The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Has anyone bought a pari of the black/sheen (pinkish) lows? I don't think I've seen one real life photo of that pair in this thread. Something about them appeals to me, though I'm not biting at the $160 retail price. But curious to see images other than Nike's official shots. Haven't come across them, oddly, in any stores near me in SoCal that I frequent. 

I got my eye on em too. Holdin out for a sale.

Go to ebay for real pics.

And yeah they seem to be kinda limited or scarce @ the very least. Not many stores around me have em either.

I got my eye on em too. Holdin out for a sale.

Go to ebay for real pics.

And yeah they seem to be kinda limited or scarce @ the very least. Not many stores around me have em either.
Waiting for a sale as well, seems to only be available on NDC none of the other major retailers have them online. 

Waiting for a sale as well, seems to only be available on NDC none of the other major retailers have them online. 
Yeah because of this fact, I bit on a pair on eBay. He was selling for $147 brand new, I got my offer accepted at $140, and then I used the $15 off $75 eBay coupon that was available a few days ago to get them down to $125 shipped. I was okay with that. They seem to be the most limited so I didn't want to risk my size selling out.

Congrats on the acquisition. Those are indeed his PE's. Feel free to remove the picture of the tag whenever. Looking forward to the update!

PO

Congrats on the acquisition. Those are indeed his PE's. Feel free to remove the picture of the tag whenever. Looking forward to the update!

PO
Done! And thanks! How do you check something like that, anyway? Do you have access to a database of all the numbers?

NP. Yeah, something like that..
laugh.gif

PO
Haha, sorry for my ignorance if I am unaware of your connections. I know you're a huge collector and I follow you on IG, I guess I just don't know the extent of your reach. I may send you a PM soon, please keep your eyes peeled!

Anywhere have the black toes for +/- 130? Size 11.
I returned my full price pair a few weeks back hoping for a discount and haven't seen one anywhere.

appreciate the heads up on the black cats

can't believe in this day and age that FNL still charges shipping for domestic shipments :smh:

FNL is the only place I've paid shipping in maybe the past 3-4 years.

Footlocker and them still charge shipping too.
At least with finishline, you get the winners circle that can be used on anything.

I think it's always free shipping if it's over $75 and I don't think I've bought anything lower than that from there. Or I think it's always free shipping if you're a VIP, no?

FNL doesn't count shipping and tax for Winners Circle Rewards point though, like on the AJ31 Black Cats I just ordered, totalled to $110 shipped and I am just getting 94 points.

Speaking of FNL, I saw on the app that they sent me an email about getting $15 reward if I ordered something $100+ by the 18th and yeah I don't think my AJ31 still wouldn't count :lol:

Last edited:
I think it's always free shipping if it's over $75 and I don't think I've bought anything lower than that from there. Or I think it's always free shipping if you're a VIP, no?

FNL doesn't count shipping and tax for Winners Circle Rewards point though, like on the AJ31 Black Cats I just ordered, totalled to $110 shipped and I am just getting 94 points.

Speaking of FNL, I saw on the app that they sent me an email about getting $15 reward if I ordered something $100+ by the 18th and yeah I don't think my AJ31 still wouldn't count :lol:

Most of the time, you have to apply a promo for free shipping for $75 like you mentioned. The fact that you can't stack promos means a lot of times you have to choose between free shipping or a 15% off promo.

Also, looks like youbused the promo code which essentially removes shipping.

Lastly, you can stack promo codes and winners circle rewards if you meet the quota.

Last lastly, you could do an in store order which would get rid of shipping but you wouldn't be able to stack a promo code.

FNL dropped the price of the black cats to $105. Got them for $108 and change after tax and shipping using code 10SUMMER100

Thanks for the heads up! Finally got that teeeeuuun
ebates at 7% too

Last edited:

Love the look - pretty much exactly the design I want in a hoop shoe but can't look at that pic and forget about the traction giving out on me over and over when I copped the Michigan lows. 
This is a general question not specific to the XXXIs but to the semi-regular comments across NT about traction: When I was in HS and college in the mid-late '90s, my teammates and I would always first wear our brand new Nike game and practice shoes outside the gym and purposely scuff the outsoles back and forth on the cement sidewalk. We did this because many brand new shoes seemed to have a glossy coating on the soles that made them slippery AF straight out of the box. Believe it or not, this generally seemed to work, so much so that you'd routinely find members of my HS basketball team outside doing this whenever they got new shoes. Basically the shoe equivalent of breaking in a new set of tires. 

Does/did anyone else do this? Has anyone here who plays regularly ever try it? Just curious. 

when it comes eastbay and ftl, when there's a % coupon code, it's usually tied with free shipping

and being an FTL VIP member, you also accumulate enough points to get discount, at this point I've spent enough that I get a $15-$20 off for my next purchase through VIP every time I purchase something

but it's beyond foot stores, I've bough from Nordstrom, Macys, Barneys, etc... and even smaller stores like Ruvilla offers free shipping

I'm just saying FNL feels dated and it doesn't really matter if I get to use promo code that nullifies the shipping cost, on other sites, I could use the coupon and still get free shipping

it just feels dated to me when so many online vendors offer free shipping these days

This is a general question not specific to the XXXIs but to the semi-regular comments across NT about traction: When I was in HS and college in the mid-late '90s, my teammates and I would always first wear our brand new Nike game and practice shoes outside the gym and purposely scuff the outsoles back and forth on the cement sidewalk. We did this because many brand new shoes seemed to have a glossy coating on the soles that made them slippery AF straight out of the box. Believe it or not, this generally seemed to work, so much so that you'd routinely find members of my HS basketball team outside doing this whenever they got new shoes. Basically the shoe equivalent of breaking in a new set of tires. 
Does/did anyone else do this? Has anyone here who plays regularly ever try it? Just curious. 
have not tried this however in my past kobe 11 pair the Achilles to be exact I wore em in a gusmacker last minute notice for 1 game and noticed they did stick to multiple floors much better than before using em outside hmmm

have not tried this however in my past kobe 11 pair the Achilles to be exact I wore em in a gusmacker last minute notice for 1 game and noticed they did stick to multiple floors much better than before using em outside hmmm
Not surprised. That's why we used to do it all the time. Getting rid of the thin layer of film, and roughing up the rubber a bit always seemed to work. 

Not surprised. That's why we used to do it all the time. Getting rid of the thin layer of film, and roughing up the rubber a bit always seemed to work. 
Shot around on my driveway in both the N7 and all star and they are both sticking better. We used to do this too.

when it comes eastbay and ftl, when there's a % coupon code, it's usually tied with free shipping

and being an FTL VIP member, you also accumulate enough points to get discount, at this point I've spent enough that I get a $15-$20 off for my next purchase through VIP every time I purchase something

but it's beyond foot stores, I've bough from Nordstrom, Macys, Barneys, etc... and even smaller stores like Ruvilla offers free shipping

I'm just saying FNL feels dated and it doesn't really matter if I get to use promo code that nullifies the shipping cost, on other sites, I could use the coupon and still get free shipping

it just feels dated to me when so many online vendors offer free shipping these days

My man... finishline does offer free shipping on select items just like other spots and you also accumulate points too.
And villa isn't free shipping on every item either. You have to exceed a certain threshold for them and you don't points either.

It's like, why complain just to complain? Is it not the cheapest price online right now?

Back
Top Bottom