The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

yeah they would definitely be better with just the swoosh on them. Should add a shroud as well.

They should've wrapped a leather swoosh around the heel and put the Wings logo under it at the back. Maybe have it embossed under the leather. Maybe an embossed swoosh would've been dope too. It kind of would've started to appear after a number of wears that way. Like this :

+

+

Put the big wings logo right on the heel under the swoosh line with the basketball part where the square tab would theoretically be to separate the swoosh. But hidden under the leather until its worn down like that book. 

The Jumpman on the tongue is plenty. The Jumpman on the side ruins everything. It should be on the tongue.

I also kind of hate the curve on the collar but whatever.

But by far the big Jumpman completely destroys any potential for this shoe. Then they went and reversed it on the other shoe. It reminds me of my Husky when she destroyed my garden, put it into a pile, then promptly took a huge dump on top of it. I know its not quite the same but still

This is too blank

Is that a wings logo on the medial collar? Like, its even embossed like my concept... except punched in instead of raised.

Last edited:
This new angle of using "inspiration" of OG models starting with the AJ1 does seem to have a little bit of a lazy vibe...I'm sure Tinker and Co. will try to spin it differently though. Unless it goes like the unveiling of the XXX....didn't it seem like they weren't very excited about the XXX? I guess this shouldn't be a huge shock, for a brand that relies on its past for its present to say F it and implement it into its future. I personally haven't been inspired by a design from the sig line since the XX8. It is hard for me to get hype for this since the concept has been done over and over from JB. I guess if you want original, you shouldn't look to JB. The shoe isn't bad, or good....it is just there. The flagship shouldn't be blah, hate it or love it, it should evoke SOMETHING, and for me it doesn't.

I'm sure part of the reason is because their older, retro models are so popular but the newer ones seem to lack any appeal outside of the basketball court. This is kind of ironic because Jordans back in the day seemed to manage both on/off court appeal from day 1. A lot of this was that colorways were pretty conservative, shoes were designed primarily of leather, and, perhaps most importantly, MJ was wearing them on court.

They should've wrapped a leather swoosh around the heel and put the Wings logo under it at the back. Maybe have it embossed under the leather. Maybe an embossed swoosh would've been dope too. It kind of would've started to appear after a number of wears that way. Like this :
 View media item 2104517
+
View media item 2104531

+

View media item 2104533

The Jumpman on the tongue is plenty. The Jumpman on the side ruins everything. It should be on the tongue.

I also kind of hate the curve on the collar but whatever.

But by far the big Jumpman completely destroys any potential for this shoe. Then they went and reversed it on the other shoe. It reminds me of my Husky when she destroyed my garden, put it into a pile, then promptly took a huge dump on top of it. I know its not quite the same but still

I love the Wings logo on the back of the OG lows

If Nike woulda put the jumpman on the back of the shoe...these would be classics IMO. Still a cop for me though. The oversized out of place jumpman don't kill these for me

it kinda kills it for me.

initially i couldnt see it and they looked straight. but the logos are soo close.

i get the "fade" from nike to jump man thing but 2 different logos so close looks weird.

it has a soccer jersey advertisement type feel if that makes any sense.

i dunno maybe ill get used to it but i think one or the other would have looked better. Its DEFINITELY way more noticeable when its a 3rd color, unlike the black and reds.

it has a soccer jersey advertisement type feel if that makes any sense.

i dunno maybe ill get used to it but i think one or the other would have looked better. Its DEFINITELY way more noticeable when its a 3rd color, unlike the black and reds.
Its almost like they took their cue from the new uniforms with ads on them

Think i might just get that black and red cw 
nerd.gif

If they were ugly, at least there would be something to talk about.

But they arent. They're just bland.

From these pics it looks like either a JB shoe is slowly eating a Kobe shoe or a Kobe shoe is slowly eating a JB shoe.

lmao, right after the XXX dropped JB claimed they were already working on the XXX1.. Whoever designed these should fall back.

They remind me of jimmy buckets PE XX9, why bring back the swoosh?

Jordan brand has down quite okay, looks like they are trying to remind us that it all started with nike.

:rofl:

These 31 swooshmans are out of line.
For years we hear " no nike air on retros"
Then they say " you can have em for a price jack now"
Then they just go ahead and put a swoosh beside a jumpman on the flag ship.

Then they tell me its a aj1 tribute but it looks like a zoom bb1 update.
Joints look like some flyknit kobe 3s too .

Hopefully thats an embossed jumpman and not a stitched one.
If so I will dj hes style butcher these with an amatuer custom

That is of course some time at the outlets in like 6 months

Back
Top Bottom