The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

What's ridiculous are all the posts *****ing about our complaints meanwhile we're done complaining. Furthermore, our complaints were actually constructive criticism most likely because we're creatives and we see what could be slightly tweaked and changed to make it a home run. You people are way more annoying with this butthurt shill bs. There are more posts about it than there are actual complaints, AND with a higher word count. You sound like you don't even understand what we're complaining about. Maybe we should keep repeating ourselves until you really get it. Seriously, what did you just add to this discussion with your post? N O T H I N G  A T  A L L.

FOH

You aint wearing these casually but if you do say goodbye to women for me.

Says one of the five guys constantly complaint about the shoe. We get it, good one guy.

You've posted like 20 times how you hate the jumpman. People get it.

But all I got out of this, is if wear these casually I'm getting divorced. Makes sense.

Last edited:
But all I got out of this, is if wear these casually I'm getting divorced. Makes sense.
Unless you're this guy:
mark-wahlberg-air-jordan-2012-grey-volt-4.jpg

Mark-Wahlberg-LA-May27-UpscaleHype.jpg

:lol:

Traction is worse than a 30 year old shoe, but it's still a great shoe? :smh:

Now don't act like the traction of the previous air jordans would be better than the AJ1.
I balled in all Air Jordans from 1 - 21, 2010 - xx9 and it's amazing how sticky the plain outsoles of the aj1 are on a mild dusty floor.

wow.... these are awful. worse than the 30. Makes me wonder if this is REALLY the "real" 30, or just another half *** remake of another shoe (Jordan 1) like the 30 was of the 29. JB doesn't care anymore lol. sure would be nice if they put some love back into the new sigs but they really don't need to. year after year the masses have proven that they don't give a crap about new sigs. 

Every pic I've seen with jeans is disgusting ....hearing the performance is meh .... This is just a all around trash shoe ...I'm convinced anyone consigning this works for JB

Mark stays with the heat though

JB probably sends him these freebies :lol:

looks like me and mark are kind of the same

I'm not rich or famous, but i can wear what ever i want :smokin

everyone can wear what he/she wants. It's just whether you have enough personality to wear what you really like or just wear what is hyped in the media or community.
I've been wearing modern Air Jordans ever since the Jordan Bulls area passed.
Most people here are so conservative when it comes to wearing sneakers.
I remember, some only wear AJ 1- 5, some only AJ 1-11, some AJ 1-14.
Then we have the next category from AJ 1-23.
I rather wear some XX8 casually and be the only one on the street with them than wearing some AJ1 or 3 where I see every 5 minutes someone with them too.
Some Air Jordans have been so over-retroed that it feels like people wearing AF1 or Huraches.

Some people here act like that Air Jordans only became polarizing in terms of look atter the 23.
It actually started with the AJ9 in 1993 latest and we know the main reason why they did not sell well compared to all previous Air Jordans.

1. Michael Jordan retired. Without him playing in them you can do what you want with marketing, it's simply not the same! With the recent Air Jordans, it is even worse as many young Jordan brand consumers are even not relating Jordans to Michael Jordan at all.
2. they were much different in general look compared to the previous models being rather sleek and less elements on the upper.
The only things the 9 took over from the 8 were the lifted midfoot section on the sole and the inner bootie.

IMO, the XXX1 look cool, but it is indeed a bit disappointing that the traction seems to be inferior to the previous recent models.
But I doubt that the traction on these would be worse than the 2011 which also had a full clear outsole when you play on a mild dusty court.
I often had problems when I played in a quite dusty indoor gym. Maybe only when we have more wear tests, we finally know.

So far, I'm mostly disappointed with the traction of the AJ 6 and 11 when i played in mild dusty floor. I slipped even when i walked a lil bit fast. When doing cuts I would even fall on the ground.

Last edited:
looks like me and mark are kind of the same

I'm not rich or famous, but i can wear what ever i want :smokin
That's the point. YOU bought it? Wear whatever way YOU want to. People are so hung up with wearing fashion police badges it's silly...."if you ever wear these with jeans say goodbye to women"....just stop. In the 90's, basketball, running and training shoes were all worn with jeans but now in this era of "individuality", guys are told they can't wear basketball shoes with jeans??

Last edited:
That's the point. YOU bought it? Wear whatever way YOU want to. People are so hung up with wearing fashion police badges it's silly...."if you ever wear these with jeans say goodbye to women"....just stop. In the 90's, basketball, running and training shoes were all worn with jeans but now in this era of "individuality", guys are told they can't wear basketball shoes with jeans??

so true.
if this continues people are wearing uniforms like in China in the 1970s :smh:
Some even complain about people wearing black shoes with white socks.
Sorry, but that was cool in the 1990s and as an adult I don't care what kids think :wink:

Last edited:
The main reason i stayed away from the XXX was cus of this, If the 31 does the same im out, Ive yet to experience decent traction on a translucent out sole at least the 29 had solid rubber as Ive said many times before traction is mostly due to rubber compound than the pattern. Id rather soft sticky rubber over translucent for performance.
I was actually surprised by the translucent on the XXX, the traction has been solid for me.  Not legendary, but it has been very good - wiping here and there but really no issues.  Unfortunately some translucent patterns/compounds can be better than others... interested in more feedback on the traction w/ these 31s

I think (sorry to say), the Air Jordan XXXI is unbelievably ugly.  With the retail 185 dollars I would never purchase this sneaker.  I believe the shoe deserves at the most a $120 price point.  Trying to incorporate the Jordan 1 Banned, to me just didn't go as I imagined it would and to me looks like it turned out to be a very ugly, cheap, streetwear looking shoe, again it hurts to say but I must.

Back
Top Bottom