**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

With that logic maybe I should I wear a fake chain. The Jesus piece is real, but its $10k+ so why does it matter

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

With that logic maybe I should I wear a fake chain. The Jesus piece is real, but its $10k+ so why does it matter
Any reason for this guy to talk about his Jesus piece 
indifferent.gif

The logic is if you can afford it who cares if it's real or fake. Ask Diddy, 50, Nelly or even Baby. 

I'm just using myself as an example. Don't be jelly. I'm just saying though, if his bracelet is fake then what if that watch is fake too. This is a jewelry thread. Others got clowned on for rocking fake stuff, but just cause one guy has a watch that's $10k+ it's the exception?

The logic is if you can afford it who cares if it's real or fake. Ask Diddy, 50, Nelly or even Baby.

Alright son, if that's the case I should've just saved my money and cop this.
DSC00826_ebay.jpg

I guess a fake watch or stud chain is way different to me then a fake bead bracelet. I look at those as more fashion then anything. If the watch is real (which to me looks good) then I give whoever it is a pass on the bracelet assuming it's fake.
If I had that watch I would not feel bad at all if my bead bracelet was fake. 

lol that bracelet look like he copped from one of those Youtube jewelers and they also sell Hublots replicas... you guys must not know about the replica watch game, you can get exact replica's that can fool anyone only way to tell is to open it up and check the movement itself which will never happen... just like Niketalk there are several replica watch communities and the average age there is usually 35+ they all got money and can afford real watches but they got fam to support and dont see the point on buying real watches when you can buy a replica thats made 1:1 by tearing down the real watch.

which makes perfect sense if i came up on 100K id rather cop a 1:1 replica watch, give it to diamondempire ice it out with CZs = $3000 for this set up and pull up on a nice bentley GT with the rest of the money... it dont make sense if you got real jewelry and your pushing a honda civic, but you know what? this is how it usually is people who got money dont care whats real whats fake they just cop %+$% and rock it, its always the latter that be counting other men's chips and whether their stuff is authentic or not :tongue:

Originally Posted by rakim

which makes perfect sense if i came up on 100K id rather cop a 1:1 replica watch, give it to diamondempire ice it out with CZs = $3000 for this set up and pull up on a nice bentley GT with the rest of the money... it dont make sense if you got real jewelry and your pushing a honda civic, but you know what? this is how it usually is people who got money dont care whats real whats fake they just cop %+$% and rock it, its always the latter that be counting other men's chips and whether their stuff is authentic or not :tongue:

i never got this argument and dont really feel like going back and forth BUT-  of course to each their own but at the same time frontin is frontin...i could see the rich people that dont care about jewels or whatever but obviously your trying to portray some time of image if you go thru all that trouble to have a fake iced out replica watch...esp when you can afford the real thing-

i know plenty of people do it...if you got your bentley gt and a nice $100 watch on because thats what you like cool...but if you got a fake rollie on your just fronting...if the rolex is not worth X,XXX to you then why even rock the fake - you want the attention/prestige etc that comes from wearing that item but not the price tag that comes along with it?

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by rakim

i never got this argument and dont really feel like going back and forth BUT-  of course to each their own but at the same time frontin is frontin...i could see the rich people that dont care about jewels or whatever but obviously your trying to portray some time of image if you go thru all that trouble to have a fake iced out replica watch...esp when you can afford the real thing-

i know plenty of people do it...if you got your bentley gt and a nice $100 watch on because thats what you like cool...but if you got a fake rollie on your just fronting...if the rolex is not worth X,XXX to you then why even rock the fake - you want the attention/prestige etc that comes from wearing that item but not the price tag that comes along with it?
same way i feel
lol

anyone who handles and is experienced with high end watches can tell a fake easily if your familiar with the real model, all you have to do is look at it or at the least feel it to see that its not close to the build quality and weight of the real one

lol@this whole page.
one dude with money, one dude with a chain, and a bunch of regular joes arguing about whats real and fake and how to wear it.
i realllly wish i could just spaz and speak my mind, but alot of these jeweler cats will get mad, cats will say ducktales and im a *@*%*+ and loser and blah blah blah...
but i swear you cats are naive when it comes to jewelry and watches.

its not all about how much you spend.

cats were not spending 10k with tito. gold and diamonds were dirt cheap compared to now.
cats were spending 100ks with jacob getting fake *%$@ (coughNASMETHODMANTHEWHOLENYCcough)

i thought the whole point of it all was how nice the final product, on you, regardless of how much it cost.
its supposed to be art right?
is a piccasso better than monet cause one of his paintings cost the most?

not saying we should stop using gold and diamonds, but at the end of the day isnt it really about how good it looks not sentimental value?

Imma chime in this situation and say it like this then since it's a sneaker community. So since you can afford some real let's say 99 cement 4s with the Nike air in the back you won't cop since they can crack but you'll go out and cop china man variants and want to act like they the real thing? Or you can afford a real LV belt but go out and cop the fake cause it saves you money? That logic is flawed to the max. Why portray a lifestyle you really aren't about?

So 95% of the population will never be able to afford a real Breitling or Rolex so they are just not suppose to want one?
I love jewelry and have for a very long time. Back in the early 90's when I was in high school I was rocking silver cuz I could not afford gold. With the way you look at it I should of just not of been wearing anything at all? I will never be able to afford a $10k watch. I have two kids and a wife and straight up I don't make that much money. I would rock a nice replica watch in a second if it was on point though. 

At one point all your favorite rappers, athletes and even Ben Baller had start up kits. To many of you guys are worried about impressing other guys with real jewels and gold. If the person is happy with their purchase then more power to them. I don't see why it's to outlandish for people to rock silver Jesus piece with cz's? I would not wear one but if someone wants to then it's all good with me.

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Imma chime in this situation and say it like this then since it's a sneaker community. So since you can afford some real let's say 99 cement 4s with the Nike air in the back you won't cop since they can crack but you'll go out and cop china man variants and want to act like they the real thing? Or you can afford a real LV belt but go out and cop the fake cause it saves you money? That logic is flawed to the max. Why portray a lifestyle you really aren't about?

see bro this is where you and everyone keeps getting it *%$%*$ up.
JEWELRY IS NOT A COPYRIGHTED "THING" thats has some sort of official creator that can sue you if you make their @*+*.

so comparing shoes and belts to jewelry is like comparing bacon and chicken just cause they can both be eaten.

lol. seriously.

one chain made in silver and one made in gold.

the silver chain is fake because why?

two stones shine the exact same way and look dead on to the naked eye...

one is lab created and the other is natural...

what makes which one real?

the one dug out of the dirt by a DeBeers slave in africa?

can someone answer that for me?

like i know youre a jeweler rob... its your life and your profession, so i understand why you defend it, so ima just dead the convo.

but think about this... the main reason gold and diamonds were so expensive was because it was EXTREMELY hard to mine and refine right?

why is it more expensive now?

do we not possess technology that exceeds any demand for gold and diamonds that we need?

yeah we do. ima just stop here and leave this thread alone.

half a bar.

Back
Top Bottom