The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

No hate but you should post that in the sneaker art forum and just link to it here. No need to muddy the waters and we've already gone through someone detailing the thread with their design.

https://www.nike.com/events-registr...pObpQ&site=je6NUbpObpQ-SVdpJ2dTMWQNLguszmdu7g

Id suggest you all book a spot something tells me a chance to cop the bred 1's will be tied to this shoe... Just a feeling

I have the feeling... too bad I'm outside of the US. WILL Nike utilize the automatic payment on these? Or will a link be given to early sign ups that lets people cop...?

Someone also said those that signed up for live stream already has a spot reserved already?

Last edited:
These are PERFORMANCE BASKETBALL shoes. They aren't designed to look good so you can brag about wearing $200 shoes at a weekend barbecue.

The logos and jumpman are designed to stand out on COURT and that is why they are there.
The 6's had 2 gigantic holes in the tongue...the 4's have 'wings' on them....the 11s have patent leather, and so on and so on. Why? Not for performance, but BECAUSE IT LOOKS GOOD.
The holes in the tongue were to assist in putting the shoe on, and the wings and patent leather were for added support.

Try again.

:rofl: :rofl: take this rep
Couldn't agree more with the rest of the post too
:lol: what a load of crap. the wings part MAYBE..
Everything else is bs

It's not BS.
The patent leather which rounded up the whole side area gave the aj11 additional stability as the mesh upper was too soft to keep the feet for a proper lock down.
Patent leather is much stiffer than smooth or tumbled leather but that you should know.
The lizard pattern leather of the 12 were not only for style but gave them support as the forefoot generates much tear when you cut fast on the court.
The holes in the rubber tongue and heel tab of the aj6 were style and function altogether.
I really utilize them when i get it.
Same as the strap heeltab of the 7 - 10.

And I totally disagree that JB would not care about design and style for their air jordan signatures anymore.
I still wear my 2011, 2012, xx8 and xx9 much more frequent for casual than my xv, xix and xx1.

There is no need to keep saying air Jordans need to be made of leather upper. The era of using full leather upper for basketball shoes is over like it was over with canvas (chucks).
If people wear mesh and flyknit for casual why can't we jordan wearers do the same?

Last edited:
Rrright. So here's a list ofthe inspiration behind most if not all Js

http://blog.champssports.com/list-everything-that-ever-inspired-air-jordan-sneaker

From elephant print, to feaux cement, to jet fighter teeth on the 5s, to the vents on the 5s, or hell if we really wanna keep it real making air itself visble- --they have nothing to do with performance. Its pretty silly to argue otherwise

The dead giveaway is that if its REALLY for performance- --like the Js in recent years (flight plate,flyknit, et)- --then they would continue to use it again. ..like the Js in recent years

The holes in the tongue were to assist in putting the shoe on, and the wings and patent leather were for added support.

Try again.
:lol: what a load of crap. the wings part MAYBE..
Everything else is bs

BS huh?

I suggest you go read Sole Collector issue 22, those are all things Tinker talked about himself.

regarding the tongue on the VI:

now have a seat.

Wait, wait, im new here is this like a Wednesday thing or are these dudes serious? lmao

So, please explain to me the basketball functionality of the 25's!?!

"Yea Bob, we put this big *** hole on the side to ensure ankle lockdown and lateral support"

The 29's?

"Yea guys, see this big *** jumpman actually locks in moisture, its not ACTUALLY just a big *** jumpman"

Please.

So does this mean that there is no FINE PRINT model coming out. There is no mention of this colorway releasing anymore. Anyone have info?

Maybe XXX2 will be released directly to Nike id with options not only with colors but placement of logos. I know it's not going to happen. Just a thought.

yes bs, tinker can say whatever he wants, he's full of ish half the time too. Just like homie above said, they were talking about how that hole in the 2010's meant all this or all that or having such and such functionality or added breathability when at the end of the day its just a big *** hole on the side of the shoes.
90% of the people with Jordan vi's don't even know those holes are to put your fingers in to put your shoes on, and even if they did they probably wouldn't even use them for that since they're not even necessary for that purpose at all.

Well I bet you feel dumb.
you talking to me b? If so, then not at all

Last edited:
yes bs, tinker can say whatever he wants, he's full of ish half the time too. Just like homie above said, they were talking about how that hole in the 2010's meant all this or all that or having such and such functionality or added breathability when at the end of the day its just a big *** hole on the side of the shoes.
90% of the people with Jordan vi's don't even know those holes are to put your fingers in to put your shoes on, and even if they did they probably wouldn't even use them for that since they're not even necessary for that purpose at all.
Bruh you're in denial.

Put that jumpman on the back and you may have the best Js in over a decade smh

I think everyone would understand if they ONLY had the swoosh. Like the OG 1s. Thats where i think Mike may still have overriding final decision

In his advancing years I can see him telling tinker "Idgaf what you do, but i want the jumpman THIS big....Forever.

Back
Top Bottom