**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Just go ahead and type whatever you want to type HBW. No need to hold anything back.

Method Man dropped $100k on that supposedly platinum icepick chain, but it turned out to be hollow. He said he got played himself.

Art is subjective. The value depends on how the person perceives the art. With jewelry, its a commodity. There's always an intrinsic value and you'd be stupid to drop $$$$ on diamond empire garbage and expect to receive something back or to retain any kind of value.

jumpmankb - I wear my chain almost everyday and just take precautions like you do.

No one ever said you can't wear silver and czs. But your original argument was the guy with the supposed real Hublot can weara fake bracelet just cause he can afford the real watch. If you can't afford it, go ahead and rock that bang bang stuff.

looneyrobert just provided the same concept bro...

and no one said silver is fake. It's still a precious metal just has a different value compared to other metals...

lol its comments like yours frank that crack me up.

you bought your piece who knows how long ago...so your gold value has went up.
what about those stones?
can you sell that chain back and get your exact money back?
if i buy a 14k chain from icee fresh can i return it the next day and get back the full retail price?
jewelry, unless its estate or rare stones dont sell for more than they were purchased.
am i right or wrong?

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

With that logic maybe I should I wear a fake chain. The Jesus piece is real, but its $10k+ so why does it matter

Dat fraudulent lifestyle 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

lol at this thread, i clicked on it expecting to see some nter's jewelry but all i see

is pics of rappers and their tacky jewelry
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

So 95% of the population will never be able to afford a real Breitling or Rolex so they are just not suppose to want one?
I love jewelry and have for a very long time. Back in the early 90's when I was in high school I was rocking silver cuz I could not afford gold. With the way you look at it I should of just not of been wearing anything at all? I will never be able to afford a $10k watch. I have two kids and a wife and straight up I don't make that much money. I would rock a nice replica watch in a second if it was on point though. 

At one point all your favorite rappers, athletes and even Ben Baller had start up kits. To many of you guys are worried about impressing other guys with real jewels and gold. If the person is happy with their purchase then more power to them. I don't see why it's to outlandish for people to rock silver Jesus piece with cz's? I would not wear one but if someone wants to then it's all good with me.
laugh.gif
there's like 40 different arguments going on but the only one i commented on was the "replica watches" i don't care about your silver, cz, mois, 7kgold, 24k gold whatever...do what you will-  i kinda put the two in different categories and feel they should be - if i have icebox or if make me a jacob mold jesus thats not a fake or cheap imitation...but if i buy a $100 "rolex" from china its a whole different ballgame...

but you saying you love breilting or rolex and cant afford them so you cop a fake? in that case you like the "styling" of it...theres plenty of other watch brands that make affordable watches and that you can cop and have that style you like

if your buying a fake because it says breitling or rolex on it then your doing it to front...you want people to recognize your watch for the brand name...your not getting any of the value associated with them or getting any of the properties that make them prestigious or whatever...but you can put your arm up when the song comes on and biggie says throw your rollies in sky at the club...or can you

Don't get it tangled and twisted hbw. No where did I say you would receive your full value back from returning it or selling it. But if you want to know, yes I can get more than my money's back on my cuban, just ask LAX. Reread what I wrote. Precious metals will always retain some form of value. If you buy that fake brass gold infused alloy made out of rusted copper found in ninjahood's plumbing of course it'll hold no value. Now think about what I just typed and think about what you typed.

StaXX wrote:
szzo84.jpg

One of my favs.
Decided to go for a GMT J12 over it though...

My 2 cents on the argument:

Buy what you can afford.

When it comes to watches, there's something out there for just about every budget.

Don't wear knockoffs.

Don't get it tangled and twisted hbw. No where did I say you would receive your full value back from returning it or selling it. But if you want to know, yes I can get more than my money's back on my cuban, just ask LAX. Reread what I wrote. Precious metals will always retain some form of value. If you buy that fake brass gold infused alloy made out of rusted copper found in ninjahood's plumbing of course it'll hold no value. Now think about what I just typed and think about what you typed.

lol ok let me clarify. when i said "chain" i meant "Jesus Pendant".
i apologize for that. thats local slang for any pendant worn. sorry.

of course you could get your full price back for your cuban. any one can because thats just gold. and a jewelry staple.

and of course precious metals will always retain "some form" of value.

think about this, you and i both have lets say the same pendant. lets say a jesus pendant like you own.

they were made by the same jeweler. one is silver with cz $1500. the other is white gold with diamonds $15k.

who just lost alot of money?

thats all im sayin bro.

If you want to put it that way let's compare. Let's say a piece of gold jewelry is about 140 grams. Same item made in silver about 80 grams since it's less dense. Scrap value for the gold is about $4000. Scrap value for the silver, about $85. You're getting about 27% of your money back on the gold vs. 6% of your money back on the silver chain. If you want to compare the same weight it would still be only about $150 or 9% of your money back.

Now you're asking who loses more money. Obviously the person who spends more money on jewelry but it shouldn't be spent on as an investment if that's your purpose.

*I didn't come up with these numbers out of thin air. I just googled scrap metal calculator and went from there.

