[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Damn is this new Kanye's new style of producing now? Big Drums, minimal melody, sampled voices. I thought he was going back to his Real Hip-Hop days where his beats had soul. This shh sounds so hollow.

Damn is this new Kanye's new style of producing now? Big Drums, minimal melody, sampled voices. I thought he was going back to his Real Hip-Hop days where his beats had soul. This shh sounds so hollow.

if Lil Kim spit that verse y'all would be dangling off the nuttz I'm not a fan of Nicki's verses 100% of the time, but she went hard on this one just give credit where its due it's not that of difficult a task...even for the biggest hater

if Lil Kim spit that verse y'all would be dangling off the nuttz I'm not a fan of Nicki's verses 100% of the time, but she went hard on this one just give credit where its due it's not that of difficult a task...even for the biggest hater

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ define "real" hip-hop

Freshman Adjustment to Late Registration. He's trying to get that sound back, but it's not working. Most of recent work, production wise, is just flat out weak. He had some gems here and there with "Already Home" and the rest of the BP3 tracks. But Already Home is the only one he did without No I.D. 
Kanye West is turning into Dr.Dre. ALL of his good shh NOW is co-produced with No I.D or some other producer. When he's alone he misses the mark 90% of the time but occasionally gets it right.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^ define "real" hip-hop

Freshman Adjustment to Late Registration. He's trying to get that sound back, but it's not working. Most of recent work, production wise, is just flat out weak. He had some gems here and there with "Already Home" and the rest of the BP3 tracks. But Already Home is the only one he did without No I.D. 
Kanye West is turning into Dr.Dre. ALL of his good shh NOW is co-produced with No I.D or some other producer. When he's alone he misses the mark 90% of the time but occasionally gets it right.

I missed everything this past weekend but GODDAMN!!!!! Nicki... I owe you an apology

Ye's pharaoh line had me dying
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

SMH. 

This statement right here is the problem with hip-hop fans.  No appreciation of musical progression in the genre.  Why sould Kanye's beats still sound soulful like they did when he first was on the scene?! I like the evolution of Kanye as a prodcuer and an artist and I don't ever understand why anyone expects anything to sound the same and the label what doesn't sound the same as "not real". I did not really care for Kanye's last album but I respected what he tried to do musically and could appreciate a handful of songs on the album.  However I never expect Kanye to have to same sound as a producer and as a fan I wouldn't want that.

A good amount of hip-hop fans have the genre in box or closed minded view of what "real hip-hop" (whatever that means) is and it makes it hard for others to progress within the genre.  Its time for progression within the genre and to put an end to the lame label of "real hip-hop" based on a few peoples expectation of sound to never change to their liking.

SMH. 

This statement right here is the problem with hip-hop fans.  No appreciation of musical progression in the genre.  Why sould Kanye's beats still sound soulful like they did when he first was on the scene?! I like the evolution of Kanye as a prodcuer and an artist and I don't ever understand why anyone expects anything to sound the same and the label what doesn't sound the same as "not real". I did not really care for Kanye's last album but I respected what he tried to do musically and could appreciate a handful of songs on the album.  However I never expect Kanye to have to same sound as a producer and as a fan I wouldn't want that.

A good amount of hip-hop fans have the genre in box or closed minded view of what "real hip-hop" (whatever that means) is and it makes it hard for others to progress within the genre.  Its time for progression within the genre and to put an end to the lame label of "real hip-hop" based on a few peoples expectation of sound to never change to their liking.

I appreciate the new sound Kanye brings... If I want his old sound, I'll go listen to his older albums. I like the progression / versatility of bringing different styles to the game.

I appreciate the new sound Kanye brings... If I want his old sound, I'll go listen to his older albums. I like the progression / versatility of bringing different styles to the game.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

SMH. 

I swear this is one of my current biggest pet peeves. Dudes with that close-minded outlook on hip-hop. Like damn, why the hate? If you want it so bad, go listen to the old stuff.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

SMH. 

I swear this is one of my current biggest pet peeves. Dudes with that close-minded outlook on hip-hop. Like damn, why the hate? If you want it so bad, go listen to the old stuff.

All I get is these vampires and blood suckers/
All I see is these $@*%@* I’ve made millionaires/
Milling about, spilling their feelings in the air[sup]1[/sup]/
All I see is these fake +%+!+ with no fangs/
Tryna draw blood with my ice cold veins/
I smell a massacre[sup]2[/sup]/
Seems to be the only way to back you bastards up/

[sup]1

[/sup]
34xgweg.png

[sup]
[/sup][sup]2[/sup]