[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

while we're at it what are everyones top Ye' 5 tracks?

in no particular order.. two words, we major, through the wire, flashing lights & heard em say.

woulda rather much listed a top 10
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

in no particular order.. two words, we major, through the wire, flashing lights & heard em say.

laugh.gif
Flashing Lights
Two Words
Last Call
Never Let Me Down
Good Morning

Flashing Lights
Never Let Me Down
Bring Me Down
Diamonds from Sierra Leone
Jesus Walks
We Major

Could easily do a top 10; this isn't even 5, but 6.

Originally Posted by bns1201

man college dropout is absolutely my favorite. imo his albums have consistently gotten worse over time. idk how this one is going to be

and pusha t has fell off... he's average without his coka punchlines
frown.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

man college dropout is absolutely my favorite. imo his albums have consistently gotten worse over time. idk how this one is going to be

frown.gif
To me the lack of crack rap is what makes him so much better. Kanye has made this guy so much better to listen to.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Late Registration is leaps and bounds better than College Dropout, musically.

Thank you man.

I'm one of the NT'ers that believe "College Dropout" is an undeniable classic, but not his best album (IMO).

"Late Registration" was leaps and bounds better than "College Dropout" musically. It's like Ye' has gotten better and better with every album.

no *%*! late registration is better "musically" because he had jon brion or whatever sons name is on the WHOLE ALBUM twerking and adding his style to every track!!!

the impact of cd was FAR superior than the impact of lr when it came out and thats why i say its his best album. he stepped his game up in a major way lyrically on lr but the songs didn't hit you as hard as the songs on cd... i hope this makes sense. i just FEEL college dropout pretty much as a whole and i can't say the same for the rest of his albums.

lr had some gems and is a great album but i prefer to listen to cd because that was, in my opinion, true kanye

Flashing Lights
I Wonder
Can't Tell Me Nothing
All Falls Down
We Major
Spaceships
Street Lights
Heartless
Apologize
Say You Will
Touch The Sky
Late

Originally Posted by jc619er

frown.gif
To me the lack of crack rap is what makes him so much better. Kanye has made this guy so much better to listen to.
this

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Late Registration is leaps and bounds better than College Dropout, musically.

Thank you man.

I'm one of the NT'ers that believe "College Dropout" is an undeniable classic, but not his best album (IMO).

"Late Registration" was leaps and bounds better than "College Dropout" musically. It's like Ye' has gotten better and better with every album.
Totally agree!

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I can't choose 5, but Ye's best song (arguably) is "Can't Tell Me Nothing".�

Song is so underrated. My favorite Kanye song ever.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

laugh.gif

Wow, impossible. It could change on any given day.

Ima go with...

Through The Wire
Good Morning
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Late
Home (OG)

May not be my top 5 but going off the top of my head:
I wonder
Family business
Last call
Say u will
Flashing lights

Top 5 features:
Run this town
Put on
Selfish
This way
Get by (remix)

Top 5 beats:
Kanye- Stronger
The Game- Dreams
Common- They say
Kanye- I wonder
Nas- Still dreaming

no *%*! late registration is better "musically" because he had jon brion or whatever sons name is on the WHOLE ALBUM twerking and adding his style to every track!!!

the impact of cd was FAR superior than the impact of lr when it came out and thats why i say its his best album. he stepped his game up in a major way lyrically on lr but the songs didn't hit you as hard as the songs on cd... i hope this makes sense. i just FEEL college dropout pretty much as a whole and i can't say the same for the rest of his albums.

lr had some gems and is a great album but i prefer to listen to cd because that was, in my opinion, true kanye

I hate statements like this. What does "True Kanye" even mean? Like an artist isn't supposed to grow.  Did you want College Dropout 2, 3, and 4?  Musically, Late Registration is a more mature album than CD. Need an example, listen to the skits on CD.  But I digress, I do agree with you on the impact of CD was "far superior" than LR.  But this is a music forum, and we’re here to discuss music. So that point isn’t valid.

-All Falls Down
-Crack Music
-Diamonds
-Champion
-Heard Em Say

Honorary Mention
-Spaceship
-CTMN
-Slow Jamz
...I could go on & on, it be easier to name songs I don't like

I think on any given day his albums can top each other

CD - Was that old original backpack blazer polo wearing grind for Jay and the Roc type Kanye we was introduced to and loved

LR - Was a musical masterpiece! Ye made hip hop fans fall in love with the instruments and storys behind each song

Graduation - In my opinion is his "Thriller" every track was flawless I even grew to like Drunk And Hot Girls which is the only track that wasnt a banger on 1st listen

808s - I dont even classify this as part of his rap College theme album series! wit that said I took it for what it was! I went on youtube and looked up the samples for 808s and that made me love the album even more just hearing how he came up wit each song is crazy.....and if you dont like 808s please go watch VH1 Storytellers and see how he breaks down each song its straight classic

and yall leavin out one of Kanyes best songs/beats The Whole City Behind Us feat Ludacris & The Game

Through the wire is my all time favorite song.

hmmm but top 5 kanye would have to be

through the wire
last call
i wonder
slow jams
all falls down/spaceship/workoutplan(
laugh.gif
)/Flashing lights...thats off top

Choose just 5? Damn that's tough.

In no order

1. Last call
2. Spaceship