[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Only 1 of the GOOD Friday songs is on the album?

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h2]Did Kanye’s Movie Just Enter the Best Picture Oscar Race?[/h2]
  • 10/7/10 at 4:30 PM
  • http://cache.nymag.com/gfx/px/spacer-ccc-1x10.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: inline-block; background-position: 0px 55%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">/cache.nymag.com/gfx/sect/home/chat-bubble.gif);">http://cache.nymag.com/gf...t/home/chat-bubble.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; margin-right: 3px; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 4px; padding-bottom: 4px; padding-left: 4px; text-align: center; display: inline; background-position: 50% 55%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">3Comments

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Vulture’sOscar Futureshas peggedThe Social NetworkandThe Kings’ Speechas early favorites for a Best Picture nomination, with critical favorites from earlier in the yearThe Kids Are All RightandToy Story 3, plus upcoming buzzy featuresBlack Swanand127 Hoursalso in the discussion. But is it time to start talking about Kanye’s movie?

As you may recall, Kanye explained the film — a 40-minute clip calledRunaway, based on his upcoming album — to our friends atThe Cutas “the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth … I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world.†Sounds great so far, right? Well, Kanye screenedRunawayin London last night (and in Paris the night before that) and there are a few new details that should only engender more positive vibes for ’Ye’s cinematic debut. Our five favorite things we learned aboutRunawaytoday:

• Selita Ebanks — whoisone of the models Kanye name-checks on “Christian Dior Denim Flow,†butnotone of the ones he expresses a desire to sleep with — plays the Phoenix.

• There’s a scene where Kanye is driving an expensive sports car and is hit by a fireball from the sky.

• Selita Ebanks comes out of the fireball.

• One scene involves a giant paper-mâchÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] Michael Jackson head.

• Nicki Minaj narrates part of the movie. She does so in a British accent.

(Bonus:“Yeezy wants to perform outside the pyramids but they aren’t available until April.â€)

Is 40 minutes long enough for Best Picture eligibility? Surely the Academy will make an exception. Anyway,Runaway's teaser trailer is above.

$@%% just got real

[h2]Details Emerge from Kanye’s 40 Minute FilmRunaway[/h2]

Last night at BAFTA in London, Yeezy held a screening for his filmRunaway, which he collaborated on with Vanessa Beecroft and producer Jonathan Lia.

Some details have started to trickle out:
  • Selita Ebanks co-stars as a phoenix that falls to the ground and starts dating Kanye
  • Kanye says he drew inspiration from Michael Jackson’s Thriller,The Wall and Purple Rain
  • The film is narrated by Nicki Minaj, in a British accent.
  • The version shown last night had French subtitles
  • It features a bunch of songs from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
  • It features an homage to Michael Jackson
After the screening, Kanye held a nearly 2 hour Q&A with the audience. A few highlights:
  • The film was shot in Prague over a 4 day period
  • The term “toast to the douche bagsâ€

The film is narrated by Nicki Minaj, in a British accent.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Jay uses the [/color][color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Reasonable Doubt[/color] flow on his song with Pete Rock, and they’ll be visiting the south of France towards the end of the month to finish Watch The Throne, after Kanye hands in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy on October 14th.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 <> Jay 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

^ I'm assuming he just means speaking fashion. Since she's a fashion model and all.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Jay uses the Reasonable Doubt flow on his song with Pete Rock, and they’ll be visiting the south of France towards the end of the month to finish Watch The Throne, after Kanye hands in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy on October 14th.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 <> Jay 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

slurpage before you even heard the track...smh

[h1]Kanye West: 'I Need To Recapture The Hearts Of The World'[/h1][h2]As release of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy nears, 'Ye tells Vanity Fair, 'I was a spoiled brat.'[/h2]
By James Dinh

Kanye West knows all too well how much difference a year can make. The rapper, who endured a public backlash just 12 months ago, is now incorporating a new outlook into everything from his music to his lifestyle.

In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, West opens up about the impact of his mother's death and his determination to spread her message. He also speaks about his highly anticipated new album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and fellow hip-hop heavyweight Jay-Z.

Speaking candidly about the 2007 passing of his mother, the rapper admits he never found it in himself to deal with the tragic loss.

"On one hand, I never really dealt with the loss," he tells the magazine. "But, in not dealing with the loss, I also didn't completely deal with the responsibilities that my mother used to take. She was such an amazing, well-rounded person, and I was a spoiled brat."

'Ye reveals that his mother's teaching profession had much to do with how she acted as a person, saying, "She was a teacher, and to be a teacher, you have to care about people — you can't just care about yourself. I just cared about myself. I thought the fact that so many people in the world — a million in the first week [of a record release] — cared about me, that that was enough, but it's not enough."

Now, the "Power" MC reveals, his refocused mindset has changed him for the better as he keeps the memory of his mother close to his side.

"The best thing I can do now is carry on my mother's legacy," he explains. "I need to recapture the hearts of the world just to show people how great my mother was, to show people that Donda raised a good guy.

"My responsibility is to make music that's progressive, that makes me happy, that makes everyone happy. My job in society isn't to be mad. My job is to present good music."

Much like his Fantasy collaborator Q-Tip described, West says that while he was in the process of creating his new album, he was determined to take things back a step.

"I wanted to take it back to the essence, like the soulful people who brought knowledge — like RZA and Q-Tip," he says. "At a certain point, you need to find a better way to do it."

West concedes that while he still wants to conquer the music scene, he must also take public opinion into consideration.

He may have just learned the aspects of "humility and empathy," but friend and fellow rapper Jay-Z seems to have always been a source of inspiration. When asked what Jigga has done for him, West replies, "Man, everything — served as a big brother, the blueprint, our reality. Someone to look up to."

But Kanye feels as if he's fulfilled a purpose for the chart-topper too: "Just served as a burst of energy at all times — light and energy. Just a person who's constantly seeking information that Jay can use."

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Originally Posted by hella handsome

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Jay uses the Reasonable Doubt flow on his song with Pete Rock, and they’ll be visiting the south of France towards the end of the month to finish Watch The Throne, after Kanye hands in My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy on October 14th.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 <> Jay 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

slurpage before you even heard the track...smh
I can't be happy that my favorite rapper is going back to his best flow, with one of my favorite producers? 
I swear, you can't be a fan or get excited about anything on here without someone calling you out on it
30t6p3b.gif

Yall think we getting a joint tonight?
...Seem like Ye' been busy overseas all week with the Runway screenings
(Ps. I know the joints don't drop until late)

Back
Top Bottom