The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

It's not even about the look but the materials used. The 9-14 didn't use some all new materials that had never before been used by Nike.

The original post on the topic was the 31 resembles a LeBron. I've never seen a LeBron signature with FlyWeave. That type of construction is common amongst Nikes current sneakers. The KD 8 for example. It's not as if JB creates a never before seen material every signature shoe and suddenly copied what's on the market. I believe the first FlyWeave signature was a Jordan.

I'm sure that NT member only said that because some older LeBrons (8, 10?) Had similar color contrast).
But that's it imo, because none of any LeBron signature shoe had that sleek, streamlined shape but rather being quite bulky.

Among the Olympic 2016 basketball shoes I must say the Air Jordan xxx1 still look the best.
If you can wear KDs, Kobes and Kyries off court, then these definitely have even a better casual wear look.
Or do some of us newbies prefer to wear the AJ 15, 19, 2009, 2010, 2012 casually over the xxx1?
I love to wear the xx8 off court though i know there are not many daring to wear them for casual.
Xx8 were quite neck breakers though when they came out.
But too many released colorways were not cool.

Do you guys think these will go under $100 at the outlets? Based on that PS'd pic above, I think if the Jumpman is removable, you could turn them into decent customs.

Last edited:
These are PERFORMANCE BASKETBALL shoes. They aren't designed to look good so you can brag about wearing $200 shoes at a weekend barbecue.

The logos and jumpman are designed to stand out on COURT and that is why they are there.

These are PERFORMANCE BASKETBALL shoes. They aren't designed to look good so you can brag about wearing $200 shoes at a weekend barbecue.

The logos and jumpman are designed to stand out on COURT and that is why they are there.

What are you talking about? Jordan Brand has always put design as one of the premier focuses of the signature line. They're the ones who hyped up the design of this shoe calling it the past meets future etc.

Lol please teach me more . I'm 28 .So, technically no ,but I haven't been living under a rock my entire life. Every model hits outlets? That's news to me , especially bred color ways . Currys aren't fetching $185, Kyries, Lebron soldier, or any Kds that were on FNL aren't either. But that was just a quick look. Idk all the differences in technology but I doubt it is a 55-60$ difference

Putting banned on the soles is a gimmick. Not sure how that relates to him being fined but please tell me. You coming off as the all knowing being on this site is doing the exact opposite of what you're trying to do.

It's been discussed but the leather is more likely a synthetic type due to the "bonding" or transition from flyknit to "leather". I'm sure YOU know though :rolleyes

Also, i just paid $240 for a shoe with 1990 technology so I don't get the correlation from past pricing to today or vice versa but ok. I play pick up games and in local half *** rec leagues so if JB is really going to be reimagining his line going forward I'll tune back in for the XXXIIIs.
Lol please teach me more . I'm 28 .So, technically no ,but I haven't been living under a rock my entire life. Every model hits outlets? That's news to me , especially bred color ways . Currys aren't fetching $185, Kyries, Lebron soldier, or any Kds that were on FNL aren't either. But that was just a quick look. Idk all the differences in technology but I doubt it is a 55-60$ difference

Putting banned on the soles is a gimmick. Not sure how that relates to him being fined but please tell me. You coming off as the all knowing being on this site is doing the exact opposite of what you're trying to do.

It's been discussed but the leather is more likely a synthetic type due to the "bonding" or transition from flyknit to "leather". I'm sure YOU know though :rolleyes

Also, i just paid $240 for a shoe with 1990 technology so I don't get the correlation from past pricing to today or vice versa but ok. I play pick up games and in local half *** rec leagues so if JB is really going to be reimagining his line going forward I'll tune back in for the XXXIIIs.

Lol, again one topic at a time ( even though it didnt help you much last time considering the reply).

1.All models hit outlets ( IT JUST DEPENDS ON THE COLORWAY) that means that the breds (that you did not specify in your original post) may not but other colorways will find their way to outlets.

2. Tier 1 Nike sig shoes are over $185 for the most part, the KD9 broke that mold but but the KD 8 was $180. Look at the bron 13 ( not the soldiers that you used as an example), kobe xi , past jordans xx8,xx9,xxx. I am assuming you are smart enough to know under armour is not goong to be equal to a nike top tier shoe price wise so why you brought that up is beyond me.

3. When you say gimmick I assume you mean it is a selling point in which case the banned print on the sole is not that but just history to a shoe that most ppl under 35 would not know. If you are not sure how the term banned is related to him being fined for wearing them then I would let you figure it out on your own, Its pretty basic comprehension. I veiw a gimmick as something that is mean to sell the performance of a performance shoe.

I think it's fairly obvious the 28's, 29's, and 30's were all designed with a preference for performance over casual aesthetics.

Theres some cool potential for college pe models, and maybe a gold to purple Laker PE with a gold jumpman.... Wooooo[emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji]

Lebron sigs didn't get bulky until the 4s though.

LeBron 2 not bulky to you?
I have them and they are bulky in the overall shape, especially the sole was massive and not so bendable compared to the more sleek LeBron 1 (air zoom generation)

LeBron 2 not bulky to you?
I have them and they are bulky in the overall shape, especially the sole was massive and not so bendable compared to the more sleek LeBron 1 (air zoom generation)
Definitely bulky.  Even more so when you use it with the strap.

@jayzrdead  your work on those colorways is always phenomenal.  I almost cannot look at them long though because I know we won't get anything as nice with what actually releases 
laugh.gif
tired.gif

You can make modern performance basketball shoes that actually look good for casual wear.. Look at the Kobe 9 lows and Kyrie 2s.

Don't know why JB is looking back to the past for inspiration/themes. Aren't they suppose to be the ones who "push the envelope" of innovation? And if that's the case, why look back at the Jordan 1, a model that MJ didn't even like all that much (didn't he call the Black/Red "devil shoes!) as the theme for this "reboot"? We all know that The AJ3 saved the MJ signature line and kept Jordan with Nike instead of pulling a KD and head for a different company. And the AJ1 technically wasn't even the model banned, since it was the Air Ships that started the whole "banned" controversy. I guess performance of the AJ31 will dictate it all now, since a good majority of people on forums, blogs don't really like how aesthetically the AJ31 came out. Who is Jordan Brand consulting for the designs anyways!. Can't be Jordan fans or purists, since many of the OG-heads here have said the same thing: lose the oversized jumpman.

Signed up, created an account, and verified an email all just to say this:

Are you SERIOUS?! These are trash
laugh.gif

Logos too close, jumpman too big, silhouette way too basic, like some old 90s Nikes made for power forwards.
laugh.gif
Get these Air Antonio Mcdyess outta here

Maybe some outside perspective is needed, some of you are a little too smart for your own good. Forget all the fanboy jargon and insider knowledge and blah blah blah---

Does the shoe look good or not? They do not. CLEARLY

Back
Top Bottom