The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

These are PERFORMANCE BASKETBALL shoes. They aren't designed to look good so you can brag about wearing $200 shoes at a weekend barbecue.

The logos and jumpman are designed to stand out on COURT and that is why they are there.
these ***** is terrible tho

depending on the cw the xx9s is hard

these ***** look like team jordan joints, the shape not even cool at all, these fall into that numbered year group (2009, 2010, and arguably 2012) of terrible designs

Ready for that early access so i can get a discount with out waiting 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
These are PERFORMANCE BASKETBALL shoes. They aren't designed to look good so you can brag about wearing $200 shoes at a weekend barbecue.

The logos and jumpman are designed to stand out on COURT and that is why they are there.

Its not all about performance and never has been. If it was, Jordan brand wouldn't be what it is today.

The 6's had 2 gigantic holes in the tongue...the 4's have 'wings' on them....the 11s have patent leather, and so on and so on. Why? Not for performance, but BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD.

If its ALL about performance go cop some Curry 2 lows and be done with it...

Signed up, created an account, and verified an email all just to say this:

Are you SERIOUS?! These are trash :lol:

Logos too close, jumpman too big, silhouette way too basic, like some old 90s Nikes made for power forwards.:lol: Get these Air Antonio Mcdyess outta here

Maybe some outside perspective is needed, some of you are a little too smart for your own good. Forget all the fanboy jargon and insider knowledge and blah blah blah---

Does the shoe look good or not? They do not. CLEARLY

Air McDyess :lol:

The sad part is the more i look at the front of the white usa editions those look like some dope Hyperdunks!

Then i see the jumpman and sadness ensues.

Question to the round:
Which shoe got really banned?
Which shoe did nike really pay the fines for every game MJ wore in the NBA?
As far as i know, MJ wore the black reds only in the slam dunk contest and maybe the ASG 1985 too?
Otherwise he mostly wore the white/red-black 1s aka Chicagos after the AJ1 were out replacing the Nike Airships right?

Question to the round:
As far as i know, MJ wore the black reds only in the slam dunk contest and maybe the ASG 1985 too?
Otherwise he mostly wore the white/red-black 1s aka Chicagos after the AJ1 were out replacing the Nike Airships right?
1. Nike Air Ship

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

Question to the round:
Wasn't the original shoe that got banned the Nike air ship?

So I guess the reminder sign up during the stream was the same as the reservation that was just posted. Tried to sign up, and told me I was already registered.

Liked the banned CW.  Mostly for the "banned" branding/box.  Not a shoe I can see myself wearing, but I have one of each sig model from 1-30.  These seem like a good one to go w/ for the 31

Now all focus on 9/3 can go to Blk/Red 1's and striking out completely :smile:

Slightly off topic but I did my own version of what I envisioned the 31 would look like and this is what I came up with. Figured I'd show it here since there's been a good discussion about the real one going on. Without getting too into it my model was based on the idea of what would he wear today if he was 31 years old (I know the years don't correspond to the JB line). For inspiration I looked at one of the cars he had when he was 31, which was the Ferrari Testarossa and drew some inspiration from it as well as the modern version of the car the F12 and F12 TRS. If anyone wants more details I'm happy to share, just trying to keep the text to a minimum. 

Slightly off topic but I did my own version of what I envisioned the 31 would look like and this is what I came up with. Figured I'd show it here since there's been a good discussion about the real one going on. Without getting too into it my model was based on the idea of what would he wear today if he was 31 years old (I know the years don't correspond to the JB line). For inspiration I looked at one of the cars he had when he was 31, which was the Ferrari Testarossa and drew some inspiration from it as well as the modern version of the car the F12 and F12 TRS. If anyone wants more details I'm happy to share, just trying to keep the text to a minimum. 
Pretty clean. Personally not wild about the text placement on the shoe, but otherwise nice. Lunar in the heel, or you weren't designing also based on tech?

Pretty clean. Personally not wild about the text placement on the shoe, but otherwise nice. Lunar in the heel, or you weren't designing also based on tech?
Yeah Lunar in the heel. Most of the tech would be pretty inline with the xx9 and xxx. The one thing I tried to update in terms of the tooling was using the carbon fiber as a lateral support and a shank in 1 piece. I've seen the Kobe X and the xx9 and xxx all use carbon fiber as a lateral stabilizer but its a separate piece from the shank. Therefore the large carbon piece in the midsole. 

Back
Top Bottom