**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

way too big lol. maybe if you are "the moutntain" from GOT, you could pull that off.

Last edited:
not to mention you're gonna scratch da crap outta it with general wear.

this reminded me to ask if there is a limit you can polish gold? a real polish like they do on the machine, not one off those $5 cloths of Amazon. any downsides or issues to do it? i was wondering because like with a car you can only correct the paint so much before you start to go through your clear coat. so it made me wonder if too much machine polishing to remove scratches can harm the gold . car paint is probably not a good example, but you know what i mean

IMG_20180520_001009.jpg

that wallmart $

44019404-B5AA-4C7E-99AF-BBA11CBB9F94.jpeg
Current set up.. Small 22 gram 14k solid gold pendant with 2cts of diamonds. And a gold & diamond ring my grandpa gave me from his younger years. I’d say maybe 1-1.5 cts on the Ring? And rope chain. Honestly looking to trade in my pendant for a nice watch. Been looking at older Rolex DateJusts and Panerai’s. Then came across Rolex’s little brother Tudor and their Black Bays. Not trying to spend more then 4k including what my jeweler would give me back for my pendant and chain.

i say keep ur set up and just stack up more.

ebay has preowned small face rolex watches with aftermarket bands for affordable prices.

this reminded me to ask if there is a limit you can polish gold? a real polish like they do on the machine, not one off those $5 cloths of Amazon. any downsides or issues to do it? i was wondering because like with a car you can only correct the paint so much before you start to go through your clear coat. so it made me wonder if too much machine polishing to remove scratches can harm the gold . car paint is probably not a good example, but you know what i mean

You can polish gold as much as you want, but you will lose gold every time you polish it. And you can mess up the shape of your jewelry, for example you can check out rolexes that have been overpolished and the fluted bezel is rounded.

You can polish gold as much as you want, but you will lose gold every time you polish it. And you can mess up the shape of your jewelry, for example you can check out rolexes that have been overpolished and the fluted bezel is rounded.

the shape changing never dawned on me. good info

So I’m losing gold every time I clean it with one of those cloths? Or just the machine?

Sometimes I clean my bracelet and it comes out black non stop and I’m wondering how did this get so dirty?? Maybe I was just wiping metal off :lol:

You're wiping metal off, I think the black part is a reaction with the cloth. It does the same for stainless steel on watches, even if you clean the watch beforehand anywhere you wipe turns black.

Back
Top Bottom