**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Never saw this colour combo

Attachments

• 8138884E-874D-4752-9AB0-4297E6D8F21E.jpeg
    8138884E-874D-4752-9AB0-4297E6D8F21E.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 454
i'm an absolute rookie when it comes to jewelry. only joint i have is this thin 24k chain my parents gifted me back when I was a teenager +20 years ago. been heavily thinking about a cuban and will be dropping by a local jewelry shop this week.

any suggestions yall have in terms of width x length x weight? i'm probably going 18k. 24k is too deep for my pocketbooks right now though I figure long term it's a better investment. also, pardon my ignorance but mom's said she haggled/negotiated with her jeweler. you can do this? appreciate any info

i'm an absolute rookie when it comes to jewelry. only joint i have is this thin 24k chain my parents gifted me back when I was a teenager +20 years ago. been heavily thinking about a cuban and will be dropping by a local jewelry shop this week.

any suggestions yall have in terms of width x length x weight? i'm probably going 18k. 24k is too deep for my pocketbooks right now though I figure long term it's a better investment. also, pardon my ignorance but mom's said she haggled/negotiated with her jeweler. you can do this? appreciate any info

I like my everyday 18k chain , it's not too big and not that small . 18k 7mm 119 grams 25 inch . If you get something around that without breaking your budget I'm sure you will like it . 23- 26 inches look good for everyday chains , longer than that you on some early 2000's ish .

CASH is king with local jewelry stores and pawn shops , they can be negotiated with . Big name stores like Jared and Zales charge a lot for no reason and aren't worth the trouble .

I like my everyday 18k chain , it's not too big and not that small . 18k 7mm 119 grams 25 inch . If you get something around that without breaking your budget I'm sure you will like it . 23- 26 inches look good for everyday chains , longer than that you on some early 2000's ish .

CASH is king with local jewelry stores and pawn shops , they can be negotiated with . Big name stores like Jared and Zales charge a lot for no reason and aren't worth the trouble .

absolutely appreciate this insight my G. been doing some research but it's good to hear it from someone directly, especially with my uncertainty with the weight. gives me an idea of what I can be expecting to spend.

absolutely appreciate this insight my G. been doing some research but it's good to hear it from someone directly, especially with my uncertainty with the weight. gives me an idea of what I can be expecting to spend.
Leon’s has them on his website. I would go with them or Daniels
876E9752-1156-4696-B75B-368964A3E4A5.png
0D3318F6-58A1-48F3-8E6D-D6E132636A22.png

reys is the best quality n usually has really good prices to but there is a around 2 month wait for Rey to make ur chain.
tbh u can’t go wrong with any of these shops.
I have included their numbers. both Leon n Rey respond swiftly.
leon will let u know what other chains they have in stock not up on the website.

Shop around and make sure to get the gram weight and price THEN COMPARE.
u can decide what u want from there.
The consensus of the thread about Cubans is if your gonna get brand new these two are the ones to go to for quality and customer service. If you want something you can just order online and be done maybe check out Daniel's

Personally in the same boat thinking of getting a 10mm+ Cuban but not intrested in paying 45-50 a gram which is what I'm seeing atm.

I aint going to lie Zales and the rest of them aint to bad if you looking for different type of stuff now gold or silver chains hell no they always trying to rip you off. But when I got my wedding band and my wife's ring in rose gold none of the hood jewelry stores sold any rose gold walked out of zales for $1100 total but sales women was a G let use use her employee discount on top of a %50 off sale.

my math aint the best so i must be missing something here. spot gold is under 35g for 14k so these jewelers charging 10-15 a gram for labor? so thousands (depending on weight) to make a chain? don't get me wrong i totally understand they have other bills, overhead, but theses dudes straight taxin. who was that jeweler posting 5 bucks per gram for labor on a chain?

i remember years back when gold was like an all time high around 1850 (at that time) and Daniels jeweler out of all places gave me a quote of 38 a gram for 14k gold. unless i am completely missing something here it seems like these places are taxing higher and higher due to the demand for chains. 45-55 a gram for a chain when gold is under 1900 is a ripoff plain and simple.

jewelers are buying gold in bulk getting discounts. they dont pay the same as me and you on the streets with all the premiums.

my math aint the best so i must be missing something here. spot gold is under 35g for 14k so these jewelers charging 10-15 a gram for labor? so thousands (depending on weight) to make a chain? don't get me wrong i totally understand they have other bills, overhead, but theses dudes straight taxin. who was that jeweler posting 5 bucks per gram for labor on a chain?

i remember years back when gold was like an all time high around 1850 (at that time) and Daniels jeweler out of all places gave me a quote of 38 a gram for 14k gold. unless i am completely missing something here it seems like these places are taxing higher and higher due to the demand for chains. 45-55 a gram for a chain when gold is under 1900 is a ripoff plain and simple.

jewelers are buying gold in bulk getting discounts. they dont pay the same as me and you on the streets with all the premiums.
Supply and demand will always be a factor. Even if you got the gold for the price they did you don’t know how to make a chain so in essence you get what you pay for. Some are obviously cheaper but you also need to know who to go to for quality premium quality always cost extra imo

Supply and demand will always be a factor. Even if you got the gold for the price they did you don’t know how to make a chain so in essence you get what you pay for. Some are obviously cheaper but you also need to know who to go to for quality premium quality always cost extra imo

that seems to be the crux of it. they taxin

that seems to be the crux of it. they taxin

Welcome to the world lol

Everybody taxin

That's how it all works.

sure you can have 50 grams of spot gold you bought at market price but unless you're gonna wear a brick of gold tied to a shoe string you're gonna have to pay for the craftsmanship of turning that mound of metal into something compelling. Hand made at that.

I know ya'll are going over the regular Reys, Leon, and Daniels. I got my cuban done by Limaxi Jewelry outta Tampa. I don't know what his going rates are but my experience was good with them. They do overnight shipping fully insured. IG is limaxigold

Anyone got any diamond tennis bracelet recommendations for a guy? trying to see what's the right price range something not to flashy but simple

U come out better buying gold at $1850 even after premiums and tax it's $2000 for 31 grams of gold. Thats around 57-58 grams of 14k for $2000 or $35ish a gram and reys charge $4-7 a gram for labor. $40 maybe $42 a gram but $58.. taxin for real

thoughts on both?
Ur gonna be disappointed. That is about 1-2mm. Leave that for the women.
tennis chains don’t look good imho for bracelets for men unless bigger mm or stacked. But as a necklace I can see 1-2mm tennis chains being more acceptable.

I know ya'll are going over the regular Reys, Leon, and Daniels. I got my cuban done by Limaxi Jewelry outta Tampa. I don't know what his going rates are but my experience was good with them. They do overnight shipping fully insured. IG is limaxigold
My boy showed me their ig page and they official with their werk. The Tampa price was better compared to Miami prices. Limaxi gold in Tampa is also a good shop to coo cubans from.

Can someone explain something to me.
Rey’s 10mm 8.5” 14k Cuban link bracelet = 64 grams
Las villas same specs = 66 grams

however Leon has a 9.2mm 8.5 that weights 66.7 grams.

is that common and normal that a bracelet that’s almost 1mm thinner weights more?

Back
Top Bottom