable but because I do believe in the spirit of these and all religions.

That being said, if you're an atheist or agnostic my personal belief is leave the religious jewelry alone. Why wear something you don't believe in or at the very least can identify with in a small amount?
not sure if you were asking me specifically, but i dont identify as atheist or agnostic. i think we both basically share the same religious views, the quote you posted sums up my feelings on religion. i respect all religions and think there is some type of higher power, it's just not my cup of tea 

I would say yes if you are atheists then rocking religious pieces would be a no no. But for me and like homie who quoted Hyde, I take things from several religions and implement in my everyday life. I don't believe in everything in every religion but respect Certain figures and ways from different religions or beliefs...but hey, rock what YOU like

Read the post above mine, and see how dude edited my post

Ah got it lol

Yeah that swastika comparison :smh:

In the end yeah rock what YOU like whether it's a fat cuban, dookie chain or choker. I just feel if you're going to invest in a piece of jewelry, have it mean something to you.

I would say yes if you are atheists then rocking religious pieces would be a no no. But for me and like homie who quoted Hyde, I take things from several religions and implement in my everyday life. I don't believe in everything in every religion but respect Certain figures and ways from different religions or beliefs...but hey, rock what YOU like
I like this.... its like the Jeet Kune Do of religion, take things that make sense and implement it... applies to everything in life.

lolwut??????? i didnt know anyone really rocked jesus pieces cuz of their faith
i thought ppl rocked jesus pieces cuz it's fly... it's a damn hip hop staple
there's 90s muslim rappers rocking jesus pieces
ppl just rock it because it's a fly thing in hip hop culture (is how I view it)

Some people shouldn't have the right to post. Which rappers?

I swear you gotta be young.

this a very new school of thinking (perhaps imaginary if you factor in how many people really gonna buy expensive religious piece of something outside their religion.)

Back
Top Bottom