If you want to put it that way let's compare. Let's say a piece of gold jewelry is about 140 grams. Same item made in silver about 80 grams since it's less dense. Scrap value for the gold is about $4000. Scrap value for the silver, about $85. You're getting about 27% of your money back on the gold vs. 6% of your money back on the silver chain. If you want to compare the same weight it would still be only about $150 or 9% of your money back.

Now you're asking who loses more money. Obviously the person who spends more money on jewelry but it shouldn't be spent on as an investment if that's your purpose.

*I didn't come up with these numbers out of thin air. I just googled scrap metal calculator and went from there.

True.

lol. i love when cats do this.
you didnt even factor in the stones playboy.

and at the end of the day, i only lost 1350. you lost how much?

thats the main part you skip over. how much of a hit you took.

and "it shouldn't be spent on as an investment if that's your purpose." 

then how do you justify the purchase if the quality is the same?

is it some how easier to make things out of gold than silver?

no. its not.

we got 90% of the cats in here talkin bout buying jewels as an investment. some have flat out stated that it is an investment.

so what is it? art or an investment?

maybe thats the flossy element to it that i keep missing.

"i got enough money to buy something and lose alot on it, but im ballin so ima keep it moving"

maybe thats it?

this is a conversation that will go in circles.

regardless of the metal or the stones, you are wearing the art of the jeweler.

if he's good it will be good.

if he's bad, it doesnt matter if he made it out of platinum and uranium.

if price was the main factor in how nice jewelry looks, then why not just wear a wad on your neck like the dream did?

Of course you only lost $1350 cause of the difference in budgets.

Stones were factored in. Diamonds are basically useless except for industrial purposes and are thus a sunk cost for consumers. However, the $15k spent still includes the gold while the $1500 includes silver and plastic stones.

To put it simply, if you spend less you'll lose less.

both of you guys have valid points with your arguments, theres no right or wrong answer, just different viewpoints....

one reason I stopped buying so much jewelry is that it is tough to get your money back, but it def still holds value..... If you buy high end watches at the right price you will never lose money when u get rid of them, so thats why Ive been more into watches the past few years..... 

heres my boys ring hes gettin rid of ...5ct emerald cut VS2 center stone

Don't know much about jewelry but I like the chain Pharrell used to wear. Can you guys let me know what this kinda chain is called? 

EDIT: Don't know why the vid won't show, but it was provider, it's just the regular gold chain he wore back then. Or is it diamonds maybe? I know its thin and yellow, looks sorta like a rope

lol mad ppl caught feelings I was just trying to say with the Hublot and the bracelet set up; the Hublot is most likely a replica because why would you want to devalue your Hublot by wearing that POS bracelet?? So chances are either hes a rich snob that doesn't have a clue about jewelry, or better yet a phoney that got on a knock off bracelet and a replica watch.. im sure its the second one but as you guys saw most people on this thread were like " WOW NICE WATCH" without even second guessing except for OGs like Franck Mucus... but on the subject of Franck and Matrix argueing about resale value?? why would you want to resell your silver/cz set up?? the whole point of going silver and cz is so you can keep on building your collection obviously your not gona get jack back... and im not pro silver/cz im just putting points out there because most ppl here are against it and i wana be the devils advocate... you dont have to worry about losing pieces and stones, plus if you ever get stuck up u can give it away and not lose much lol...

and if you check diamondempire even OG dudes like Prodigy is @%#@* with em.. prodigy used to be heavy with jewelry, it just doesnt make sense in today's generation where every rapper got on costume jewelry.. how is rick ross giving away those MMG pieces like its candy?? im sure thats silver and czs maybe gold/czs at best.. and how the **+# is meek mill copping 2 rolleys and fully iced out franck mullers??

and does anyone know the deal on the Nas Pharaoh piece?? his gold rope is super thick and I have the utmost respect for Nas but have a hard time believing the dookie is real and what about Rae's chain?? that %*@% is on Birdman's dog collar level

Originally Posted by rakim

most people on this thread were like " WOW NICE WATCH" without even second guessing except for OGs like Franck Mucus... 

I have been checking in on jewelry post since JJ was the only one with a real Jesus piece years ago. Most people were like "wow nice watch" because it's a nice watch. I'm wondering why anyone would need to second guess it's authenticity?
I don't think if the bracelet is fake it takes anything away from the watch. If real it's a dope watch regardless of the bracelet. 

Of course you only lost $1350 cause of the difference in budgets.

Stones were factored in. Diamonds are basically useless except for industrial purposes and are thus a sunk cost for consumers. However, the $15k spent still includes the gold while the $1500 includes silver and plastic stones.

To put it simply, if you spend less you'll lose less.

oh yeah we keep forgetting to deduct LABOR.
i always forget that  whatever you pay for jewelry has the price of labor in it right?

so if a setup cost 15k how much of it is labor?

i wonder if everyone else forgets this. because its never brought up.

lol. if it cost 15k, its not worth half, if im not mistaken. lol

sorry if #*%! is comin out funny. eagles nest.

Back
Top Bottom