**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I purchased a 5mm from Daniel’s before. The one I received was machine made so sent it back. Seems like he sells both.

The only thing handmade was the box lock :lol:

I purchased a 5mm from Daniel’s before. The one I received was machine made so sent it back. Seems like he sells both.

how does the machine made chain look different?

I got a 14k 4mm 24" from Daniel, its def machine made, its not too bad though. I might upgrade to a 8 or 9mm 20", I didn't realize 24" could be so long when I bought it. Not too sure on their 5mm, but Rey does 5.5mm handmade.

While we talking Daniel’s, I got a quote for a 10g 14k custom pendant for $600. Sounds reasonable?

$60 a gram for a custom, I would try to bargain but I guess it doesn't sound too bad considering they have to design it, and if its a CAD that would be even better. I heard people get pieces there where its hand cut and it just didn't come out to what they really wanted it to be. Just my two cents

$60 a gram for a custom, I would try to bargain but I guess it doesn't sound too bad considering they have to design it, and if its a CAD that would be even better. I heard people get pieces there where its hand cut and it just didn't come out to what they really wanted it to be. Just my two cents

I appreciate the feedback. Yea its CAD. Jacoje quoted me 1100 for the same exact piece 😳. So safe to say I’m going to roll with Daniel.

Here is my Daniel 4mm 24" with box clasp. Got it a few years ago:
60627837431__B77A346B-905B-4734-BFFF-EB51A7AB4211.jpeg

Has anyone ever bought or tried one of those trio shine machines that are both a steamer and ultrasonic cleaner in one? Im thinking of ordering one to try out.

Here's the 5mm 24 inch and 4mm 22 inch both in 14K from Daniels that were listed as "handmade" but I'm not sure now with the mixed reviews. Either way, I'm happy with the purchase.
5mm looks a lot larger there, I've always thought 5mm is when a lot of chains start to look big.
Daniel’s 4mm and 5mm machine-made Cubans looks like Spaghetti-O’s
you mean the links look longer/looser? I greatly enjoy the videos of jewelry being made but I haven't spent a lot of time watching the chain videos to appreciate just how/why certain links end up looking different. there is a shortage of HD videos of stones being set but I guess those would give secrets away.

David claims the Spaghetti-O Links are handmade but they have another jewelers mark. It’s a “M” inside one of these diamonds
4340B1FB-6537-4B46-B58E-08834225584D.jpeg

There’s nothing wrong with selling those Spaghetti-O chains but he shouldn’t be trying to pass them off as handmade.

I love those videos myself. Ive come to realize that each manufacturer has a slightly different way of making the links.
Lirys for example has more of a space between the links and tend to be more chunky looking compared to Daniels and others which makes them tighter and more flat looking. From my research it seems most people tend to like the latter but I don't think there is an "official" way to make them. It all comes down to preference. When I had the Lirys 9mm in hand I actually liked the chunkiness of it. What really pushed me to make the return was that some of the links were unevenly spaced at random and a good majority were also under 9mm which is not what I ordered.

5mm looks a lot larger there, I've always thought 5mm is when a lot of chains start to look big.

you mean the links look longer/looser? I greatly enjoy the videos of jewelry being made but I haven't spent a lot of time watching the chain videos to appreciate just how/why certain links end up looking different. there is a shortage of HD videos of stones being set but I guess those would give secrets away.

Here are two examples of his handmade links(the photos belong to members of this thread):
65C8B49E-2BFC-4541-9419-1744FD768BB9.jpeg

C3BDFA43-EF6F-4B4B-8CEE-C19B36A4EFC3.jpeg

Daniel’s handmade chains have flat links and his proper marker

With that said it’s obvious Daniel’s does sell some handmade chains. Anything 6mm and up will probably be handmade. 5mm is a crapshoot. 4mm are all machine made.

I’d recommend going to Rey’s or Leon. CMG also make great looking cubans but there are mixed reviews about customer service.

How do you like the 4mm? I think i may try to get one with a small pendant for daily wear.
I personally love it. I do always wear it paired with the 5mm so the size is perfect for the stacked looked. The 4mm is very subtle and smaller in person than in pictures, but if paired with a pendant it'll be perfect to allow the piece to get all of the attention.

Here are two examples of his handmade links(the photos belong to members of this thread):

C3BDFA43-EF6F-4B4B-8CEE-C19B36A4EFC3.jpeg

Daniel’s handmade chains have flat links and his proper marker

Oh hey look, its my old chain. My experience with that chain from Daniels was terrible. I've posted before that I bought before I knew better, the 5mm I had from Daniels would kink and twist. When laid flat a lot of the links looked uneven. From my experience I wouldn't recommend them, but I've seen others with 4 and 5 mm chains that look good. I'd recommend stepping up to a size that's for sure handmade.

I love those videos myself. Ive come to realize that each manufacturer has a slightly different way of making the links.
Lirys for example has more of a space between the links and tend to be more chunky looking compared to Daniels and others which makes them tighter and more flat looking. From my research it seems most people tend to like the latter but I don't think there is an "official" way to make them. It all comes down to preference. When I had the Lirys 9mm in hand I actually liked the chunkiness of it. What really pushed me to make the return was that some of the links were unevenly spaced at random and a good majority were also under 9mm which is not what I ordered.
I prefer the chunky looking curb/cubans aswell but yeah I think many of them are kinda flat, looking for pre owned (cheap) chains over the years on fleabay I think I've come across quite a few which were described as 11-12mm and like 3mm on the sides. my cuban is 9.5mm & around 3mm on the sides (3.21 to be exact) & would just expect the links to be a little chunkier if they were nearly half an inch wide.

Back
Top Bottom