**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

back to juelz's current cuban, would i be correct if i said it's 18k 11mm 35inches?

Juelz is deceptively tall, i was standing next to him at da marina in dyckman with my cousins

And now ex girlfriend & im 6'1..so da way he rocks his chain i says its 12mm

And more towards around da 38" mark...

18k could be da purity, but most people are content with 14k gold as its da US standard.

He about 5'7". I don't know how he fools people in all his pics even when he wears Timbs and AF1s.

Idk if this was posted already

Can someone help me with a chain upgrade?
I originally wanted a franco, but what size would you jewelry experts suggest?
Then i kinda want a cuban now, what size would you suggest if i went with the cuban?
Franco or cuban?

My pendant is 14k, would it look weird if i got a chain in 10k???
The bead chain i have is 14k 24 inch 2mm but itsjust too frail and small

Last edited:
Can someone help me with a chain upgrade?
I originally wanted a franco, but what size would you jewelry experts suggest?
Then i kinda want a cuban now, what size would you suggest if i went with the cuban?
Franco or cuban?

My pendant is 14k, would it look weird if i got a chain in 10k???
The bead chain i have is 14k 24 inch 2mm but itsjust too frail and small
No it wouldn't look weird if you got a 10k chain.

14k and 10k pretty much looks the same shade when next to each other, you can always get it 24k plated so they match.

For a chain i would get a 3-4 mm franco 30 inches cause 24 is way too short

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-3-5mm-18...S_Fine_Necklaces_Pendants&hash=item23272fbd63

Last edited:
Cop the cuban and just get whatever size you feel comfortable wearing. No whey of us knowing what would be right for you. Plus, you don't want to have one so thick cause the bail on your piece looks kind of small to fit a thicker chain.

Cop the cuban and just get whatever size you feel comfortable wearing. No whey of us knowing what would be right for you. Plus, you don't want to have one so thick cause the bail on your piece looks kind of small to fit a thicker chain.

You dont think acuban would look weird with a buddha piece? When i think of cubans i think of jesus pieces or crosses or OG type pendants

You dont think acuban would look weird with a buddha piece? When i think of cubans i think of jesus pieces or crosses or OG type pendants
you should cop like a 4-5mm 28-30 inch cuban from Daniel's that would be perfect for that buddha

I've never heard of anyone plating in platinum, but they do plate it in rhodium. You would be fine as long as you're not trying to pass it off as white gold or platinum though.

you should cop like a 4-5mm 28-30 inch cuban from Daniel's that would be perfect for that buddha

Yeah thats the reason i was thinking cuban it looks amazing, i already spoke to david at daniels, he got a franco i might be interested in too but its semi hollow, not sure if i wanna get the cuban or the semi hollow franco from daniels

Don't buy the semi hollow. Sounds cheap. Just get the Cuban and call it a day.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure they don't plate items in platinum cause its harder to work with and has a higher melting point...

i mean if i asked a jeweler to plate it in platinum, they wouldn't be able to do it?
I never heard of platinum plating, if you want something white it's usually plated with rhodium.

platinum is a dull look they high polish it for that super white shine

Last edited:

Like I said, I'm pretty sure they don't plate items in platinum cause its harder to work with and has a higher melting point...

Yeah thats what i was thinking, semi hollow also looks really ugly, i
Thanks for the help, ive set my mind on the cuban probably in 10k at 5mm 26inch maybe, im only about 5'8
And ill use my current bad chain for a micro piece
2chainsssss

Yeah thats what i was thinking, semi hollow also looks really ugly, i
Thanks for the help, ive set my mind on the cuban probably in 10k at 5mm 26inch maybe, im only about 5'8
And ill use my current bad chain for a micro piece
2chainsssss

I wouldn't bother with 10k if i was you. Its less then 50% gold.

Store it separately.

Edit:

Are you saying you think it's bad to mix, as in a 10k chain and a 14k piece?

Gold will scratch regardless. It's inevitable. Doesn't matter whether it's 10k or 24k. As long as you take care of it and when you're not wearing it you don't just throw it on the shelf you'll have less scratches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom