**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Hell yeah, but I think someone not in the armed forces will look like a cornball rocking that
laugh.gif
Yeah I agree! 

JOBH probably has some of the most creative pieces out there IMO, they definitely think outside of the box, there work looks top notch 

Last edited:
JOBH probably has some of the most creative pieces out there IMO, they definitely think outside of the box, there work looks top notch 

Yup their work is the best. Their price is reasonable too, people always think they overcharge just because they're based in Beverly Hills.

I went to Zales today to try on a gold rope chain to see how I'd like it. Ended up really liking it but the price seemed pretty high. It was only 10k and 24 in. for $700.

As far as retailers go, who usually has good prices? I'd like to buy a 24 in. rope chain preferably in 18k.

I went to Zales today to try on a gold rope chain to see how I'd like it. Ended up really liking it but the price seemed pretty high. It was only 10k and 24 in. for $700.

As far as retailers go, who usually has good prices? I'd like to buy a 24 in. rope chain preferably in 18k.
sarraf.com >>>>

sarraf.com >>>>
I noticed they dont have very many 26 inch chains; they have everything in 20, 22, 24, and 30

Is it just me or would 26 be a great length? My problem with 24'' is that it's too tight to easily take off over the head, and then 30'' is too long for a lot of pieces

Any other good sites for chains? Sarraf and Daniels is really all ive seen for chains

unrelated-- i was really feeling bead chains for a while and copped a smaller mm one for a little setup but i dont think id invest too much in a bead chain because i read it's one of the weaker constructions-- I'm wondering why this style shown below isn't more popular-- its got a great round profile like a bead chain but its sturdier and timeless. looks tough too like some middle ages jewelry. I cant figure out the name ive seen it called rolo and cable but ive seen a lot of other styles also called by those names

Thanks bro. Prices seem a lot better on the website. Would do you guys think of this deal?

18k Gold 2mm Italian Diamond Cut Rope Chain 24 In 10.56 grams $730.00
You can get 14k ropes all day at pawn shops for $40-$44 a gram, and 24 is one of the most common lengths so you'd find them easily. 2mm 24 inch should be less than $400. 2.5mm 24 inch would be like $550. 3mm 24 inch at like 20 grams would be around $800. Watch out for the hollow ropes and the light ropes though.

I don't think I've ever seen an 18k rope at a shop. Correct me if I'm wrong but rope chains can have problems with stretching and the links sort of loosening and separating laterally, so 18k might be softer than optimal for ropes. I mean obviously they sell them so they do it. You want 18 for the color or for it to be a more precious piece?

Buying used ropes though I would look for stretching and soldering spots. I think rope chains are my favorite style but their durability seems questionable

Last edited:
You can get 14k ropes all day at pawn shops for $40-$44 a gram, and 24 is one of the most common lengths so you'd find them easily. 2mm 24 inch should be less than $400. 2.5mm 24 inch would be like $550. 3mm 24 inch at like 20 grams would be around $800. Watch out for the hollow ropes and the light ropes though.

I don't think I've ever seen an 18k rope at a shop. Correct me if I'm wrong but rope chains can have problems with stretching and the links sort of loosening and separating laterally, so 18k might be softer than optimal for ropes. I mean obviously they sell them so they do it. You want 18 for the color or for it to be a more precious piece?

Buying used ropes though I would look for stretching and soldering spots. I think rope chains are my favorite style but their durability seems questionable

Thanks man. I took what you said and started calling around to local pawn shops lol I ended up finding a 14k 24 in. 13.4 grams near by. She said their price for it is $650 with little negotiation room. I'm gonna check it out in a little while.

What would be a good price to try to haggle her down to?

Thanks man. I took what you said and started calling around to local pawn shops lol I ended up finding a 14k 24 in. 13.4 grams near by. She said their price for it is $650 with little negotiation room. I'm gonna check it out in a little while.

What would be a good price to try to haggle her down to?
Offer $475 and see what she says. Anywhere between $500 and $575 is a solid price. She'll probably say $600. Don't pay more than $600 though

Offer $475 and see what she says. Anywhere between $500 and $575 is a solid price. She'll probably say $600. Don't pay more than $600 though

Sounds good thats what I had in mind too. I'm leaving now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Just went there and saw another chain I preferred. It was 11.2 grams 24 in. 14k. Ended
up liking this more. Her absolute lowest was $400 out the door. Told her I'd think about it.

Is this a good deal?

Just went there and saw another chain I preferred. It was 11.2 grams 24 in. 14k. Ended
up liking this more. Her absolute lowest was $400 out the door. Told her I'd think about it.

Is this a good deal?
scrap value is aprox 331.67, so if you like it, do it

Back
Top Bottom